Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

What an nice idea, a hobbies area!

I wondered if there were any fellow equestriennes out there?

I have 4 horses currently, and my young mare foals in April ( I will be a grandmother before I am a mother!)

Look forward to hearing from you!

Zoe XXX

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Neighhhhh
Hi Zoe, I am another ye ha gal, allthough not so much these days, but I still keep my hand in.
Good luck for your new babby in April, if you fancy an non human baby chat sometime, then let me know.
Dydie

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Not ridden for just under a year due to moving from Gloucester to York to our final place or rest Nottingham but yes been a horsey gal since I could walk - never managed to own my own horse as always found myself looking after other peoples and sharing - mainly because I'm a TTouch fan and animal behaviorist (not qualified I may stress) in spare time as hobby, well for cats, horses and ferrets that is and have helped out a lot of people with their problem animals!

Either of you ladies planning on going to any of the 3 day events this year?

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Hi Nikki
I have been promising to take DH to one of the 3 day events for years and we have a caravan now so we could stay on site for the 3 days, maybe it would be a good time for us to meet up, as I don't know about your dp but mine will get bored and will no doubt end up propping up the tent in the nearest beer stand ;D
If you fancy going either for the 3 days (you could stay with us if you wanted, but I know men can be funny about such things) or we can meet up for the day on the
X-country day, if so let me know which one is closer to you and we can try and arrange things nearer the time,
Zoe...I haven't chatted with you before but you are more than welcome to join us if this is up your street.
Dydie

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
I'm the same as you, trying to get DP to go to one, think if there's at least another guy who's not too into it then beer tent would suit him just fine - most I go to, big Badminton fan though.  I'm up for it definitely, even if its not the full 3 days DP could hack ( ;) lol no pun intended) it I would drag him to the XC as thats my fav event anyway.

What do you think Zoe?

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
awww haven't been riding for ages, but spent the my entire teens on horses/pony's at gymkhana's (sp?)
Now I am older the fear factor has set in, gone are the days of madly galloping along the beach jumping the groins, hhmmmmm silly......... :eek:

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
I know what you mean about the fear factor and age - I used to blast aound a XC with no fear but now I'll put on a body protector and go down a gear - maybe its with age you become more sensible - awful thought I know!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hiya,
Just spotted this :eek: 
In the last year I have re-discovered my love of horse riding, although my love of horses never left me, my confidence did ;D due to a rather unfortunate parting with me & the horse at a cross country jump nearly 20 years ago, resulting with me in hospital for weeks with a v.badly broken ankle :mad: several opperations, scars, screws & plates later, I was told not to ride for at least a year to allow it to heal :(  Now I just wish I had bitten the bullet & started again years ago ::) I think you have a lot more fears as you get older, but I am getting there  :)
Hope to speak soon

Andrea
   x

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Nikki
Remind us about them when you know dates etc and I will def come and meet up with you there
Dydie xxxxx

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Dydie I promise I am not stalking you he he he he ::)

I love everything horsey but stopped riding probably 5 years ago due to finances and taking up another expensive hobby (scuba)

But love Badminton so if there is something arranged let me know  :)

Debs
xx

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
No problem Debs
We could maybe travel up together and waddle about after all those cream cakes  ;D ;D
Dydie xx

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

we will have to do something if we eat too many!!.....

travelling together is fine so (well we will see after May)  ;D ;D ;D I may scare ya to death  ^angel^

Debs
xx

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
BADMINTON - PROVISIONAL PROGRAMME FOR 2005 .

DRESSAGE
Thursday 5th May
(Gates open 8.00 a.m.)
9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.

DRESSAGE
Friday 6th May
9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.

XC
Saturday 7th May
10.30.a.m. - 5.00 p.m.

Sunday 8th May
FINAL HORSE INSPECTION
JUMPING TEST
Band Display
PARADE OF COMPETITORS
JUMPING TEST (Top 20 Competitors)
Parade of Duke of Beaufort's Hounds
PRESENTATION OF PRIZES

Firstly how do these dates sound?

What discipline is everyone fav - Mine would be XC without a shadow.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Dates are fine for me, didn't realise it was so soon though  :eek:
Def X Country for me too and dh would be bored stiff watching the show jumping and would be in a box by the end of the dressage  ;D
Count me in I will put it in my diary
Dydie xx

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
I didn't realise was so soon either.  No idea if DP will come yet - hmmmm poss not, have to find right time to ask.  I however will come to the XC though, even if its alone.  Shall I put word about to non-horsey people on site or do you reckon non horse people would get bored? Then again with the XC is a free for all to walk around, etc

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
It would not hurt asking, besides even people who are not interested might enjoy the walk and if they get bored they can keep our other halves company in the beer tent  ;D oh well looks like I will be the one driving home again  :-\
Dydie xx

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Blimey just looked at the prices - gone up me thinks - £10 car parking and £20 at gate - £30 total each  ^scared^ just to get in - hmmmmmm, let me have a nose around at the other horse trial events for this year - one after our weddnig would be better cash wise.  Will get on the case this weekend - put up full info here and around the site - see if we can get a big meet at one of the trials. 

Bummer as I like Badminton too, plus my dad lives near in Gloucester so could have popped in to see him.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.