Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Can anyone advise me on timings? We are having an ppt with Dr Gorgy in a couple of weeks (24th) and doing bloods on that day too (I hope).
How long does it take for the results to come back and how much time is required after that for treatment? I am sure it depends on what treatment...
Is the immune treatment usually at the same time as IVF treatment (which I am having done again on NHS at same clinic as before - no choice) or is a lot of time needed beforehand?
I am asking because I am currently waiting for AF, to ring up my clinic and get started on IVF again (coming in after that on day 23 for injections to begin).
AF will roughly be on 24th Jan too, meaning I would go to the clinic to start things rolling on about 15th Feb.
Is that timeframe unrealistic, given immune investigations?
I know I can ask Dr Gorgy on the 24th Jan but it seems a long way till then (have to wait till DH is available and he is away with work) and I'd be grateful if anyone has any idea. I hate not knowing what's next and when!
Thanks very much

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
have you seen the FAQ?

there is info on timescales under T for time.  some immune Tx's are given during your IVF but several of them are done beforehand, so if you want to stick to having IVF on your next period, you probably wouldn't be able to do all of the immune treatments, but you won't know exactly what Dr G would recommend until your test results are back.  some would be back within a week, but DQa tests can take about 3 weeks to come back.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Hi amily  Can't comment on average time but as an example I went to see dr g after my 3rd unsucessful ivf. I then had to wait for my af til I could test for hidden c, then it came back +ve so had 4 weeks of antibios then needed to wait for 2 afs to re-test so will finally be restarting tx soon.. This means it's been about three months since first appt!! It's been disappointing and frustrating to wait but I've told myself the whole point of going to see dr g was to improve my odds so I've got to just roll with it. Other people need diff tx to me eg humira, lit or hysto ops which all have different time implications (wait between tx or can only be done at certain times in the cycle etc), others are able to start tx on next af - we're all different?!  best of luck with your appointment. X

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much for your replies, agate and loop. I will see what works. You're quite right, loop. No point getting the testing done unless it is to improve the odds. Just frustrating to have to wait so long for appt (due to DH being away each Mon, Tues, Wed with work)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.