Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am new to all this, am starting my nasal spray on the 26th july 2004 and was wondering if anyone else was starting around the same time as me, maybe we could help each other along, going for info session on 9th july, am abit scared by it all! This will be our first IVF after ectopic ruptured at 11 and a half weeks! my right tube was removed and my left is useless also! so IVF is the only option, the good news is that dear husband has excellent swimmers so were told last week! Hope to hear from someone out there!

Love from Chazzie xxx

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Chazzie, I'm starting d/r on the 27th July and planning egg collection in early Sept.

We have male factor probs and need ICSI treatment. This is our first attempt.

Let's keep each other company on this rollercoaster!!

Allie.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Allie! ^wave^

How are you? Hope you are feeling ok today?

I am so excited for us to be starting the spray next week, I really am so pleased to be starting the treatment at last, have only been on waiting list for 5 months, so have been really lucky! ^spin^

I will be thinking of you next Tuesday, we are going to be a right pair of sniffers!!!

Take care and hope to hear from you soon!

^fairydust^

Love Chazzie!!! xxx

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hi Chazzie and Allie,

I am starting my nasal spray on the 31st July, so we will be going through it together. ^gossip^ This is my first attempt at FET, I had my first attempt at ICSI in February this year, we were successful but sadly I miscarried.
I have my baseline appointment on the 16th August, if all is OK, FET will take place last week of August.
I have been through the egg collection process so if there is anything you'd like to know please ask me.

Hope to hear from you both soon.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi Chazzie, Allie and Snowdrop!

I'm due to start sniffing on 24th - this Saturday. First go was ICSI in May with donor eggs but sadly bfn. Trying again now with our precious frosties! I think the transfer will be 2nd week in August if my lining behaves itself!

Good luck to you all!

Love Ange x

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Chazzie

I'm new to this too. I'm a bit ahead of you, having started my down-regging on 19 July. It's going fine so far, but I'm really nervous about the injections. :'(

Sadly my DH doesn't have good swimmers, he's a failed vasectomy reversal, so we have to rely on ICSI with frozen sperm. Here's hoping they defrost OK, but lots are non-motile...

All the best to you and to the other sniffers. :)

Blue Soo

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Technically, I should be in last months cycle buddies board as I started my treatment yesterday - but you all seem like like such lovely girls that I wanted to join you lot!!!!

This is our first attempt at ICSI and my emotions are all over the place. I'm yoyo-ing between trying to remain realistic and telling myself that the odds are against us getting pregnant to feeling really excited and thinking that there is no point in going through all this if I don't think we'll get pregnant! Is this normal - and am I setting myself up for a fall?? Is there anything we can do to help improve our chances???

Anyway, injected with Prostop yesterday to down-reg and go for pre-stim scan on Aug 10th at Jimmy's Leeds.

Would be great to hear from you,
Love
Amanda x

Take care

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Guys,
I start the nasal spray tomorrow, so i am a couple of days behind you.
This is my 2nd attempt at ivf, 1st attempt was successful but unfortunately m/c, so fingers crossed 2nd time lucky.
It would be nice if we could all keep each other posted on our progress.

Love
Karen

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hello all,

The sniffing has started and so far so good, only a bit of burning in the nose and throat at the mo, hot flushes haven't started yet.
I hope you are all getting on well.
Karen me and you will be going through the same emotions as like you my first treatment was successful but ended in m/c. This is my second cycle too.

Keep in touch girls

Kerri (aka Snowdrop)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi everyone! ^wave^

Hope you are feeling ok today?

Well we are all about 1 to 2 weeks into this sniffing lark and i hope all is going well so far?

I have been feeling abit irritable (dh is bearing the brunt of that, thank god he understands!) and headachey, also have had abit of trouble sleeping, i have been waking up in a right bad sweat in the middle of the night!

But taking my spray is going well, it`s like a militery operation, i have 2 alarms set- 8am and 8pm, just incase i forget to sniff!!! :D

I do worry though that my symtoms are just psychological and not real at all, worrying that the spray isn`t working!!! silly i know!!! :-[

It would be great if anyone else has any symtoms too, and irrational thoughts like me too!!! ^chuckle^

Anyway, good luck girls! and hope to hear from you all soon! ^group^

HAPPY SNIFFING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^fairydust^

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hello Chazzie, Snowdrop, Karen, Mandi, AngeK & Alidan,

I was worried about my sniffing too, as it didn't seem to be having any effect. And sometimes it went right up my sinuses and gave me a headache. Once I thought I hadn't squirted it properly, so I did it again, and boy was that painful!!:( :'(

But I went into the clinic for my first scan and blood test on Tuesday, and everything was fine. I got the OK to start the injections that night. ^thumbsup^ ^thumbsup^

I was really scared about doing the injections. I kept putting it off, and in the end my DH had to count me down. 1,2,3 ... stab! ^shocked^

But it didn't hurt at all! What a relief ^clapping^ Did it again last night, and it stung a bit, but wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting...

Got to go back on Sat for a blood test, then on Mon, Wed and Fri for scans. Unfortunately we're on holiday in Somerset next week, so I'm going to have to keep driving up and down to London for my scans. Will that matter? Will it make me too stressed? Does anyone else travel long distances for treatment?

I'm also suffering with a horrible cough, but I guess I ought not to take antibiotics in case they affect the treatment...

How are you all getting on with your sniffing girls?

Love

BlueSoo

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hi Girls,

I find with the sniffing that I have a sore nose and throat, hot flushes haven't started yet.
Blue soo don't worry too much about the travelling I was much like yourself at the clinic every other day for scans and bloods, we had a four hour rond trip. On the day of my egg collection we were on our way to the clinic when we were in a car accident. Two days later I had my embryos put back in. During the two week wait I had to sort out my insurance, get courtesy cars etc, as you can imagine very stressful but the treatment worked, so although we should avoid stressful situations, stress doesn't necessarily mean your treatment won't work.

Take care sniffers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Chazzie,Alidan,Snowdrop,Angek,Bluesoo & Mandi.

Well, I've only been sniffing a couple of days, and believe it or not the mood swings have started already, not only with dh but with my work colleagues, luckily 2 of them are close friends and know that i am having ivf, but the others must think i am a moody cow :mad:. Well it can't get any worse and its all in a good cause.

I'll have to go as its time for BB.

Post soon, happy sniffing.

Hugs ^group^and kisses :-*
Karen

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hi Gang

Hope all of your treatment is going to plan, the hot flushes and mood swings have kicked in now, poor DP is really getting it in the neck.  Went to clinic on Monday for baseline, I found this very hard as last time I had been, I was told I had miscarried  :'(.  There was lost of tears on Monday night but I think I'm finally getting there.
All is looking well and embryo transfer is scheduled for the 7th September. 

I hope you are all well and hope to hear from you soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
HI Snowdrop,

Its good to hear that your treatment is going OK.
I have my baseline scan on Wednesday so fingers crossed I should be starting stimming.

I know what you mean about finding it hard going back to the clinic, thats exactly how I felt when I went for my day 21 appointment, the scan brought all the memories flooding back.

I am on the August Angels and September sweetheart thread, why don't you join us?

Take Care

Karen

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone,

Sniffing has been going fine, more tired than normal and a few hot flushes every day but no nasty mood swings or headaches.

Baseline is on Monday and fingers crossed I will have a nice thin lining.

I am egg sharing and my biggest fear at the moment is that my recipient won't be ready.  I can't bear waiting any longer!!

Hope you are all fine today!

Love

ALIDAN

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi everyone!!!  ;D

We went for the scan on thursday and was told that the sniffing had paid off!!!  My womb lining was nice and thin and my ovaries are inactive due to the nasal spray!!!  ^spin^

So the injections started yesterday, my husband is having to do those for me as i simply cannot bring myself to inject myself!!! ^eyes^

It is going well so far, it does hurt and my husband hates the thought of inflicting pain on me but its worth it if it all works in the end!!!  :)

Hope everyone else is ok and good luck to all of you with the drugs!!!!

Hope to hear from you all soon!!!!

love from,

Chazzie!!! XXX

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hi Girls, sorry to jump in late but I've only just found this part of the message board!

I think I'm on a similar cycle time-wise - have been down regging since July 21, and have been stimming for 5 days, and e.c due 3rd Sept.

Mandi - I can particularly relate to you.  I started 1 ICSI cycle back in Feb, but it was cancelled before e.c as I didn't respond to the stimming, so now we are trying again.  Have been told could be our only chance  as DH has such poor and few sperm. I have been through all the same emotions as you - particualrly last cycle. I got my hopes up really high cos it seemed the only way of getting through, but then I would swing back the other way and think whats the point.  However, DH keeps saying that there is a point, because if we don't try then we'll never know, and always wonder whether that tiny % of chance woulkd have happened. Its very difficult getting the balance between being positive but realistic. This time round have coped by being dteached - like its something thats happening to some one else.

By the way - all you girls seem to be down regging by sniffs - anyone out there down regging by Buserelin injection like me?
I am on a long protocol so what with down reg inj have been injecting since 21 July - my bum is soooo brui :eek: ^shake^sed!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Ermey,

I've replied to you on the ICSI thread - but I hope you are doing ok - I couldn't bring myself to log onto to this website during my stimming phase - I don't know why??  But I'm all positive again now, especially as things are happening so fast - I suppose I'm one of the lucky ones but I haven't found things too bad - I just keep taking it one day a time - I just pray that these babies embed and I can provide a nice warm bed for them for nine months.

Good luck with your tx - and here's some fairy dust for good measure,
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Amanda xx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi everyone!!!  :)

Hope everyone is feeling ok?  ???

Things are moving really fast for us now,  since i was last in touch we have been for two scans, the first told us that i had 12 follicles growing nicely!!!  ;D.  They told me that they may bring the et forward a day.  I had to ring them that afternoon and i was told that they were doing the ec this tuesday 31st august!!!  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

So we have been for our scan this moring to be told that i now have 13 follicles!!!  They are hoping to take the 11 biggest follicles on tuesday,  so it all systems go! go! go!  ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^

So now all we have to do is hope and pray and keep fingers crossed etc. that there are some brill eggs in those follicles to fertillise!!! ^sperm^ ^sperm^ ^sperm^ ^sperm^ ^sperm^

Anyway keep in touch girls and hope your all well!!!

Love Chazzie !!! xxx

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.