Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Becky :)

My boyfriend has a chromosone disorder  xx male sry translocation (i think thats how it goes), it has no specific name so we found it very hard trying to find any info on it,its basically xx and there is a tiny bit of y on tip of an x, that is what gives him male features etc.

He actually found out 2 years ago when he was single as he was very ill for a long time, no energy really low etc, dr's diagnosed depression but he knew it was more then that and randomly asked for a sperm test , so he then found out he was completly infertile and had this rare chromosone disorder.

I told him about your post and asked if he ever felt like that, 'women in a mans body' well his answer was that, when he found out he was so relieved that they had actually worked out a reason for his ill health and was happy that now the right medication could make him feel better again ,he has testoserone gel everyday, as he has no male hormone.

Also he admited that since being with me :p, he has had no need to think like that, i love him and he knows that, he is a man, no one else would know about it, but his family know and my family know that he has a disorder but i dont go into cuz to be honest sometimes it does freek me out a little when i think about it to much.

It will get easier, if he is offered councilling he should try it, but all you can do is be there for him which you r obviously are and very caring partner to him.

Hope that helps a little.
take care hunni
im here if you ever wanna chat just pm me
love Laura x

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey again

We couldnt find any support groups for the disorder and like you found the klinefelter association, but, BF found one called 'Unique' which is a support group for lots of different chromosone disorders but still he is the only one with that specific disorder, He emailed them and they tried their hardest to find other support groups etc but no luck..
Here is the website address:
http://www.rarechromo.org/html/home.asp

On the donor sperm side of things have you had a look at the donor conception network website, i found lots of info & real life stories on there which has helped us come to terms with that part.

Also yea it would be great to keep in touch as our situations are so similar, pm me and chat anytime.

take care
love Laura xx

Oh bf has read the posts and also wanted to say that your partner will forget about it, my bf says that if it wasnt for having to take the testro gel everyday, he wouldnt even think about it now! ^reiki^

/links

1 - 2 of 2 Posts