Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Had my 3rd DI yesterday. Oops I wish that I'd remembered to have it done with a full bladder cos OUCH  :'( I begged her to take the speculum / instrument of torture out but she said she could get it done quickly, which she did (phew!)
Now on the rollercoaster of 2ww. Somehow the other 2 times I managed to just get on with things and almost forget about it, probably 'cos I knew that the 1st and 2nd time weren't very likely to work, but now it's the 3rd time I must admit I'm really hopeful and can't stop thinking about it. Can't get my head around the idea that I might be pg now and not even know until 16th. DH is looking all doe eyed and broody too, plus lots of talk about decorating and he's doing work in the garden practically everyday - proper nest building behaviour in the male of the species! Trying hard not to think about getting a -ve result. At least I have 1 more lot of DS 'at the ready.' Anyone one else testing around the same time, let me know and hopefully we can keep each other going!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi there

Im testing on the 10th July (6 dreaded days to go) and I know what you mean about the fact you may be pregnant but not knowing about it - its awful that things may/may not be going on inside and we just dont know.

I've had weird symptoms this time (didnt really have anything the first time around), such as:  stomach bloating, headaches, weeing alot, spotting on day 9 after EC, cramping 9 days after EC, really painful boobs, lower backache, totally exhausted etc etc.

Hope these are all good signs, but trying not to read much into it as could just be nothing too.

Going back to work tomorrow (oh joy) but going to take my mind off this last weeks wait, and also so that Ive still got holidays left if I need to do a 3rd IVF attempt in October time if this one fails.

Good luck

Kerri xxx

G

·
I'm testing on July 15th. Symptoms at the mo are a bit of wind and bloatedness and sore boobs every now and then. But it's the weeing 4 times in the night that is doing my head in. This is our 2nd fresh go and dr and embryologist seem very confident but I am like you, thinking that I may be pg so am treating myself as if i am. Also my skin and hair are glowing, must be the healthy diet i've adopted over the last 5 weeks, even people at work have commented, obviously not knowing what's going on, all they know is i've been off sick for the past 4 days but come back to work looking radiant!!!!! LOL!

Good luck Beemer on 10th and The Lady.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am testing on the 18th. I have only done my transfer today, so I am not looking for symptoms yet...but I strongly suspect I will be tomorrow ::)
Mine was a DE, 2 3 days embryos looking very good, so doctor and embryologists were very pleased, but since it's my last attempt I am finding it hard to be positive.
I am off sick to at the moment, but I am so worried that I doubt I'll look glowing when I come back...despite vasts amounts of fruits and veg and 3 liters of water/day!
good luck to you all.
isa

·
Registered
153 Posts
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

HI 'THE LADY',

WERE CYCLE BUDDIES!! I ALSO HAD DIUI ON SATURDAY LAST AND TESTING ALSO ON 16TH!! THIS IS MY 3RD ATEMPT AT DIUI, 1ST 2 WERE NATURAL AND THIS ONE WITH PUREGON JABS.ITS SO HARD TO BE POSITIVE.
IM ON HOLS AT THE MOMENT FOR A WEEK WHICH IS GOOD EVEN THOUGH I HAD TO TAKE FRIDAY OFF SICK TO TRAVEL OVERSEAS.
KEEP IN TOUCH AND TRY TO BE POSITIVE.... ^reiki^ ^reiki^

FILO: YOUR TESTING THE DAY BEFORE ME. GOOD LUCK  ^reiki^

BEEMER AND ISA: GOOD LUCK AND LOTS OF BABYDUST  ^fairydust^
KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ANY INFO SIGNS/SYMPTOMS ETC

LUV MISTY

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
;D ;D ;D Yay misty - we're so similar, it's a bit spooky!
I'm working on the 16th, so I'll be champing at the bit to run home and break out the Clearblue!!!
Well all the pregnant women have found out that I'm on the 2ww, so they're everywhere - on my way to work, down the shops, on T.V...... DH has even had the same problem, he was watching the Simpsons and Homer was playing on an arcade game, where he had to fertilise an egg with his sperm bombs (eww!) so he turned over to Location, Location, Location, and guess what - "this family are going to need a larger property, as they have a new addition due to arrive in 8 months..." Plus I ran a name the teddy bear competition at work, and the name that won was... you guessed it .... baby
OH FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!!!! ^furios^ ^tmi^
Anyone else notice this odd phenomenon on the 2ww? Please don't say it's just me!
isa wishing you lots of    ^fairydust^ Take it easy, hun
filo wishing you also lots of    ^fairydust^
Beemer, I have everything crossed for you, wishing you, of course, lots of  ^fairydust^

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes, Ive noticed the "babies everywhere" thing too!!! Worse thing is Im so bloated at the moment, I literally look 4 mths pregnant and everyone at work kept asking me "when its due" - and I had to say "might not be pregnant yet - find out Sunday" they looked at me as if to say "my god, if you look like that now, what will you look like when you do get pregnant!!!"

Had a few twinges today and an awful ache in my right hand side - think it may be cos Ive been sat at my desk all day and havent got up and walked around enough.

5 days to go, Im dreading it.  One girl at my work said "OOOOH bet you are so excited, bet you cant wait for Sunday to arrive and look at the test!!" I said "no Im dreading it actually".  People who have never been through it just dont have a clue do they!!  ^idiot^

Oh well, us IVF'ers just have to smile politely and get on with out lives as best as possible dont we!!

Good luck everyone, thinking of you all.

Kerri xxx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello girls,

I'm testing on the 14th and it feels like a lifetime away so i feel for you all. I too have noticed the baby/pg lady thing, it's weird. I think the wind/bloatedness, sore bits and peeing like a racehorse comes with the territory of 2ww (sorry TMI ^tmi^) , it seems to be parr for the course on this rollercoaster.

Best of luck to you all  ^reiki^  ^reiki^ and keeping fingers crossed
Bucket loads of  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ for each and everyone of you x  ^Cuddle^

Helen x

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
hi,

can i jump on here with you too.....

i am testing on the 15th and too have noticed the pregnant woman thing, have to say that i am not usually that sensitive to this as i am a midwife and pregnant women are my bread and butter so to speak but they are currently EVERYWHERE!!!! far more than usual plus my 2 best friends are pregnant too....

good luck to all,

tikki. xx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Tikki,

How's it going? Hope you're taking good care of yourself and not working too hard. Wish this 2ww would get on with it, feels like i've been waiting for ages and i'm not testing 'til 14th. It's pants! but fingers crossed for lots of BFP's

Loads of  ^reiki^ and  ^fairydust^ for us all x

Helen x

·
Registered
153 Posts
:( :( :(

Hi Ladies!

Just checking in to see how were all doing.
This 2ww is torture for me as im on a weeks hols and going out of my mind.
feeling isolated as dp is working and none of my family have been in contact since our iui on sat last.really need the support right now and seem to be fighting off the tears constantly....
Yesterday i forced myself to go and see an uplifting movie and do a little shopping.It did help a bit but all i could see were pregnant women and new born babies everywhere..............
All i bought were 2 pink dinner candles!! Now im in floods again :'( :'(
Have no real symptoms at the moment but then again im only on day 4 of 2ww, due to test on 16th, 2 days after my birthday!!!

THE LADY: how are you doing? hope all is ok. ^reiki^
FILO,ISA, how about you guys? ^reiki^ ^reiki^
TIKKI: welcome on board and good luck to you. ^reiki^
6898 HELEN: your testing on my birthday so I definitely wont forget you..all the very best to you... ^reiki^

LOTS OF LUV AND  ^fairydust^

MISTY

G

·
Hi gals

Are you counting day of ww from day after ET or including that day?
If i count including the day of ET I am 6 days into ww. Been having bouts of diarrhea and tummy upet (grumbling more like), stomach seems huge, peeing for England and horrendous night sweats. Been a bit light-headed today. Trying to be really positive but also thik it may be all the drugs i'm taking giving me symptoms, 75mg aspirin, prednisolene for nk cells and cyclogest.

It's my b-day at beginning of August Misty, hope we both get a good pressie this year!!!

Glad to see you on here tikki as we're testing on the same day. Any symptoms yet?? You must really anlayze twinges being a midwife?

Good luck everyone Filo xx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Girls,

Well i did write a huge note to you all earlier but just as i finished, the server bombed out - bugger  ^tantrum^ bugger  ^tantrum^ bugger. Sorry but doesn't take much to set me off lately and i'd spent ages getting everyones up to date info so could send more personal notes then it bloody vanished.

I truly hope you are all keeping yourselves sane, not sure it's possible but we can but try. I've lost it now  ^idiot^ i caught myself chatting to my horse like he was going to answer me today - i always talk to him but don't usually wait for him to answer.  ^idiot^

Big  ^hugme^ and bucket loads of  ^fairydust^ for you all x

Helen x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi again all!
Thanks for adding me to the list, LizzyB - my name in lights, well kind of!
Misty - so sorry that you're feeling down, hun. I find it easier to shop online in the 2ww, otherwise it can really get you. To be honest I usually try to avoid supermarket shopping completely, as I can get quite upset! ^eyes^
Last night I was sitting down and suddenly went really faint and kinda sweaty - then 1 minute later I was fine. Of course I started going a bit :eek: and reading all sorts of things into it, from definitely pg to definitely not pg, then I remembered all the other 'symptoms' I've had on my other 2ww - and decided not to read anything into it at all. Still hopeful though. One thing I have found helpful is to plan an event after 2ww that you can only do if you're NOT pg, e.g. going to the pub. Last time me and DH went to a concert when I got -ve result. It doesn't stop the pain, but it helped me be a bit more positive. I'm just rambling now, so I'll check in with you all later... ^idiot^

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All

I am due for testing on 11th which happens to be my wedding anniversary ( 7 years). This is my first attempt of IVF and the wait is killing me, I keep wanting to do a test myself but am resisting temptation. My symptoms are convincing me that I am due to start a period so feel a bit negative at the moment.
I wish all of you the best of luck with your tests and hope we all have a good outcome.

Pen xxx

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm trailing along with a test on the 18th, same as you isa.
Lets make it a good positive month girlies.

I couldn't resist the temptation on my first cycle and tested every day after possible implantation i.e. 5 days after e/t - bit silly really as I only tortured myself and the result ended up being negative anyway.  This time I think I'll just wait until the night before or the morning of the official testing day!

Fingers crossed. ^fairydust^      ^fairydust^      ^fairydust^

xxxx

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
hi girls,

i also wrote a great long post yesterday but lost it in the sending process which was really irritating.....

how are you all feeling? i am feeling fine and quite normal and in a way this is concerning me greatly.... i have large, sore boobs but can live with that and still have a bit of a bigger tum than usual but other than that all feels normal....
what are the rest of you feeling like at this stage?

do not think there will be any early testing for me... if i make it through to next friday wothout a period i think i will be too scared to test.....

can you believe at least 33 people dead due to the bombings in london, it is so awful...

tikki. xx

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi Tikki, I know its shocking what's happened in London, it will probably be more than 33 when they've issued the figures from the bus blast.

I wrote a long post some time back and lost it, but this was the first and last time.
Quick tip from my mistake - if I write a substantial post I always highlight all the text then Ctrl C so it copies to your "clipboard", just in case you lose the link.
If you do, just start another post then Ctrl V to paste it all back in the post.
Sorry if you already know this and I'm teaching to suck eggs (ironic), but I know how frustrating it can be. :mad:

Mwah mwah.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi girls,

Hope you're all hanging in there and keeping positive x
What on earth is going on in this world of ours, what a waste of innocent life.

OJ- you've made me  ^roflmao^ the eggs thing just sent me rolling 'round the floor...i'm losing the plot but i knew that already

Tikki-i'm so reassured after reading your post, i've been feeling fairly normal too...sore bits and larger bits....all very similar

Pen- nearly there so hold on...you don't want to get an incorrect result...fingers crossed for you

The lady- i've done the shopping on line thing too....i can't handle all the pg ladies....and i get all un necessary and emotional passing newborn stuff...just torture

Is anyone else getting bad headaches???? Just can't seem to shift it and don't want to pop pills....been using a herbal neck rub which usually works a treat but not today... ^twitch^

Well i really hope you are all well

Helen x

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.