Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Production Problems Success stories ?
My DH has a production problem and the doctor only gave us a 5% chance of ever conceiving anyone here has had or there DH has had a production problem and they have had it fixed and been able to conceive? If so how!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi,

Has your DH seen a urologist?  If I was you I would try to go private and get as many tests, scans as possible.  Infertility is so often seen as a female issue and both partners are seen by a gynaecologist.  My DH was told he was infertile and we would need icsi but further tests at another hospital revealed a varicocele.  This can sometimes have no symptoms.  DH has this treated and I'm now pregnant naurally with twins so worth investigating.

Good Luck

Jo xx

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi Jo, I have read up on Varicocele's and DH has had some of the symptoms of these in recent months but our GP is refusing to help us because now we "are having ICSI it doesn't matter what his count is" (his words not ours). Did you go private for this?? If so where did you go and was it very expensive?? (If it was NHS how did you get referred??)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi,

My DH has private health insurance through work so he did go private.  His GP was willing to refer on the NHS  but the waiting lists in our area are about a year. We were also keen after three years to move things forward quickly.  The consultant said to give it 6-12 months after the procedure to see if it impoved things.  We were going to do icsi if it hadn't worked and to be honest at the time I wasn't very positive about the whole thing given the negative views of my gynaecologist. Most GPs and consultants are negative about this but having read other success stories on this forum we were keen to give it a go. It certainly seems to have helped us.  I think the op costs approx £600 privately - a lot cheaper than icsi!.  It is day surgery so not even put under.  DH felt a bit of bruising after it but this soon went.  I think the key is to make an appointment with a urologist who deals with male issues cause there could be all sorts of little things causing blockages or causing testicles to overheat and not produce enough sperm.  We are in Scotland so my DH was seen at Carrick Glen in Ayrshire.
Hope this info helps.

Jo x

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi Jo,

that's great. Can I ask, did he go there because of his varicocele or did they discover it afterwards??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes my dh has had a biopsy all the blood work and everything and this is when my dh's urlogist said that dh has a production problem that he is not sure  where it came from or why but during the biopsy he only saw a little something and that would give us only a little hope he said it looks like something like sprem trying to start being made and that dh will have to go on meds for 6 month to try to improve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts