Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi  i usually post on the NOA thread, but having just had the results of DP chromosome karotyping feel the need to raise a seperate post.

Dp is 33 and on monday evening we were told he has XX sex chromosomes not the XY that most men have,  This is the absolute cause for his Azoospermia.  Urologist is going to refer us to the genetist to chat through exactly what it means.

Ive searched the web for info and it seems very limited,  from what i gather it is just a sporadic thing that happens during embryo development, causing testicles not to develop, not necessarily passed down from parents and not anything that will necessarily cause him any problems in life apart from infertility.  His testosterone is on the low side of the normal range and apart from small volume testicles he has no other problems.  libido and ability to get and maintain an erection are normal.

He is more embarassed about this then he was about telling family he had no sperm, says from what he has read he's basically a woman in a blokes body,  stuff ive read says that sufferers with male genitalia but with XX chromosome are most definately male.

Is there anyone that is or has a partner/husband diagnosed with the same syndrome.  he doesn't want to tell anyone but I really think he needs someone to chat to.  Ive tried looking for associations of support groups but havent really found anything.

thanks

becky x

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Still no joy hun,

Sorry to hear that, thought you would of found something on WWW  ^idiot^ .

Has the Doctor given you any advice or what about the Library.

If your DH wants to chat sometime i would be willing to chat with him although i have no knowledge on the condition, if he just wants to get it off his chest and talk to somebody about how he is feeling.

Let me know, we can sit and have a private chat in the chat rooms.

I will do some more digging for you, see if i can find out anything.

Regards Cheese xx 

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Becky :)

My boyfriend has a chromosone disorder  xx male sry translocation (i think thats how it goes), it has no specific name so we found it very hard trying to find any info on it,its basically xx and there is a tiny bit of y on tip of an x, that is what gives him male features etc.

He actually found out 2 years ago when he was single as he was very ill for a long time, no energy really low etc, dr's diagnosed depression but he knew it was more then that and randomly asked for a sperm test , so he then found out he was completly infertile and had this rare chromosone disorder.

I told him about your post and asked if he ever felt like that, 'women in a mans body' well his answer was that, when he found out he was so relieved that they had actually worked out a reason for his ill health and was happy that now the right medication could make him feel better again ,he has testoserone gel everyday, as he has no male hormone.

Also he admited that since being with me :p, he has had no need to think like that, i love him and he knows that, he is a man, no one else would know about it, but his family know and my family know that he has a disorder but i dont go into cuz to be honest sometimes it does freek me out a little when i think about it to much.

It will get easier, if he is offered councilling he should try it, but all you can do is be there for him which you r obviously are and very caring partner to him.

Hope that helps a little.
take care hunni
im here if you ever wanna chat just pm me
love Laura x

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI laura

thank you for your reply.  what a shock it must have been for your boyfriend to have found out that way, at least we had gone to the GP as we had been ttc for 2 1/2 years with no luck so we did suspect there might have been a problem with one of both of us. 

being told that my b/f had zero sperm in his 2 samples was shock enough,  but this OMG,  it just seems so unreal.

he hasn't actual said the woman in mans body thing himself,  just some articles on the internet that he read made it sound like that.  I completely understand  what you mean about him being a man and loving him no differently.

Both our parents know about the zero sperm but he doesn't feel ready or able to tell them about this aspect.  Like you we are just going to say that it's a genetic problem,  one of those things  and not go into details.  as we are probably going to use his brother as our sperm donor we have decided not to tell anyone other then parents about any of it,  would just seem to strange, even my brother and his wife aren't aware.

can just imagine at christenings, birthdays, parties if B/f's brother was holding the baby (if fingers crossed it works)  everyone looking, and just think my boyfriend would find it to hard,  that people are talking/whispering about it,  that they would never fully see it as his child

we dont know about the sry bit yet,  urologist wants us to meet with the genetist based at st georges hospital, however she does come to Frimley Park.  hope she can make it all clearer for us.  DP's test level was on the low side of the average range, so it doesn't seem like at this stage he needs any treatment

I noticed that your in Berkshire and have tx at Reading,  we are near camberley, have you ever found any support groups or associations for this chromosomal problem.  I cant find anything the closest I can find is klinefelter association.

I would love to stay in touch as our situations are very similar with both of us already having daughters,  mines 13. 

thank you once again  it is good to find someone with the same problem. please pm me any time.

Rebecca  ^fairydust^

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey again

We couldnt find any support groups for the disorder and like you found the klinefelter association, but, BF found one called 'Unique' which is a support group for lots of different chromosone disorders but still he is the only one with that specific disorder, He emailed them and they tried their hardest to find other support groups etc but no luck..
Here is the website address:
http://www.rarechromo.org/html/home.asp

On the donor sperm side of things have you had a look at the donor conception network website, i found lots of info & real life stories on there which has helped us come to terms with that part.

Also yea it would be great to keep in touch as our situations are so similar, pm me and chat anytime.

take care
love Laura xx

Oh bf has read the posts and also wanted to say that your partner will forget about it, my bf says that if it wasnt for having to take the testro gel everyday, he wouldnt even think about it now! ^reiki^

/links

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i usually post on the NOA thread, but having just had the results of DP chromosome karotyping feel the need to raise a seperate post.

Dp is 33 and on monday evening we were told he has XX sex chromosomes not the XY that most men have, This is the absolute cause for his Azoospermia. Urologist is going to refer us to the genetist to chat through exactly what it means.

Ive searched the web for info and it seems very limited, from what i gather it is just a sporadic thing that happens during embryo development, causing testicles not to develop, not necessarily passed down from parents and not anything that will necessarily cause him any problems in life apart from infertility. His testosterone is on the low side of the normal range and apart from small volume testicles he has no other problems. libido and ability to get and maintain an erection are normal.

He is more embarassed about this then he was about telling family he had no sperm, says from what he has read he's basically a woman in a blokes body, stuff ive read says that sufferers with male genitalia but with XX chromosome are most definately male.

Is there anyone that is or has a partner/husband diagnosed with the same syndrome. he doesn't want to tell anyone but I really think he needs someone to chat to. Ive tried looking for associations of support groups but havent really found anything.

thanks

becky x
Hello

Sorry for my english.

but my baby has the same syndrom and I would LIkE to understand and to chat.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts