Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mandy,

I am 37 now and we have similar problems it seems. I have a small fibroid and after having a miscarriage in 2005 and then having unexplained for 4 years, my first IVF worked and I now have a son.

From my experience most women who are on these sites tend to have had failed numerous IVF attempts.  When it works the first time time, you don't really need to come on here, as you already have the answers and if like me, we want another I already know what to expect from IVF, so wouldn't need to post on this site.

I had my IVF at the Oxford Fertility clinic and an old work colleague had a girl there after her first attempt to.

So please don't be put off, as it does work for a lot of people first time.

Good luck.

x

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I got pregnant on my first IVF cycle it seemed very uncomplicated, we had ICSI for low sperm counts , I later miscarried and still 8 further cycles later still I've not had a BFP- wishing you luck with your cycle

L x

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Hi

I got a BFP on my 1st IVF, but it ended sadly. I got another BFP on my next cycle too and have twins now.

Wishing you loads of luck.

xxxx

p.s. My first IVF was with Chiltern Hospital and my second IVF was with Oxford Fertility Centre who are absolutely fab.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi, we had icsi treatment and were lucky to have a positive on our 1st attempt but sadly ended after a mc.  I think people who have been lucky to have children naturally or with their 1st attemt come on the site as its such a wonderful site and it gives you so much support and you can get lots of answers from people on there x

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Mandy,
I had heard the same as you about the first go being like a 'trial run', so was amazed when it worked first time. It can happen!
We had our treatment at The Agora in Sussex, and they were fantastic.
Good luck with your treatment.  :)

ML x

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Mandy,

Another lucky 1st timer here! Had icsi due to male factor in oct/nov at St Mary's in M/c. Must admit I expected the 1st time to fail but I found it easier to expect the worst!! :) Roll on 3rd August... ;D

Fingers crossed that theirs no trial run for you  ;D

H xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts