Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies,

Just thought I would start a new topic,hope no-one minds.

I never really used to read much in my late teens, my sister has always been a keen reader and was always trying to pass books on to me but I never bothered!!

Over the last couple of years though I have given it a try and I love it , you will always find me with my head in a good book.

I like easy reading/funny chick lit books(nothing to heavy or taxing on the brain) One author who is absolutley brill is Catherine Alliott.Other ones who are also good but I haven't read much by them are Katie Fforde,Marian Keyes,and Maeve Binchy.

So if any of you out there find that reading helps to occupy your time when you need a break,and if you fancy telling others what you thought of certain books or just to have a chat,here is the place for it!!!!!

Happy reading

Kelly x ^daisy^

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello ladies,

It's nice to know there's a few of you out there like me!!!Always with their head burried in a good book!!!

I like the sound of all reading the same book and reviewing it,we will have to agree on one though(i'm a dumb blonde so nothing to heavy!!).

So if anyone has any suggestions let us all know!! Maybe we ought to wait for a new best seller that we fancy or something!!!

Kelly x ^daisy^

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah i forgot to mention adele parks,me and my sister do loads of book swapping and i'm sure thay are her's,must read them soon!!!!

Kelly x

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hello ladies,

I'm glad I started this thread!!! I hate it when some people say "get your head out off that book" or "reading is boring" .

LB- I might just try one from the authors you mentioned-fancy a bit of a change!!!

Baby trail was good but the ending was a bit dissapointing!!!

Keep the suggestions coming!!!

Kelly x ^daisy^

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi,

Clare-I don't think i'm gonna be the brave one to think of one we can all read together!!! So come on you brave ladies,pick a good easy going book for us to start reading and maybe if we set a date we have a chance to finish our books we are reading ata th mo!!!!

Marie- When I finished my babytrail book i put it on the items for sale thread-

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hello again fellow bookworms,

I am getting a little bit worried about how bossy and totally loopy a few of you are getting over nomainating a book!!!! It's wappy!!!

Anyway it's great to see we all up for it!!!

1) I would love to participate in the joint read.

2) 1 month sounds good- it's enough for slow readers like me and it's good for the fast ones cos it will gave them time to read another while they wait!!!

3) I have had a good look on amazon and my nomination is Honeymoon by James Patterson.I have not read any of his books yet and a friend reccomended it(if it gets choosen and it's rubbish don't blame me!!!)

I have had an idea if it's a tie- if each of us chooses our prefered one ,we would have two reviews going!!!!

If you need any more books to nominate let me know cos I had a short list!!!!

Kelly x

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Hiya ladies,

Croc- cor your dead bossy!!!! I like your style!!!!

Anyway i am getting back to you cos you asked me for the details of the book i mentioned that i wanted to nominate!!!

Just scrap the one i choose(the honeymoon by james patterson)after reading more about it it looks shyte!!!!

The book I would like to nominate is the same as dotty has nominaetd-where rainbows end by cecilia ahern!!!

Are you sorting the vote thing out or do ya need a hand??

Kelly x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.