Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Finding it very slow to find egg donor so clinic has frozen eggs from suitable donor and we want to do pgs to give us a good chance . However not sure about using frozen eggs ? Any experiences please?

·
Banned
7 Posts
Hi
I can't help you with it because I used pgs with my own eggs, I can only express my opinion. Are you sure you need to do pgs with donor eggs? Moreover with frozen ones... I mean donors are healthy women, plus pgs may anyway harm your embryos. I don't think it makes sense. Of course, it's up to you, I wish you good luck!!
M xx

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi, we have done PGS with our frozen embryos, they all survived and didnt have any issues with it. But cant help on donor eggs/embryos as havent done that.
So if u re having a doubt of whether the frozen ones will survive PGS testing, then yes they do!!

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Just my two cents worth, even using donor eggs doesn’t guarantee you healthy eggs, the girls are human after all and will still produce problematic eggs just the same as you would at their ages, so yes doing pgs isn’t a waste of money I don’t think, on the other hand I’m not a fan of frozen eggs, they generally don’t seem to work as well as fresh eggs mainly because it’s only one cell your freezing so it’s easier for it not to freeze and thaw well, whereas an embryo is made up with a lot more cells so if one or two are damaged during the thawing process it isn’t to much of a problem because the other cells are there. There is no guarantee how those eggs will defrost then fertilise, is there no way to go back to fresh eggs at all ?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
And now I’ve just realised this thread is old lol  ::)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts