Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I book our holiday in Tenerife after having FET thinking i would only be ecpecting one baby and i know with one you can fly up till 28 weeks ..
I just called Thomas cook to see if its ok to fly expecting Twins at 25 weeks they said its ok might check with my midwife tho any idea's ladys? ???

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just to let you know, I flew at 23 weeks and everything was fine. I drank lots of water on the flight, took baby aspririn for 3 days before and wore support (dvt) stockings - not very attractive! It was a flight back from St Lucia so about 7 hours. Have a great last holiday before they are born! xxx

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i called thomas cook and they said fine up till 28 weeks spoke to midwife as long as everything is fine i'll be ok to go  ^pray^

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Do check the insurance though, I flew at 17 weeks to America and my insurance wouldn't have covered me if I hadn't been back in the UK by 25 weeks.

bingbong x

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
veng said:
i called thomas cook and they said fine up till 28 weeks spoke to midwife as long as everything is fine i'll be ok to go ^pray^
I meant check to see they would cover you if you had to cancel. You will probably be fine but these twin pregnancies can sometimes be unpredictable!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hi, I checked with my dr as i was on aspirin daily for blood clotting issues. He advised against it as i am more prone to DVT's due to this condition. Did not even know i had till i found out i could not get pregnant.

good luck and enjoy your holiday.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hey Veng,

I just got back from a long-haul trip to San Fran from London and I was 25wks +3 days when I got back Thursday.  Then this morning I left for Lisbon and will be back to London at 25wks+6days.  No problems on this end except that the jet lag was worse than I'm used to - however, I did catch a cold when I arrived in the US which def. made things worse.

As the others said, check your insurance.  Mine would have covered me until the airline max which was 32 for twins on United.  (THough I'd take a note after 28 as it may also be up to the person checking you in.)

Have a good vacation.

Calgary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts