Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they give you a sick note for work after EC / ET?  I'm trying to plan whether I'll need to book annual leave for my 1st IVF cycle.

Also - my final IUI has failed - AF arrived today @ 8DPO  :(
Going into clinic tomorrow for a baseline and to chat about IVF, pick up drugs etc.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hi,
Sorry about your IUI result, it's never easy.
At our clinic, whilst they advise you to rest/ no lifting/ no stretching etc after ET, they cannot actually give you a sick note as there's no official medical advice to say it's necessary stay off work.
However, you can self-certify for the first 7 days & most GP's are very sympathetic to women undergoing fertility treatment so will provide sick notes for the remainder of the 2WW. Our GP was fantastic & told us not to under-estimate what women put their bodies through (physically & emotionally) when having treatment.
Good luck x

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hello ectaylos,

Sorry things didn't work out this time. I am at BCRM too and asked the same question. They said to self certificate for the EC/ET week and then to see own GP if more time off wanted for recovery/2ww. There is a thread for other burton ladies (some have moved clinics but still post)if you want to come and join us there too.

Hope all goes well at your consultation,
                                                      Ally

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both!! 

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm due to start SP at BCRM in 3 weeks and I just wondered whether anyone has done SP there too!

Sarah xx

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi Sarah,

Not doing SP but am just about to start my first LP IVF at BCRM. First downregging jab tonight and then menopur from 26th Nov. What date are you starting?

Sarah

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi Sarah,
I did both, one straight after the other though. Still don't think that was a good idea and they should have left my ovaries to wake up and recover first. I think that's why I didn't respond that well the second time either, but one follicle was much better than the first when not much happened at all. Hope this works better for you, it's much better as it's all over in about 3 weeks where as on LP it was about 8-9 weeks.
                                Ally

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sarah - I start in about 10 - 14 days depending on when AF arrives.

Ally - thanks hun!  I'm so nervous as I don't know what to expect ....

Sarah xx

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sarah- if you did LP the first time you will think this is easy, all done in 2 weeks. The bit that was worse was dreading each scan as the first LP was such poor response. A bit better for me 2nd time despite being told at first scan to steel myself for the worst, very supportive and encouraging I thought. :'(. Still I did get one embie for tranfer, so just try not to listen to any negative comments and wait until that final scan before worrying about the outcome. Sure all will go well this time for you,best of luck

Ally

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks hun!  I should have read this one before i replied to you on the BCRM thread LOL!

·
Registered
286 Posts
:) i din't get a sick note but thankfully i have a very sympathetic boss so he said have what time i needed
good luck

·
Registered
286 Posts
hi all

have been reading the threads for the burton area but they are all at least a year old. just wondered if anyone out there is using BCRM i am starting my second cycle and although my friends are really understanding and supportive they either have kids and don't understand how hard this is are not maternal.

really hoping there is someone out there in the local area that is feeling as isolated as i am at the mo

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just wanted to say that you are not alone.

All of my friends had children when I was TTC.  I got married in 2006 and simply got fed up with people saying - are you trying yet? (little did they know)....

This thread tends to be a very quiet but this site overall is wonderful support and you can join a cycle thread when you start down regging.

Mrs WB xx

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi Jules

I'm glad I've found someone else out there who is also at the BCRM  :)

I'm 24 and just about to start my first IVF cycle, I'm so scared and nervous about what I have to go through but also excited at the thought that I might finally get pregnant!!

Sam

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi all,

I'm 24 and just about to embark on my first cycle of IVF.

I've been with my husband almost eight years and we have been married 2 and 1/2 years, we started trying in the run up to the wedding without any success.

After sperm tests we found out that my husband has Azoospermia (no sperm production) so we need to use donor sperm and we decided to try IVF.

It's still all sinking in and we are both nervous and apprehensive about the whole idea.

Does anyone know of any support groups in Burton?

Does anyone have any advice for me please?

Thanks
Sammy x

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Sammy

I live in Stafford but i'm not going to Burton Hospital so unfortunately don't know any of the support groups.  I am however, going through IVF for the first time and i'm extremely nervous about everything.

Don't worry, it's actually not as bad as you first think.  The injections are a pain but not uncomfortable.  The worst bit is the egg collection but you are sedated and don't feel a thing.  My husband was there when I had the operation so that was good.  The embryo transfer is just like having a smear and then the waiting begins which is the worst bit in my opinion.

That's what i'm doing at the moment . . . waiting!!  It's driving me crazy but i'm hoping and praying for a good result.

Just relax and go with the flow and you'll be fine x

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Sammy
We had two ICSI at Burton resulted in twins. My DH has non obstructive azoosapermia and he had a biopsy which produced 2 ampoules of sperm.
Burton staffare lovely and caring,
good luck to you
x

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,
I'm new to the website, but while browsing I've heard mention of a thread/board for BCRM, but I can't find it.  If someone could give me a link to it, or directions, I'd love to come check it out.
Thanks,
Tam

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Tam, is that Burton (BCRM) you are looking for? 

1 - 20 of 24 Posts