Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there
i am currently 33 weeks +5 days. my scan at 30 weeks was breech but my obst was not at all worried. yesterday i had my first hopsital apt (i'm in france so bit different here) she said was breech and have until 21st (35+3) for it to turn and then come in for scan to see exact position and if has not turned i will have to come back that week (christmas!!) to try manualy. they give it 3 goes 3 days apart and then make a decision if i can have it or have to have a Csection.
i really dont wont a section and also (shouldn't be a big deal)dont want to be up and down to hospital - an hour away over chirstmas with a 3 yr old who is so looking forward to the whole time of yr.
when i asked the midwife if there was anything i could do she said 'no- hope'
can you give me any tips or encouragement that i still have time to turn spontanisoly?? this is my second pregnacy Both FET and both times have been very easy but with LOTS of movemet. i ended in hospital with a torn ligament the last time!
any advice would be fantastic.
thanks
buis
forgot to mention, not sure if its relevent that i have been having a lot of tightness all across the top 1/2 of my bumb, i asked my m/w if this was contractions and she thought it was cos the baby was growing and just squashing me. it comes and goes and not every day but on a day that i have it its for most of the day and quite sore. almost like my bra is WAY to tight but over a bigger area.
thanks again.

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

You can try kneeling, with your knees into your chest and your bottom in the air, this may just encourage baby to turn round. At least you will have the chance of having it turned for another way of turning it. Have they said when they would do a section if it hasn't worked?

Emilycaitlin xx

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks,
yes they have said probably at 39 weeks, but have not ruled out being able to have it naturaly after various scans etc to look at my pelvis etc ( i think thats what they said!!??)if it turns with or without them i would just then wait for it to start naturaly.
do you know how successfull the turning process is? also at 33+ weeks is it likly to turn in the next fourtnight?
lots of questions - sorry.
will try the kneeling, how often - as often as poss??
thanks again.
buis

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,
There is a good chance of it turning, so it's not a completely done deal. The turning is sometimes successful, I dOnt know the exact percentage of the success rates, but I'm guessing at about 80%. Go on your knees a few times  a day and it may help,

All the best,

Emilycaitlin xx

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,
There is a good chance of it turning, so it's not a completely done deal. The turning is sometimes successful, I dOnt know the exact percentage of the success rates, but I'm guessing at about 80%. Go on your knees a few times  a day and it may help,

All the best,

Emilycaitlin xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.