Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls
I was due to start 1st IVF at Royal in Belfast in Sept but it was delayed and I now start sniffing on Oct 5th.  Anyone else in Belfast on similar cycle.  2 or 3 of us from Belfast are also chatting on Sept-Oct cyclers.
Sands

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi girls
Not sure if its major nerves about starting sniffing on Wed but I have had a tense headache since last wednesday and I can't shift it.  Also broke out in a rash across my stomach and really tired and sore all over.  what could it be?  Should I inform RVF but they might delay cycle for another month?  Do you think that might be best until I get to see GP.  Feeling crap and have terrible hot flushes although I havn't even started the sniffing yet!  What's going on?    ^idiot^

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
hi sands

I think you should ask the about the rash call one of the nurses at the royal they are all great and will advise you on what to do goodluck with sniffing not long now hun chat soon

love always lilly xx

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi RVH girlies!

I have been sniffing now for over a week and am waiting now for my period to come.  I can't remember the last time I was wishing it would come!

Gills xx

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi Sands and the rest of the girls

I am starting first cycle of ICSI at the RFC Belfast. Have to go this afternoon to collect my drugs and be shown how to use them. Treatment starts on Saturday for me (Day 21) I am soooo nervous. This site is great but I couldn't see very many messages from Belfast. It's good to hear your messages. I wish you all loads of  ^reiki^ :) :) :) :) with your treatment

LOL

Emma xx

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Emma,

I am also attending the RVH.  Have been sniffing for 10 days.  It's not as bad as you expect - nothing ever is I suppose!  This site is a great help though.

Bets of luck to you!

Gillsx

·
Registered
340 Posts
Morning Gills

Thanks for your message. It was a little daunting yesterday when the treatment was being explained to me.Kinda like school!! It's wasn't until I went home and went over everything myself that it became a lot clearer although I have to say the lady who explained it all was great just took awhile for it to click with me. Things usually do!!! :) I start sniffing tomorrow so fingers crossed like you said it won't be too bad. My whole life is changing now. I have stopped drinking and started to eat healthier I just want to give my body every chance.

Good luck with your sniffing - I hope you don't get any bad side effects. I'm sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ that your treatment goes well sweetheart

LOL

Emma  :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Girls
Just a wee note to say hi and to check how you are all doing.  I am due for scan tomorrow before ec on Monday.  Nervously excited. Really uncomforatable in my trousers now.  Just want to open the button and let it all hang out.  Not a good idea in work though!  ;D  I would really appreciate it if anyone wanted to say a wee prayer for hubbie and I over next week.  I am praying for you all and sending you all cyber hugs  ^wave^

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi Sands

^goodluck^ ^goodluck^ for your scan tomorrow love I really hope it goes well and you have loads of lovely big juicy follies!!!! You are literally a week ahead of me! I go for my scan next friday and e/c on the following Monday!! Although you are a week ahead we will be on the 2WW together fingerscrossed!!! So definitely keep in touch  :) :)

I will certainly say a prayer for you and hubby tonight and the whole way through too. Hopefully we will have the best chrstmas ever!!!

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

LOL

Emma xxx

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Emma, Sands,

Good to hear from you both.  You are both doing reall well - on the stimming now, so time will fly in.  Hope there aren't too many nasty side effects!!

We had a big day yesterday.  My OHSS is well and truely back, so I rang the clinic yesterday afternoon.  Dr Traub rang us back and advised us to do a pg test last night.  He said that reoccuring OHSS can be a sign of pregnancy.  Well when I heard that I was a nervous wreck as you can imagine.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, we tested last night, and I got a BFP!!!!!  I made DH go to Tesco and buy another test just to be sure!!

We are still in shock I think, but unbelievably over the moon.  Could hardly sleep last night for the excitement....  I know there's a long way to go now, so please pray for a healthy pregnancy for us.

Hopefully my result at the Royal will rub off on you both!!!!!  Sending you both ooodles of baby dust ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Gillsxxx

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh Gills i am soooooo pleased for you both.  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^Exercise!2^ ^Exercise!2^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^.
What a brilliant  ^surprise^.  I will keep praying that everything goes ok.  That is such a positive boost for the rest of us!  It's a miracle.  Congrats to you both .... I mean you three!

Emma I hope you are doing well.  I'll let you know how I go with ec and transfer at the end of the week.  Keep positive.  Hopefully we will get great news too.  Sands

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi girls
hope you are all well.  We got 10 eggs of which 6 were fertilised this morning.  We have to wait until Thursday until ET.  Please God they will survive.  EC was very painful because I was so out of it I didn't ask for enough pain relief.  they keep having to top it up during procedure.  All worth it though.  Thanks to everyone for all the best wishes.  Please keep praying.  You are all in mine every night.  Hugs Sands

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Sands, Gills and Emmsey

Congratulations firstly to you Gills for getting a BFP!  I hope everything goes well for you and you have a healthy pregnancy. 

Good luck to Sands and Emmsey too, you have it all ahead of you, but I hope you both have all the luck in the world.

Well, I have finished my second IVF and it failed.  It was very hard and I don't want to be too negative cos there is every chance in the world it will work for you two.  But we have decided to finish at that.  We have been through too much now.  I always thought I would try forever, but I suppose enough is enough.  It has been a long 7 years.

So, I just wanted to let you know where I was in all this.  My D/H and I are now embarking on adoption and it is also a long hard road, but we will get there in the end.  My determination for children has not ended, it is just different.

So take care all.

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Shi

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shi
So sorry ivf hasn't worked or you.  We will stop after 2 aswell so please God it will work our first time!  I think you are very wise going for adoption.  My hubbie and I foster and it has its ups and downs but is very rewarding.  I think people like us potentially make good foster adoptive parents becuse we know how precious children are.  I hope it all goes well for you pet.  Anytime you want to chat about fostering or adoption, drop me a line.
Sands

·
Registered
340 Posts
Shi I'm so sorry it didn't work for you but you have a very positive attitude so I wish you all the luck in the world with fostering and adopting. Good Luck love  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^rainbow^

Sands - How are you doing? Did e/t go ok? R u going mad on the 2WW!!!! You may or may not have read my posts on Bonfire Babes but our treatment has been postponed until the new year as I was at risk from OHSS. We got 16 eggs, 13 good enough to be used of which 11 fertilised. They are all frozen now until new year. Got an appointment with Dr Boyle on 8th December to confirm when to restart treatment. Was very disappointed at first but its not that far away. This year has flew in already!!!

Anyway take care and I hope to speak to you both soon,

LOL  ^Heart^

Emma xxx

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh Emmsy
That's hard having to wait eeven more but it is best that your body will be fully recovered and ready to take your lovely embies.  Perhaps all the best and a few weks will wizz by especially over Christmas with so much going on. I hope it all goes well for you.  i am due to test on thursday morn but have to come in to work so may wait until friday morn when i have work off.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sands

How will you be able to contain yourself until Friday!!!! Are you going mad yet?  ^idiot^ ^idiot^

I have everything crossed for you and I'll say a wee prayer for you tonight that you get a BFP on Thurs/Fri  ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Take Care  ^Heart^

Emma xxx

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hello ladies

I don't know if I should be posting here as I haven't made it to IVF yet, is that OK?  I normally post on the IUI board and am at the end of 2ww for my third IUI (think it hasn't worked - again!).  I've one more IUI left on the NHS and then plan to move onto IVF next year, privately if I have to.  I'm 35 and am worried that the waiting list for my free NHS go will be too long in coming for me.  I go to the Royal at the minute but am thinking of transferring to Origins for private treatment.  Do any of you know whether the Royal will give me copies of my notes and test results etc to take with me to Origin as they said that it'll cut out the expense of having to get a lot of the tests replicated, not to mention the time involved, or will the RVH be a bit arsey about me leaving them?  And can I still be on the waiting list for my NHS IUI while paying for treatment privately?  Sorry about all the questions but I've been wrapped up in my IUIs for so long, and was obviously hoping that they'd work and I wouldn't have to think about IVF but now that I'm facing the reality of IVF all these questions start popping into my mind.

I think its great that there are other people from Belfast on these boards.  I often look round the waiting room and wonder if any of the Fertility Friends are sitting there with me!

PS.  Sands - good luck for testing on Friday.  I tested this morning (14 days post basting) and got a BFN although AF hasn't arrived yet.  I've started spotting though so I know the witch is on the way.  Hopefully things will be much better for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.