Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm very new to this, am on first ever 2WW having had ET last Friday from DE using ICSI (hope the terminology is ok!).

Had to use DEs as suffered from premature menopause in early 20s - long time ago now...I haven't been able to find any info or posts from ladies in my situation so I'm not sure how I should be feeling right now with regards to side-effects etc.

We had fantastic results from DE and ICSI - 2 currently in use and 6 frozen for further attempts if needed.  All excellent quality 4-cell.

I'm on 6mg progynova and 2xcyclogest pessaries each day.  Started to feel nauseous Sunday evening and all day Monday, not so much Tuesday or today.  Felt that nausea was a positive sign as hoping to be pregnant but not sure.  Also today feel VERY emotional.

I have no idea if AF will come naturally if not pregnant or only if I stop drugs as it has been many years since AF visited.

Am trying everything I can to help, acupuncture, eating the right foods including seaweed, brazil nuts but staying well clear of pineapple as heard conflicting reports on that one.  Also have been feeling really positive until today - cautiously optimistic is the right phrase I think.

Any advice/thoughts much appreciated.

Many thanks and love and good luck to everyone!

CJ xxx

·
Registered
312 Posts
Iya CJ,

First of all you need to stop worrying about symptoms or lack of them etc.... we're all different in our bodies and the way we react to treatment and the drugs so feeling sick or not may be down to the drugs in your system....

Some ladies will say that they have such a symptom and others say that they have the same or different but that does not mean that if they have the same feelings/symptoms that they will go on to get the ssme BFP or BFN..... it's just a waiting game until your test date whe hopefully your dreams will come true.

I drank a large glass of milk a day and kept my belly warm with a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel, although some will say that hot water bottles are a big no, no..... so there is another example of people being/feeling different.

About being emtional then.... welcome to the world of IVF..... it's a hard rollercoster ride but the end result of getting your dream is so worth it !!!

I wish you all the luck in the world on your journey.

Try to relax and take care.

City Chic x x :)

PS.  My 2 Grade 1, 4 cell embies are fast alseep in their cots upstairs...... and 6 frosties for future siblings is great !!!! I am also not a recipient but a doner.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hi

The symptoms you are having could be from the progesterone, it can cause pregnancy like symptoms.

Good luck

Helen xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

As the other ladies have said, at this early stage there really is no way of knowing what's happening so I'd honestly try not to over analyse anything...or lack of anything.

The meds you're on can cause all manner of side effects and symptoms....and both progesterone & oestrogen can cause pg and AF like symptoms....here's just a few side effects of progesterone (Cyclogest):

headache
breast tenderness or pain
upset stomach and/or vomiting and nausea
diarrhea and/or constipation
bloatedness
windiness
urinary problems
tiredness
muscle, joint, or bone pain
mood swings/irritability/excessive worrying
sneezing/coughing/runny nose
vaginal discharge/increase in cervical mucus
PMS like symptoms

and here's some of the side effects and symptoms of oestrogen (Progynova):

breast pain, tenderness or enlargement
headache/migraine
nausea
abdominal pain
bloating
windiness
indigestion
tiredness
anxiety
dizziness
swelling of the ankles due to to fluid retention
skin reactions such as rash and itch
PMS like symptoms

If you had ET last Friday with day 2 embies (4 cell is normally day 2) then you're 6dp2dt...so embies are only 8 days old and would only have been ready to start implanting in last few days......so early days yet.  Only once good level of HCG has been released will you normally get genuine pg symptoms....generally from around 6 weeks (you'd be 4 weeks at test day) but some women are more sensitive to the hormone and get pg symptoms much earlier....we're all different after all.  However, at this stage with your embies only being 8 days old, it's more likely your symptoms are related to the hormone medication.

Just try to keep your fluids up, keep your belly warm and covered up at all times.......and fingers crossed for you !

Good luck
Natasha ^reiki^

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Ladies

Thanks for the replies and advice, much appreciated.  Just gonna have to stop obsessing and wait this one out until I hopefully get to announce a BFP.  ^pray^

love
CJ XXX

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts