Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls,

I have only just found this forum and been reading posts most of this afternoon, it is amazing the support everyone offers here!!

I have just been through my 1st 2 week wait (I went through ICSI) we had 2 eggs transferred on the 18th November, today i went to the hospital to get my blood test ( i did cheat and take a HPT on Monday and it said Positive).. I received a phonecall from hospital this afternoon and the nurse confirmed my positive.. but now i am back in stress mode as she said my levels were really low, she asked if i have had any bleeding and i replied nothing at all.. i asked what my level was and she said 47 .. she said to keep an eye out over the next few weeks and if i get any bleeding to contact hospital asap... I am now so nervous and constantly checking for any signs of blood and cannot enjoy this happy moment ( i never thought id see a "positive", on a HPT in my lifetime)!? .. has anyone else had low levels  and still had a healthy pregnancy..

I have now been left waiting for a letter to arrive with a date for my scan.. but other than that, the nurse said to continue taking folic acid ( the pessaries i was given ended this morning, and she never gave me anymore!?).. I am now on such a low after being on the rollercoaster the past few weeks.. after getting the positive hpt on Monday I was on cloud 9 ...

Thanks
Cx

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
HI hun,

Welcome to FF. Please, don't worry too much about the actual number, it's the doubling rate that matters. As long as the hcg levels continue to rise and double approximately every 3 days, then it should be a viable pregnancy.

Mandy xx ^kitty^

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Daisy

Can you go back and have another blood test done in 2 days time that way you will knkow if your levels are rising. As long as they are doubling or almost doubling in 48 -72 hours then that is good.
Dependant on what day past EC you tested will mean that a level of 47 might not be so bad. Ive know people to have low levels and had sucessful pregnancys.

I know exactly how you will be feeling right now as I had a level of 53 on my first DEIVF, which was classed as a positive, not a low result, but our clinic insist on going back for a second test and my level only went up by 10.

Keep your chin up and keep thinking positive thoughts, its never over till the fat lady sings.

Chris

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Daisy -  ^hugme^ . It's so worrying isn't it! I just wanted to say that my first hcg was 29.1 which I was told was very low. It's not always a bad thing as you can see from my ticker!

I hope it works out for you. XXXXX

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks girls for the words of encouragement.. reading your replies have really boosted me today!

@Daxcat - your post says it all.. with low level at the start and now look at how you have progressed!!  :) an inspiration!

@brownowl - my cycle is under NHS, so I'm no sure if i can request another blood test?. When the nurse phoned me up yesterday with my result all she said was to continue to take folic acid and that a letter would be in the post with a date for my scan.. and then she said that as my levels were so low to keep an eye out on any bleeding and if that happened to phone in!!.. she was not positive at all and really got me worried! ^idiot^

@kitten - thanks for your kind words, i know i should not be reading into the actual number but how they multiply..but as i do not know if/when ill be tested again to know that they are, is so worrying!

Ive just phoned up my doctor and have an appointment today, im hoping she will sign me of for a few weeks, as i am going insane with, tiredness and checking for blood now, i would not be able to concentrate in work.. i i will see if she can do anything for me, she may be able to test my levels??

thanks again for the replies
x

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Hun, what day post ET did you have the blood test?  it doesn't sound that low compared to some and if it was quite early, it sounds normal to me.

Have you done another HPT?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Sallywags,

My egg transfer was 18/11/10 and i was tested yesterday 30/11/ so 13 days from date of eggs being transferred back in ?! ( egg retrieval was 15/11/10!)

I did a HPT on Monday 29/11/10 with a Blueclear test and it said 1-2 weeks pregnant.. so i am now thinking if i wait a few days and do another test it will hopefully move up to 2-3 weeks pregnant?? then ill know my hcg levels are going up??.. I feel like i have just been left now to get on with it until i receive the date for my scan?? but I'm not sure how soon that will be?.. i wish the nurse never mentioned that the level was low, then i could enjoy this moment!

x

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
i think 47 doesn't sound too low for 13 days post et...

i think there is a website (pee on a stick?) that gives you some indication of numbers.

You can pay for a private blood test, or it might be worth seeing if your gp will do one for you?  i wouldn't take too much notice of the dates on digital tests - they are not always accurate, and can cause more stress! 

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
As others have said you should definitely be allowed to have a 2nd blood test and even a 3rd and 4th if you want them. They have no right to worry you and then leave you hanging. Your level is within normal ranges and it is the rise that counts. I know how worrying it is as I'm in beta hell at the moment with slow rising numbers - my clinic have been v negative too - I suppose they don't want to get hopes up - but so far you haven't had any meaningful results to be negative about  ^hugme^ xxx

·
Registered
703 Posts
Be careful using the CB conception indicators! I frightened myself because the numbers weren't moving up as I thought they should. I cried for about 2 days but everything was fine. I wouldn't bother with them, more trouble than they are worth! xx

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Yes - definitely steer clear of the CB indicators. I have been doing loads of googling of betas and each woman varies so much that I don't even know how they are allowed to have these types of test as they must distress so many people! Hope all is going well - and try to keep positive xx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all so much for the positive replies!! :)

I have received the date for my 1st scan which is the 30th December, i just cant wait so i can hopefully hear the heartbeat and know that all is ok?!!?

I decided not to phoned up the Unit to ask for another blood test, as both my mum and husband think we should just wait and enjoy this happy time.. if I was to get another low reading then I'd only worry more ( which i know is not a good thing!!).. so going to "try" and put it out my mind, think positive thoughts and pray that on my scan date all goes well and we get a healthy heartbeat!!

thanks again  ^hugme^

x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.