Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

After 7 cycles of IVF and DEIVF and 3 Miscarriages :( , its now time we looked at other options, can anyone recommend a clinic that does both DE & surrogacy? I have heard Shady Grove is good in Washington? Any more info would be appreciated.

Lily X

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Maybe pop over to the Surrogacy thread as you may get some help, there are couples that have done international surrogacy on their, but I don't thing in the USA- the legal side of things would need careful planning unless you are American I guess, and Natalie FF lawyer would be able to help you.

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=57.0

Good Luck

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi JJ1

Surrogacy thread is not very busy there's never anyone on there!!

Honeybee- yes I have seen that Shady Grove do gestational surrogacy ( where baby is not genetically related to carrier)
I have also found out that in California, the contract between surro mum and intended parents is a legally binding doc, so basically the baby is considered as the child of the intended parents before its even born!!!- I think California is the only state to do this I know the agency that Elton John used is based in San Diego and is the oldest surro agency in the US, I expect is mega expensive and not for us mere mortals!!, but I have sent an e-mail just to find out!
Please correct me if Im wrong, apparently if you do surro in US, baby has a US birth certificate and passport and is granted temporary admissin to the UK until the parental order or UK passport is applied for and granted. I think you can get a UK passport in US if father is named on birth certificate, but this takes longer.

Lily x

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Lily,

I have been a member of a US donor egg and surrogacy board for many years. I would really recommend that you post this question on the board, as women in the US will have up to date information on which are the best clinics for both with costs etc.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/247611/

Be aware of the legal minefield for intended parents and surrogacy overseas, including the US. You would be advised to take legal advice. Here is some legal info. from one of our FF lawyers and her company.

http://www.gambleandghevaert.com/page/intsurr/38/

Lily, as I have said to you before, you and your DH really need to do more testing especially if you are considering DE here or abroad. Has your DH been karyotyped or sperm dna fragmentation tested as this will also affect surrogacy (he is 46 I notice which may increase likelihood of sperm issues). Have you had all the relevant recurrent miscarriage testing as well.

Surrogacy is a very difficult process and as you get pg with DE, I personally still think that is an option for you once you have been tested and medicated appropriately.

Best
Daisy
x
Best of luck,
Daisy
xx

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk and/or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Daisy

Thanks for the info I will take a look.

Yes good info thanks- we do need further testing before we do anything further De or Surrogacy.
We need to find out why I have had a M/C every time I have got pregnant. Each Time I have got pregnant it is with different eggs but same DH sperm, so it would indicate either a problem with my womb/environment/blood etc or DH sperm. It is very frustrating for me as I carried 3 natural pregnancies previously with no meds, all natural no problem, I have only had problems since being married to my DH- which would seem to indiacte the problem lies with him? I just dont know, so we are seeing an IVF doc here to investigate further.
As you have suggested, if we have DH sperm analysed, at least we can then rule that out and look further into why M/C are happening.
If it is a problem with him, it is going to be a problem with surrogacy too.
I will mention Karotype & DNA frag testing to doc.

Thanks

Lily X

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Good Luck Lily,

It is so frustrating and heartbreaking to have to find answers and pick yourselves up to start again after such disappointment.

I really hope you can find a way through this and succeed very soon.

Daisy
xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.