Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To anyone.

I have just been told that my partner and I share simular DQ Alpa  :'(.  I'm not too clued up with immune problems but I do realise that this is most problem why with have had so many failed treatment.  we have been told that if we do manage to get any healthy embryos we will have to have IVIg.  Has anyone else had this problem or is it just us?

Feeling very stressed and upset, I'm just so fed up with the whole infertility nightmare.

Many Thanks
Ipec

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hello IPEC

Sorry to hear about your fertility problems.

Having similar DQ Alpha nos seems to be one of the contraversial areas for immune / fertility treatments. I too have similar DQ Alpha numbers to my DH and this seems to be contributing to my immune probs causing infertiliy and MC.
I am now under the Alan Beer Centre who are recommending a treatment called LIT because I have negative blocking antibodies (it is thought that you need to be able to develop blocking antibodies to help protect the fetus and help the placenta to grow, if your DH and your DQ Alpha nos are similar then you are more likely to find it difficult to develop these). LIT is bascially an injection containing your partners and/ or another donors white blood cells. Some docs use IVIg for negative blocking antibodies and similar DQ Alpha nos instead but there seem to be differences in medical opinion as to which treatment is more effective, and any other immune problems will also need to be taken into account in setting your protocol.

Dr Beers bk "Is Your Body Baby Friendly?" explains the shared antigens thing  quite well. There is also a LIT thread on this forum which should give you some more info.

Best wishes

BX

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi beattie

Many thanks for replying so soon, its nice to hear from someone who understands my problem as I have no knowledge about this issue. 

It was through telephone conversations with Dr Sher at SIRM that I have become aware of this problem. Dr Sher is recommending IVIg.

I now plan to read up as much as I can regarding this issue before I commit myself to traveling abroad for tx.

Many Thanks again for your help its made me feel a lot less isolated.

Ipec x

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Hi Ipec

I am also in the same boat as you.  My DH and I share 3 DQ Alpha numbers.  ! Number is different.  I have used IVIG in 3 cycles but all BFN.  Also had some IVIG during a surprise natural BFP ... that sadly ended in m/c.

I read some of your old posts and saw that you have considered IVF abroad.  I did this for my 4th go ... in Istanbul - where I also had LIT treatment.  It was a BFN - but I must say, they could not get me IVIG.  I had to get this myself.  Also they only wanted to give me tiny dosses.

I also produce lots of eggs and sperm is ok too but cannot seem to get implantation.

IM me if you need any further info.

Tweets x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts