Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies,

I had my ET yesterday, and had a terribly upset tummy so spent most of the night on the loo :( and to make it worse I had nausea through most of the night and was sick this morning. I feel really insecure about what damage I may have done to the embryos...has anyone else been through this and still been ok?
Fx

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi
although not quite the same I had the vomiting bug the week of ET and was very ill and after ET I got a terrible chest infection and cold so have been ill on either side.  Its not easy but try not to worry, our bodies are built to protect the embryos that are inside them.  But you must look after yourself, make sure you are drinking enough and that you do not come into contact with anyone who has a bug while your immune is down.

take care, hope you feel better soon and rest up
Mrs B

·
Registered
540 Posts
Fak
Try not to worry- the embryologist told me to imagine a peanut butter sandwich with a pea in it- that's what the uterus is like. Strange analogy but easy to see why they don't fall out ;D

Good luck, take it easy and drink plenty of fluids

Loobieloobs xxx

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you ladies, I feel a lot better this evening and I'm keeping the fluids up so hopefully I should be on the mend. Your words are really reassuring.. Thankyou

Fx

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Fak

No personal experience but a friend who I cycled with (and doesn't post on the forum) had a terrible sickness and diahorrea bug after transfer and was frightened that she'd done some damage .. she was ill for a week and didn't eat much etc ...

I'm happy to say all is well as she is now mummy to a little girl. Take to your bed and rest up ... hopefully you'll have the stomach to eat some dry toast/crackers in a few days.

Take care
M xx

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you M,

I am a lot better now  and feeling a lot more positive also,

Fx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts