Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd throw this one open as would like as much info. as possible as just don't know what to expect as going to start IVF for the first time at BCRM either later this month or January '11.

Anyone in this area been through it and any tips/help/advice/positive stories? ???  Thanks  :)

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts

Welcome to FF, Canonlygetbetter!!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment!

I have a positive story, after 5 failed IUI's my first IVF worked! I had 4 follies and only 2 eggs, only one fertilised and was transferred back and my daughter is proof that it only takes one!

There are a few links that I can give you that you might find useful

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE This will help you navigate the site.

For A rough guide to IVF -CLICK HERE

IVF General chat - CLICK HERE

We have a Bristol/Glos section - CLICK HERE, I am sure you could find some people in your area that have some experience with your clinic that could give you some advice.

You could also find some cycle buddies, people undergoing treatment at the same time as you - CLICK HERE

We also have a section for people trying to conceive over 40 CLICK HERE The second thread on that board is full of success stories.

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck with your treatment - I hope the pee stick gives you wonderful news soon!! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sue, I've only been on this site for one week and already find it such a help!

Your story is great and just goes to show!...

Still finding my way around the site but such a help when you don't have friends/family in the same position!

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts