Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the mo we are using Soltan factor 50 cream for babies. Its pretty thick and takes ages to rub in, and needles to say a suncreaming session usually ends in tears and then with Alec looking like a mini goth as we havent got it all rubbed in.

Has anyone got any recommendations to make my life this summer easier?  :)

Helen

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fantastic, thanks Claire ... and what a cutie Sadie is!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
we buy a clear one - Cant remember the name - But tesco have it on BOGOF at the mo

xx

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The Boots baby one is a nightmare to rub in too!  Didn't like it at all!

Annette

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
bought the boots one as the adults one was voted best a couple of years ago by which I think....but agree with annette - its a pain to rub in!

G

·
i also bought the boots soltan...i did notice they had a roll on and spray for kids-turns green once applied... :eek: :eek: :eek:

hope that helps

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the Ambresolaire one today and it is much runnier than the Boots one and so a lot easier to rub in. but of course we still had a screaming session while I did it. I dont think the cure for that comes in a bottle!

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
isabel hated me putting some on today,  think it is due to being so long ago she last needed she was only a small baby!

A warning about the colour ones also turns clothing Green/blue what ever colour if you catch the edge of the clothing when rubbing in

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
We use sunscreen almost every day.

The best are the baby sprays which you might have there... Coppertone baby factor 50 is good.  Otherwise, Neutrogena have just launched a load of sprays and I've used their factor 70 on L although its for adults...  The sprays are really quick to apply and rub in easy and dont stain clothes.

If you dont have those....  Well Tesco own was very good when I was there.  The reason Soltan is recommended so high is that it has 5 stars protection (I think now!) and they were one of the first to protect so high.  I have sun-sensitive skin so for a long time that's all I could use and my derm at St Johns Institute in London recommended it highly.

Hope that's helped... or made you jealous that I can get good easy sunscreen!!!  :p

·
Registered
383 Posts
We started off last year with boots soltan and Will went round looking lke a ghost!!! Got banana boat baby one in USA and its fab!!!! Can get it here apparently.  its in a bright pink bottle!  We bought 2 back with us and put it on Will this morning and it rubs straught in and the bits you don't rub in soak in!  Even DH uses it and he is a complete sun cream phbic!!!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I've just bought nivea baby sun so will let you know how we get on with it  ;)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Chillidog - not jealous you get good sunscreen, just jealous you get to use it every day :p

I use Nivea and its been fine seems to rub in okay. 

xx

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
If anyone finds suncream wipes anywhere please let me know. They were everywhere when Henry was a baby and were absolutely brilliant for putting it on - esp faces. The following summer they were no where to be found and i'd love some.

Also, for those of you with babies with sensitive skin, use factor 25, 30 at a push - otherwise heat gets trapped beneath the skin and can cause irritation to sensitive skin (Henry used to come out in blisters and I was telling a pharmacist friend about it and she explained - we never use anything higher than 25 now and have never had a problem since)

S xxx

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I bought Nivea baby suncream today for Molly, factor 50. Rubbed in fine and protected well.

Got it in Superdrug for £10.99 and at the moment doing a BOGOF deal so well worth it!

x

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Shelley - that sounds a bit odd to me although I'm not qualified to say but titanium dioxide is the predominant ingrediant in many sunscreens and I'm not sure that it traps heat in - I thought that heat rash was the skin overheating in the heat and may be a sensitivity to UV which is what I have - mine comes up looking like smallpox (for what I have seen pictures of anyway!) and I have to take antihistamines and use steriod cream.  I couldn't get away with anything less than 50 for L and often he has a higher one than that.  I burnt through 45 at the beach last summer in 1 1/2 hrs of being out so I will be trying the new factor 80 sprays we have (factor 80  :eek:)

Also, just to clear this up and I know most of you already know this (but my DH took a long time to have this sink in!) if you use two different factor sunscreens, the highest factor one will be the highest you are wearing - i.e. you dont add them together.  So if you use an 8 and then a 15, the highest SPF is 15 - not 23.  Also if your skin is burnt, sunblock wont protect it, it will just burn on.  Keep it covered.  You'd be amazed about the family coming from the UK here thinking that its good to get burnt to bits in the first day and that it will give them a tan!  Sorry, skincare in the sun is my pet subject after all the problems I've had!!!

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
we use nivea 50+ is great stuff

·
Registered
759 Posts
If anyone is interested in today's paper it says that Boots have buy one get one free on

Nivea, L'oreal, Ambre Solaire and Soltan

but it doesn't say how long it lasts for though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts