Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies, I am new to this site but thought I would give it a whirl to speak to people in the same boat!
I was placed on the waiting list 01 July 10 and have an appt at the pre conceptual care clinic this week and an appt in January with Mr Mustafa(top of the waiting list appt).
Had bloods done this morning and DH is in tomoro. Had all these tests done previously but need to do them again as they were done 12 mths ago now!!
I am getting really stressed and nervous, although excited at the same time!!
Anybody else starting their treatment at JCUH??

^pray^

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hiya Mandie, I have just replied to ur pm but I had bloods done at my GP's ready to send results for our appt on Thurs.

I have been thru this whole appts process before when we were going to pay private for treatment, then found out nhs funding had come in so no i havent been weighed yet, all that will happen this thurs at our nurses consultation. I know we fit the criteria tho because as i said we have had all these tests and appts before, just knowing we're at top of the list is scary!!

I am sure your letter will arrive soon =)

xxx ^hugme^

·
Registered
254 Posts
Morning MrsKS
Me and my dh got put on the list 4th July and are expecting to hear in Jan  ^pray^  really pleased to hear things are moving forward for you what a nice xmas present  :)  I can only imagine how your feeling I hope im feeling it soon to I know every morning I get butterflies when the postman comes  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ so god help me when its actually there, keep us upto date with how things go and keep positive  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Take Care ^hugme^
Lea0206 xx

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Mandie,
Bloods were just to check FSH, have to be done within first 4 days of period. Then apparently this thurs both myself and DH will have more bloods done to check HIV and Hep B and C.
^hugme^ xxx

Hey Leanne0206,
I was exactly the same waiting for our letter, i literally fell thru the door every day after work to see what the postman had brought!
Had another appt today to to check DH's lil' swimmers! We've had this done before and all was perfect and normal so guess its just routine! Spoke to the embryologist who was really nice and helpful, said results will be bk in time for out appt 18th Jan.
^hugme^ Your letter will arrive soon enough =) xxx

So now i am counting the hours down to our nurses consultation on Thursday! xxx

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi Mrs KS
Seems so strange having not been on here for a while and then mandie told me you had received your letter so after replying to your post I was feeling really positive and guess what my letter came this morning too  ;D ;D  I dont have to go see the nurses yet its just an app with Mr Mufasa on the 5th Jan as we are having 3 attemps of IUI before IVF so dont need all the tests before hand but so glad it actually feels like things are moving forward.
Let us know how your app with nurses go
^hugme^  Lea0206

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ooooh Leanne 0206 thats fab news! made up for u!!
Least u will have a big smile on ur face over xmas! ;D xxx

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Hope you dont mind me joining in on this thread. Myself and my DH have got our letter through today with an appointment on 29th December to see Dr Mohamed, we have the formsin to sign and take them back have you got these? I am really anxious but also very excited. Last time we went was August and we were told we would be having ICSI. Not sure if we will need tests ::)

Hopefully we will all be able to support each other  :)

Lisa x x x

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mandie I am sure Mr Postman will be bringing your letter very soon  :)
Keep thinking positive and I will keep u informed of what happens on thurs so so u know what to expect xxx

Hi LisaB13, yes ive got all the forms, I got them around same time as i got my top of waiting list letter....we have a nurses consulation before our appt with the consultant...everybody is different tho so ppl's treatment process is bound to differ isnt it.

I am really excited too but very nervous at the same time, i keep finding myself day dreaming and thinking what if...??!!

xxx

·
Registered
494 Posts
Mrs KS,

Yeah I often find myself dreaming and thinking what if.......my sister in law went through IVF this time last year and she had twins in July who are both perfect so that gives me hope ^pray^ we just have to stay positive.....although sometimes this can be hard.

Lisa x

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Mandie...nurses consultation went well, lots of info to take in. Just done BMI, smokin, alcohol info etc, answered any questions we had and told us what happens next.
She booked me in for a scan this morning, apparently i have a 2cm hemorrhagic cyst on right ovary, but nurse said as its under 5cm its fine and shouldnt pose any probs.
So our appt in Jan with Mr Mustafa is to give us our treatment plan and book us in for when i start my period in Feb with egg collection and embryo xfer scheduled for 8 wks later!

Its all very scary and has been an emotional week! especially this morning when i seen on my notes about the cyst (sonographer doesnt discuss anything with you, just gives you ur notes to take to the secretary!) but then the nurses put my mind at rest!

So time to chill over Xmas and get ready for a busy new yr!

Hope ur letter arrives soon  ^pray^

xxx

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi there just read your post glad it went well today u can relax now and have a great Christmas  :)  got all my fingers and toes crossed for u  x

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi Mrs KS, glad your appointment went well for you, hope you have a lovely Christmas and you have a lot to look forward to in 2011!! X

·
Registered
254 Posts
Try not 2 worry too much it will b on its way they r sent out in batches we all got put on the same month so will all b together i got a letter today that was sent last Wed so maybe postie issues 2 try 2 just enjoy xmas and new year as next year will have loads going on x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.