Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm very new to this, am on first ever 2WW having had ET last Friday from DE using ICSI (hope the terminology is ok!).

Had to use DEs as suffered from premature menopause in early 20s - long time ago now...I haven't been able to find any info or posts from ladies in my situation so I'm not sure how I should be feeling right now with regards to side-effects etc.

We had fantastic results from DE and ICSI - 2 currently in use and 6 frozen for further attempts if needed. All excellent quality 4-cell.

I'm on 6mg progynova and 2xcyclogest pessaries each day. Started to feel nauseous Sunday evening and all day Monday, not so much Tuesday or today. Felt that nausea was a positive sign as hoping to be pregnant but not sure. Also today feel VERY emotional.

I have no idea if AF will come naturally if not pregnant or only if I stop drugs as it has been many years since AF visited.

Am trying everything I can to help, acupuncture, eating the right foods including seaweed, brazil nuts but staying well clear of pineapple as heard conflicting reports on that one. Also have been feeling really positive until today - cautiously optimistic is the right phrase I think.

Any advice/thoughts much appreciated.

Many thanks and love and good luck to everyone!

XXX And to all you Donors/Egg Sharers out there - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the opportunity for people like me to fulfil a dream XXX

CJ xxx

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi CJ

I know you are feeling anxious and excited now, and analysing every twinge and each butterfly in your stomach ....... For what it's worth you are doing everything you can, and all that remains for you to do is to stay sane (easier said than done) until it's time to test .....

I wish you the very best of luck

Ginger xxdx

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi CJ

You are not alone...and I know exactly how you feel. We are finally pg after our third attempt using DE (although not reached 12 week scan yet so not counting chickens)...if it helps, my 2wws were all very different and I just have to stress to you that you cannot read anything into any symptoms, good or bad. I spent the Sunday before test day in floods of tears as I was convinced i felt the same AF pains as on our 2nd attempt, but then I got a very strong BFP with twins! So, you really must stay positive...you are PUPO! You will find that the progynova and cyclogest have an effect on you too...I came off mine last week and my pg symptoms have been different then...still feel nauseous, but it's a different kind. So again, you can't read anything into any symptoms or lack of...it may be that your body is just getting used to the drugs. It would be very unusual for you to be getting morning sickness this early I think, but you never know...

I don't know if any of this helps or not, but I just want you to be reassured about not reading anything negative into what you are feeling...you will not know if you are pg until test day and that's the long and short of it...

I totally agree with you about donors. We are so lucky to have their help and when you do get your BFP you will be over the moon!

Do keep us updated on how you are getting on...
[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]
Alice xx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Ladies

Thanks for the replies and advice, much appreciated.  I'm not feeling quite so low or grumpy today and tried really hard not analyse everything.  Who knows how I'll feel tomorrow or even in an hour's time!

I will certainly let you know how I get on  ^pray^  8 days til test day  ^pray^

Alice, congratulations you must be ecstatic, hope to be joining you soon!  Would love to announce a BFP.

Ginger, your son is beautiful, well done!

love
CJ XXX

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi CJ

I can only echo what Alice says dont look too much into symptoms.
I also went through early menapouse but when I was 30yrs, I am now 26ws after receiving DE in Kiev Ukraine. I was getting AF pains up until about 10weeks totally freaked me out!!!!!

Try to relax and sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^hugme^ ^hugme^

I will keep an eye out for a good  ^BFP^ announcement

Love Briergirl
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Briergirl

Thanks for the advice and congrats on your success!  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

Reading the success stories on here certainly gives me hope.

Only 3 days to go before results.... will hopefully post that much wanted BFP on Friday!

I'm desperately trying to avoid taking a HPT too early even though I have 3 at the ready  :-\

CJ xxx

now 11dp2dt

·
Registered
381 Posts
CJ...I SO have my fingers crossed for you...is test day Friday..the 13th? That's the same as my 12 week scan and I'm bricking it...never thought I was superstitious before now!

^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ for both of us and hopefully we can have some dancing bananas together on Friday!! ^banana^ ^banana^

[fly] ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^[/fly]

Alice xx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Alice

Yep Friday 13th!  Could not believe that when I was told that would be test/results day.

Only thing is having to wait all day for the result - testing at 8.30, results approx 4pm  ^idiot^  probably gonna be the toughest, longest day yet.

I'm sure your scan will be fab on Friday, to be able to see your lovely twins at 12 weeks will be something else.  Hoping I'll be there in 8 weeks time.

Did you do a HPT before your test date and if so how many days after ET?  Haven't yet but think I might tomorrow..... so tempted.

love
CJ XXX

·
Registered
381 Posts
On my first round of tx I didn't do one at all, on my second I did one in the morning before I went to the clinic and, as it was a BFN, I was so embarrassed to be sitting in the waiting room blubbing! This last time, I peed into a pot (TMI) in the morning before I went to the clinic, but I didn't use the HPT test until I got back...then I felt I would be better prepared for the afternoon phonecall...I think this was the best way of doing it, although even then it wasn't without drama as shortly after the pee stick BFP I started bleeding and thought it was all over...then my HCG reading (over 300) reassured me a little on the phone and I got tested again two days later... (I also had bleeding at week 6 and 7...so dramas all the way!)

Fingers crossed...post as soon as you know anything! My scan is at 11.40 so should be posting in the afternoon too...

Good luck honey!

Alice xx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Everyone

We got our much wanted ^banana^ ^BFP^ ^banana^ and are now sitting here looking shocked, ecstatic but shocked! I did do 2 HPTs with positive results so was expecting (pardon the pun!) a positive blood test but it was still great to get the result confirmed by the clinic!!

Salice...... how did you get on with your scan today? I hope all went well for you!

Thanks for all the support and positive vibes!

Lots of love
CJ xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
381 Posts
CJ
That's fab news! I'm ^spin^for you!
Our scan went well..gotta wait for nuchal results now....more waiting  :mad:

I see you're in same neck of woods as me ... fancy a meet? If so, pm me with suggestion of time/place...if not, don't worry, i won't be offended....much ;D

Again...many many congrats  ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^

alice x

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alice

Thanks!

Glad your scan went well.

The entire 9 months is a waiting game, with lots of little waits along the way for the big event at the end!  I expect you feel impatient for each stage and I think I will be the same.

I'm on a 2.5ww now - for the 7 week scan - when I will hopefully find out if we've got 1 or 2 lovely embies on board.  Clinic thinks 1 is most likely from the bhcg level (316) but said could be 2.

CJx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts