Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im due to start d.r on thursday and looking for some advice on wot i should do and dont do, ie: wot to eat drink not eat drink, or lifting etc........... would be very grateful if u could give me some advice thanks

Louise xxxx :)

Premium Member
Hi hun, i didnt really change that much during dr, maybe ate a bit better and didnt really lift that much heavy stuff, but still carried on as normal, even all the house work and the occational cigerette, naughty naughty i know.聽 I am now on my 2ww with two lovely embies on board.

I would try not to worry about it to much during dr, and maybe when you get to stimming maybe start drinking lots of water to boost them follies.

Hope this helps.

XX

Premium Member

Registered
Hi Louise03
I see Emma has given you the link which I stuck to as much as I could, I'm on my 2ww at present, but just wanted to wish you loads of luck for Thursday and beyond!!!聽 ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
G x x

Registered
Hiya,

I switched to decaf coffee and only had one of those a day, drank lots of water,聽 barely had any alcohol and tried to eat a bit healthier (diet was ok to begin with though).聽 Also tried (and failed!) to keep my mind off it as the worrying probably didn't do me any good!聽 Good luck for your treatment,

Tracy xxx

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all ur replies they were very helpful.

Im a bit unsure about the hot water bottle thing when to use it and when not to? plus having hot baths? ^idiot^
Louise xx

Premium Member
Hello Louise

The advise the most people follow is to use the heat before EC to encourage growth, but then not to following ET.

Love

Emma x

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi Emma thanks for ur help i will be getting my hot water bottle out now then ready ha just a quick question again how long is it best to keep the heat on and how often? (sorry for being a pain) ^idiot^
cheers
Louise xx

Premium Member
Hi Louise

You're not a pain at all. Thats exactly why we have the thread聽 ;)

No particular recommended time that I know of. Just whenever you can. Its a great reason to relax LOTS with your hot water bottle. If there are any times hopefully somebody else will know but I don't remember reading so

Good luck聽 ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Emma x

Registered
Hiya!
I didnt DR on my last cycle but during stimming i didnt smoke or drink any alcohol (i started abstaining a couple of months before)..

Do try this though

Brazil nuts,
heat pads or hot water bottles (up to EC..not after)
Drink lots and lots of water.

I wasnt responding well to stims at first. I tried the above and my next scan showed great improvement. I cannot confirm that these things worked , it may just have been the meds? However I felt better for being proactive and it certainly cant hurt!

Best of luck with tx
xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts