Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 604 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,
I'm wondering if there's anyone from Preston ?!
Hope to hear from you fellow Prestonion's soon :)
Rachel xxxxxx ^sunny^

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Baby,
Was almost giving up hope that there was anyone else from Preston lol ;D
Where are you in your treatment etc? Are you new to the site? I joined back in 2009 when first got diagnosed, but only recently in the last week or so been back on properly.

Hope to speak to you soon. :)

Rachel x x

·
Registered
889 Posts
and im another one -  ^hello^

Weathers been rubbish since the weekend!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Sam,
The weather has been horrible hasn't it !! I'm hoping the rain holds off as i've gotta nip into town this afternoon.

Where abouts are you, i'm in Broadgate  :) 
Were you under Mr. Abdo at RPH?

x x

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hiya
bit strange - im with Care originally at the Satellite centre in bolton - Mr Harris , then on to Manchester Care.  Seen mr harris at leigh under the nhs and had the IVF scans there, saved me trailing to Mancester.
Hi babypigmy how are you?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hi

Also from Preston - Fulwood specifically - was at Care - fantastic.

Hi again SamJ - hope things ok for you

xx

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Rachel,

We have been ttc for almost 10yrs and was diagnosed in Jan 2005, we started ivf late 2007 and had one cycle which we got quite a few eggs from so we had embryo replacement 3 times each one failed  :(

We decided to have our last replacement  Jan 2009 and not carry on even though we had two more cycles to go at because I got very ill from the first cycle and ended up with OHSS, which was very scary.

We are now applying for adoption and have our first interview very soon, which is really exciting but we are both very nervous.

I am still under Mr abdo but at Chorley Hospital and probably will be for a while.

Babypigmy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi all,
I'm from Preston too, well Chorley (moved there when I got married in 09) Me and my husband have been trying to conceive since our wedding which is 2 years ago this month. We decided to go for tests in Jan 10 just to see if there was any reason why we havnt got caught quickly. Was amazed to be refered to the fertility clinic in a matter of weeks and then to Manchester by June. We had our first IVF in Nov 10 which resulted in a negative. Don't think over Xmas was the best idea. Anyway have 10 frozen embryos and due to start again in May!
Nice to hear of a few local people! Would love to hear everyones stories.
Claire x

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hia Claire,
I grew up in Chorley :) But moved to Preston when me and my fella moved in together a couple of years ago.
So sorry to hear you got a negative ^hugme^ but from what i've learnt of the ladies off this site, what doesn't break us makes us stronger and I have my fingers and toes crossed for your next try ^reiki^
Have you got explained infertility?
My story is that me and my boyfriend (soon to be fiance according to friends) have been "actively" trying to conceive for 3/4 years, went for a lap & dye in Sept '09 and found that both tubes were blocked and scarred, I did get referred for IVF but was/am too young. Went for a 2nd lap & dye Feb '11, pretty much same diagnosis except that the dye did go through my tubes except it "trickled" through apparently and I had some adhesions removed from my ovary, less that 5/10% chance of me naturally conceiving, next gynae appointment is in July, so hoping he'll tell me more and hopefully be able to have IVF before I turn 23 next year.

Which gynae were you under, I was originally under Mr Prasher at RPH but i'm under Mr Abdo now.

Happy 2 year anniversary for this month ^hugme^

x x x

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Rach,
Well I hope your friends are to be believed and that your partner is soon to be husband, sounds like you are due some good news. Wow going through all that before you turn 23 is hard, although if your anything like me your prob sick of everyone saying "well your still young" and "you have time on your side". I was just 23 when we went for IVF and although I know people say these things to be helpful it just irritates me.
My husband had an operation when he was about 3 which has effected his sperm shape, although his count is fine. I had a lap in 2008 which showed endometreosis ( had this for nothing fertility related but obviously now affects us trying) also they mentioned PSO but didnt seem to concerned. They say we have a chance of conceiving naturally however in 2 years we havnt even come close.
How are you coping with all the waiting and trying. I was really struggling whilst in treatment however feel quite chilled now. Sure it will all start again in May. We go on holiday to Cuba in a little over a week and I'm still secretly hoping that the break may be what we need for our miracle.
Is there nothing that you can do or try to help your tubes? It seems quite harsh that you have to wait due to your age!

Keeping my fingers n toes crossed for you too! X

·
Registered
889 Posts
hi Ladies

nice to see lots of interest in the thread - we will soon be on page 3!

Libeth - hows you doing, went over to Beeney's house on Monday - do you live near her.

hiya babypigmy good luck with your appointment - heard mr abdo is good but i thought he was at chorley or does he flit about.

clairedugdale09 which is your clinic in manchester, care or St Marys? Hope you have a great holiday.....

Rach89 - weve been trying 4and bit years -it was unexplained for us - well until we got the immunes done, just hope its the answer to everything thats gone wrong for us.

Have a nice Easter

s

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hia Ladies,

Baby - So sorry to hear that treatment didn't work for you, but all the luck for the adoption interview & process, they'll be a very lucky lil man or lady waiting for you hopefully  ^hugme^
How have you found Mr. Abdo? I've only met him once and that was about 10mins before me having my lap & dye in feb  ^idiot^

Claire - Hopefully my friends are right, but if they're not I won't be hugely disappointed as I love my partner and he loves me and we've been through alot together through our almost 5 years of being together and we're happy as we are for now  :)  the time will come when it's ready. It sounds like i'm exactly like you from that point of view, I HATE it when people say "you're still young" etc, really winds me up !! It doesn't make it any easier when you're younger to handle. I first found out when I was 18/19 that I couldn't conceive naturally. I know people are trying to make me feel better about it by saying them things, but wish people wouldn't !! We only told a few close friends and family members about it, but suddenly everyone we know now knows. So that doesn't help either I think. My partner's tests came back "normal" apart from a few motility problems but nothing to worry about apparently.
Have the doctor's tried anything with you, like Chlomid or anything like that?
At first I must admit I didn't cope well with it all, just felt like i'd "failed" if that makes any sense at all? Now though i'm coping alot better with it all, and I think that might be because i'm back seeing the doctors again, so something is "getting done", although probably after July i'll be back to waiting until october next year when I turn 23.
I hope you have a fab time in Cuba and fingers and toes crossed for you and your husband for your little miracle while you're out there and away from " everyday stress' ".

Sam - sorry to sound "stupid" but what does it mean that you had your immune's done? (sorry if it's a stupid question).

Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather we've been having x x x

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi

I'm from Eccleston near chorley... and friend of SamJ. ;D

Old bird at 44, had failed TX's may try again....think need DE now. at care Notts...

Hello to everyone..
H x

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Ladies

I am from Preston too and new to this site!!

We have been having tests done at RPH which started about 18 months ago seeing Dr Abdo (Bloods/HYCOSY/DH - sample etc).  I took Clomid last summer for 4 months but unfortunately nothing happened!!

We have now (finally) been referred to St Mary's in Manchester where we have had the first tests completed (both had bloods taken and I had internal scan and DH had sample taken).  Got letter through with an appointment date for 19th May - not sure if this is going to be just test results back or the discussion on what treatment we can have (think we will be able to have at least 1 nhs funded go)!!

Lisa x

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Lisa,

You've got a good doctor there  :)  He did my last lap & dye and I thought he was fab !! Back in July to see him again.

How long did it take from you getting referred to get an appointment? Me & my DP will be going to St Mary's, how did you find the first appointment there? Got my fingers & toes crossed for the 19th May for you, hopefully be some good news and you can get started with the treatment !!  ^pray^

How many cycle's have you been told you can have? I thought at St Mary's you got 3 on the nhs, or am I just being too hopeful?!

Hi H - sorry to sound stupid but was does DE mean?

Hope everyone is doing ok...and thinking positive  ^reiki^

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Rach

Yeah - we thought Dr Abdo was really good too - you hear about these doctors who are abrupt and cold - really glad we had him.  We also have friends who saw him and luckily they got pregnant by using the clomid.

We had our last appointment at RPH at the end of Dec (just before the xmas holidays) and were told there that we had gone through all the tests and had tried clomid so there wasn't anything more they could do except refer us.  We have unexplained fertility!!

We then got a questionnaire to fill in from St Mary's asking if we smoked and how much we both drank along with weight and height stuff.  Got that sent off and then we got a letter saying we were registered with them and we had to go for tests there when it was my first day of my cycle.  Unfortunately the letter came when i was on my 3rd day. 

So we waited until the next cycle which was March and we went to St Marys and had the tests done.  We both had to have blood taken (about 5 vials for me) and then DH had to provide a sample and I had an internal scan.  We didn't see any doctors or have anything discussed but the nurses were really nice and when I was having the scan done they were counting my follicles and i have 7 on one side and 16 on the other so 23 altogether which i have read up on and seems to be in a good category!!!

They said that we would get the results back in about 4 weeks so it was more waiting but now we have received the letter for the appointment on the 19th May. I am hoping that we will go through our results and fingers crossed what our next steps are. 

What kind of treatment have you had at RPH?  I haven't had a lap only a HYCOSY (dye through tubes). Have you tried Clomid or not?

We haven't been told specifically how many goes we will get - guess they will tell us at the next appointment. I have seen in the past if you are in central lancs you get one go but maybe it depends where you get the treatment rather than where you live.

Lisa xx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Lisa,

It sounds like you're moving along at a good pace, which is good  :)

Did your DH have to do his sample at St Mary's? I'm only asking so I know what to expect for my DP. Did you get a choice of whether you go to St Mary's or somewhere else? I heard that some people got a choice. When they referred me I didn't get a choice though.

I've had two laps now and lots of blood tests etc then that's pretty much the only "treatment" i've had. I've never tried Clomid, was told that has something to do with ovulation? Or have I got that wrong  ???

We have "explained" fertility..both tubes are blocked and scarred (although on my last lap & dye the doctor said the dye trickled through the tubes) so somehow, without any treatment, they've opened slightly. But still a less than 5% chance I can naturally conceive.

You'll have to let me know what St Mary's say regarding how many cycle's. I hope it's more than one !!

Rachel x x

·
Registered
710 Posts
HI ladies.

DE means donor egg.. as I am now 44, quality of my own eggs will not be as good as if I was in my 20's.

H X

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Rachel

yeah - at last we seem to be getting somewhere so i am really pleased.  I hated the waiting between appointments at RPH but i guess it has to be done!!

DH had to do his sample again at St Mary's when I went in for my initial scan. He also had to give blood too.

We had an option of going to St Mary's or to Liverpool.  I work in Bury so St Mary's is closer but I also do work at LWH but when I asked which hospital it was in Liverpool they said they thought it was the Royal rather than LWH so thats why we decided on St Mary's.

We were perscribed clomid for 4 months as we have "unexplained" fertility so last year the doctor gave us the option of going straight for ivf referral or trying the clomid to see if that would stimulate my ovaries.  We decided to give the clomid a try as DH friends used this and got pregnant but unfortunately it wasn't for us and I ended up getting a stomach bug on the 2nd month of taking it and feeling ill the rest of the cycles!!

Sorry to hear that you have less than 5% chance of conceiving naturally but look at us - we have been trying for 3 years and nothing has happend to us either.

Will let you know what happens at St Mary's and i will definitely be asking about how many goes we get.

Sending you love and hugs  ^hugme^

Lisa xx

1 - 20 of 604 Posts