12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home

·
Registered
910 Posts
hi girls,
hope you are all well.
not a very good day for me today.Have had afpains since et and am on day 11 today.due to test on friday.had bad pains this morning and when I went to the toilet(sorry for to much info)and wiped there was bright red blood and mucus on the tissue.really feel this is the start of af.so have been crying my eyes out most of the day.Am exhausted.I have read loads of other sites where the same has happenned and they have been told still to test on test day and some still have a bfp.Im not to hopeful but miricles can happen.is it to late for implantation bleed?
sorry for the me me me post.
lots of love everyone
janexxx :'(

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi girls

Jane - sorry to read your news, you never know it might not be over, keeping everything crossed for you ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Diana - Congratualtions, you must be delighted, this is really good news ^dancing spot^ ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^jumpin^ ^wings^ ^wave^ ^monkey^ ^roflmao^ ^pompom^ ^spin^ ^surprise^ ^phone^ ^bow^ ^babycrawl^ ^sunny^

Hope everyone else is haging in there, sending you all loads of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Lov
Donna

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi FET girls,

Hope that everyone is as OK as possible.

Lara - especially big HUGS to you. Your nightmare after the ET sounds very similar to my second ET.  I was OK until a few hours after and then all hell broke lose with pain. I've never had an adequate explanation but the clinic said it was probably a touch of OHSS. IT felt as if my entire womb/ovaries/abdomen went into spasm and it last badly for about 5 days.  I was uncomfortable for the entire 2ww. IM if you want to compare notes.

Jane - a big hug to you also my dear! It's not too late for an implantation bleed and it could easy be that. I've also felt like crying today and probably will tomorrow. These 2ww's are hell.

Megan - We also had one of our embies lose a cell when thawing. The clinic said that this was not unusual and they seemed happy.
I'm also badly constipated and going to the loo is hell. Been massaging my stomach in a big circular motion clockwise. Does seem to help a little.

Jaijai - I'm also on Progynova this time. It's an Estrogen tablet which I have not had before.  I was reading a reseach paper the other night that mentioned that a big  drop in Estrogen in the second part of the cycle could be the cause of some implantation failures.

Better go now as DH is watching the program on telly and not too happy.

With love from,

·
Registered
116 Posts
hiya,

just to let everyone know i'm pretty sure this ones a BFN as since all the pain and hospital and everything - i have been bleeding since Sunday ( spotting at first) but now its pretty much normal a/f so i'm not hopeful.

It is the most painful week i've had of my life too as the a/f pain hasn't let up ONCE :'( !!!!!!!!!

I'm on co-dydramol anyway from the hospital but i expected that because the pain from the tummy has gone - i thought i'd be stopping them but i just cant becasue of the a/f pain.

Spoke to Mr Sharif last night and he said that it most probable that it's not worked especially after the bleeding but he was very understanding and made me feel better about it all.

Saw some of the programme "precious babies"on tv last night and couldn't believe how they jump from appt to ec to transfer and to BFP in about 5 minutes - very realistic show that is. (NOT) ^police^ ^police^
I told my mom to watch it thinking it might give her an idea about the anguish we suffer, but it just showed tiny snips of the time we spend preparing for treatment so a waste of time that was.

Well, Jane i hope yours is implantation bleed and nothing more - especially since your so close to testing. big hugs for u anyway ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^

speak to all soon
lara

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hello everyone

Larac, hun hang in there.  It's not over yet.  When we went through our first full ivf, there were many women on that BB that had full on bleeds and still went on to get a BFP - there is a chance you could be one of them. I would wait till you take your pregnancy test (easy for me to say) but do try and prepare yourself for any outcome.  I'm thinking of you and praying for a BFP.  ^hugme^

Jane1, the above applies to you too.  It could be implantation bleed, we're all different so who knows.  Thinking of you hun as I too feel down at the moment.  ^reiki^  Also AF signs since ET can be a good sign. 

Flopsy, thanks for the advice.  I don't know much about embies...does it show?  ^confused^ ....  I have it in my head that when I strain to do number two's, that it will dislodge anything that's there - do you feel the same? And I therefore think I've pushed them out already....man I'm paranoid  Sorry if TMI.  I'm having to use Glycerine Suppositories to get things moving...yuk  ^scared^ even though I'm only eating fuit & veg, seeds & nuts during the day, normal meal in the evening.  If it was up to me I wouldn't eat as I'm so bloated and don't have any appetite at all.

Well I'm 6 days post ET.  No symptoms at all except it feels like my ovaries are being squeezed and ripped out of my pelvis.  Really tired too.  No swollen boobies, nothing....  jack sh**t to be honest - excuse my language.  I would love to know what it feels like to be pregnant as I've never ever had a BFP, just so I know what to expect, know what I mean  ^furios^.  When we had our first full IVF, I had sore boobies for the whole 2ww, hot flushes, the lot & still got a BFN, but nothing on the FET.  I'm trying not to 'boobie watch' to keep my own sanity.  I've now stopped being paranoid about walking, moving, bending & sleeping on my belly as I don't think any of these things would affect the outcome.  I do however not lift anything heavy.  That's about it.  So all in all I've convinced myself that it hasn't worked - a way of self preservation I spose.

Love & hugs to everyone & HI to everyone I have missed.  Thinking of you all

Megan

^wave^

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Dear Lara,

I do hope that the bleeding stopped and you go on to a positive. However, you know your own body and on my similar "night-mare of pain" I felt doomed and was not surprised to get a negative at the end.

A couple of options to consider :

1. Was the pain caused by a severe immune type reaction? This was the explanation given to me by Dr Beer who deals with these issues. This is his website and he visits the UK for a week each month.

http://www.repro-med.net/

2. Was it an infection that caused the reaction? Here is another USA based doctor who deals with this

http://www.fertilitysolution.com/

3. Or was the pain caused by another undefined problem with your womb causing it to go into spasm?

Are you taking progesterone which should stop the breakthrough bleeding and if so, how much.

Sorry if any of this is insensitive. After suffering something similar myself and being fobbed off by the clinic I was at that time I've given it a lot of thought but got no further forward.

Good luck!!

With love from,

·
Registered
910 Posts
hello girls
hope you are all alright.

Meachmont(donna) thankyou for wishing me luck and you nice words.hope it works.have a lovely pregnancy hunxxxxx

Flopsy thankyou for your kind words of encouragement especially when you are feeling down yourself.you are right these 2ww's are hell.take care my love.xxxx

larac thanks for your kind words especially considering the hard time you are going through yourself at the moment.I really hope it works for out for you.I agree with you on the 'precious babies'program.I was very disappointed.it made it all look so easy.should have shown people going  through a 2ww!take care.xxxx

megan again thankyou for your kind words when you are also feeling down.I really hope you get a bfp to.take care.xxx

well after my red blood yesterday morning i took it easy all day and never lost any more till going to bed.when I went to loo and wiped it was brown discharge.same again this morning.no more during the day till tea time when needed number 2((sorry) then brown discharge again.I did a hpt yesterday bfn also did one this morning bfn.due to test friday.has anyone ever had bfn's right up till test day then on test day got a bfp.sorry am clutching at straws again.

take care everyone
lots of love
janexxxx
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Jane,

I think that the essence of the 2ww is clutching at straws. On my last attempt a lovely lady called Marly (also at the ARGC) had a negative pregnancy test on the day before her official day.

The blood test though revealed that she was pregnant. Still pregnant and doing fine.

How's that!

I've reached the very tired and tearful stage so off to bed for me. I hate this torture!

With love from,

·
Registered
910 Posts
thanks flopsy,
you have made me feel a bit better.you are a lovely lady.take care
love
janexxxx

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Hi Guys

Jane1 - Hope you are feeling a bit better Hun.  (((HUGS)))

Lara - Have everything crossed for you  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Megan - Hope you are ok and feeling +++  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Well after 6 days of blood testas and scans I am in for ET on 24th.  It is a little way ahead as it is hopefully going to be blastocyst.  It is now a case of waiting and hoping  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ that embryos defrost and get to blast stage - not a big fan of praying but am at it constantly at the moment !!!!

Love and hugs to you all  ^hugme^

Tashja xx

·
Registered
116 Posts
hi everyone, sorry i've been scarce but this has been the worst 2 weeks of my life (so far!) and thats NOT because its the 2ww either :eek:

As u all know the prob's i've had last week and now with the a/f showing all through since monday - it does get worse.
TMI Alert - re: toilet-y stuff
^tmi^ ^tmi^ ^tmi^
Yesterday - i noticed that i was finding it increasingly hard to go to the loo, so i ate lots of fruit and took some senokot and hopeed for the best - by 8.30pm i was in agony and ended going to the hospital AGAIN!!!! ^doc^

Well to spare you all the details - co dydramol had caused it and since i was hardly eating aswell it had been "building" up for a number of days. ^tmi^ ^tmi^

Well we got to hospital at 10.45pm and left at 3.20AM !!!! having had 3 ..........yes 3 enema's - that last one being a phostate or something ( in other words a flipping firework!)

So yes it's official - this is the worst 2 weeks of my life - i just hope nothing else can go wrong - i already have the monday result - which i've already got clear in my head as a BFN.

We will definitely be having a break from treatment after this.........

Don't mean to be a downer ladies - you lot keep me going - thank god this site is here.

All the best

Lara

·
Registered
910 Posts
larac,
Im really sorry you are having such a bad time over all this.I really feel for you.2ww is hard enough without having to go through all what you are going through.as you said the amount of things that have gone wrong,hopefully after all this you will get your bfp.I really hope so.sending you my love and luck for monday :-* ^reiki^ take care hun.

Well its a  ^BFN^ for us again :'( :'( the evil af came in full force this morning.did a test anyway and it was bfn.I havnt made it test day once yet.we will be having another go but not till after august now as me and dh decided my body and our heads need a rest for a while.I will still be on here nearly everyday to see how all you girls are doing hoping to see loads of bfp's.I wish you all loads of luck.
take care everyone
love
janexxxx :'( :'( :'( :'(

·
Registered
116 Posts
thanks for your kind words jane and i'm sorry to hear about your result. ^Cuddle^

I dont blame you for having a break from it all - it can take over your whole life at times but i think even though chances of a spontaneous pg are still small for us all - i think with a little relaxationan and chilling - and forgetting about which day is day 21 or what time to take your buserelin can always help you along.

We may even knock it on the head till next year now - as last year was just a massive year - with pretty much every thing going on at once. So i think we'll give MY body a rest and OUR minds a break and take some time to enjoy our newly married life - as i'm sure you will too. ^BMS^ ^anniversary^ ^drink^ ^drink^ ^excercise3^ ^Exercise!1^

The first time we tried at ICSI i didn't test before and had weird pains etc but no a/f till after the test - can you believe it! but since then the a/f ^witch^ has beaten me there every flipping time. ^censored^ ^furios^

its nice to know you'll be keeping your eye on this lot - you never know what they'll get up to without some adult supervision ^naughty tony^ ^naughty tony^ ^BMS^ ^BMS^ ^censored^ ^drink^ ^twitch^ ^BFP^ ^festival^ ^shake^

All the best to everyone testing soon,

I'll be in touch on Monday to let you all know for sure. ^BFP^ or ^BFN^ ( i know what i'm expecting and it aint a bubba! ^eyes^ )

Hope everyone stays well in the mean time (unlike sickly sue - ME that is!!!! ^doc^) and i'll try not to visit the hospital again in the next few days...promise.

Lara ^daisy^

·
Registered
83 Posts
Jane, so sorry about you bfn. Hope you and dh are ok. Sending you lots of  ^Cuddle^ from Oz. Make the most of your break and enjoy the time with dh.

Lara, sounds like you are having a terrible time but I am sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for a  ^BFP^ on Monday. Don't give up just yet. Stranger things have happened ;D

MrsG - how exciting. Wishing you so much luck for the 24th. Hopefully I won't be too far behind you.

I had bloods done on Wednesday but no sign of ovulation so I have another test on Sunday. Hopefully its not too far away so I can have my FET before the 28th. If it is any later than that dh will be away in NZ on business when I am due to test. I don't know how I will get on if it is a bfn and he is not here. But fingers crossed it will be a bfp so I won't have to worry about that

Megan, hows the 2ww going? When is your test date. Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Flopsy, sorry if I have missed some of your posts but are you on the 2ww wait.

Donna and Diana, how are the little bumps going.

Love to everyone I have missed.

Love Debbie

·
Registered
164 Posts
Morning ladies

Larac, you poor poor thing  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:, your nether regions must feel awful at the moment.  I'm really constipated too and don't even feel the need to go to the toilet, don't feel like eating because of it but have to to get all the nutrients I can - vicious circle.  You would think they would have invented something to combat the constipation caused by the progesterone by now....seems most people get it.  Are you testing Monday?  Good luck, I'll be thinking of you.

Jane, I'm sending you the biggest cuddle  ^hugme^ , so so sorry.  Best to take a rest and get your mind & body sorted before embarking on another journey.  Don't give up.

MrsG, woohoo.  Good luck for 24th although I know it will go well for you.  Sending heaps of positive vibes your way  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

debbiea, here's and ovulation dance for you down under :  ^banana^ ^Exercise!2^ ^shake^ ^banana^ ^Exercise!2^ ^shake^ ^banana^ ^Exercise!2^ ^shake^ .  I'm from NZ - would like to be in your hubbys shoes as I haven't been home since Feb last year.  :'(  My DH was overseas for our first IVF result, it was hard but not as bad as I thought it would be as he gave me great support over the phone.  In the end I coped with the negative result better than what he did.  Good luck

Flopsy hun how are you?  Thinking of you.

I'm on day 7 of 2ww, still convinced it hasn't worked but feeling positve and able to cope with the result at the moment.  You know how you have good/bad days, well mine is good today.  Still completely constipated & nothing is working so just have to ride it out.  I don't even feel the urge to go, if I ever have diarhhea,  I know what to use to stop it - PROGESTERONE!!!!  ;D  ;D

Love & hugs to everyone

Megan

^hugme^

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello ladies

And lots of love to you all. It has been a few days since I have been on so have just been catching up with all your news.

Donna and Diana CONGRATULATIONS  ^banana^ What fantastic news !!!
Mrs G - good luck to you will be thinking of you
jane1 - really really sorry to hear your news, look after yourself now
larac - hope you have managed to keep away from that hospital for a bit, sounds like you have been having a really rough time of it......
Debbie a - hope you are hanging in there ok
Flopsy and Megan - hows it going with you, I hope you are both managing to keep sane.

I have kinda forgotten how hideous the 2ww is (talk about short memory, cos it wasn't that long ago that I was there!) so am not looking forward to it at all. ET is due round about the 28th/29th for me, it feels ages away yet but I guess it will soon be here.

You are all in my thoughts, and I touched to share your journeys with you, just knowing that someone else really understands can make all the difference.

Look after yourselves and fingers crossed for us all who are still waiting.......
lots of love butterbeans xx

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi to all the FET girls,

Well sadly, it was a BFN for us yesterday - our 5th in a row.

As that was the last of our frosties, we have few resources left and it is my 44th birthday next week that will probably be the end of the line for us.

I've asked for Mr Taranissi at the ARGC to review things before we make the final decision.

There are just too many variables for us to determine where things are going wrong - possibly dodgy sperm from a post-cancer treatment biopsy, my age, my pre-existing neurological disease, immune problems etc...

We have thrown so much time and money at this and have not even had a hint of a pregnancy.

Butterbeans - good luck for the 28th/29th. I hope that your 2ww goes quickly and there is a lovely BFP at the end.

Lara - hope you are OK soon and this horrible episode ends.

Megan - hang in there (my fellow Kiwi)!  I'm told that a little lemon juice in warm water first thing in the morning is good for the constipation. Hoping for a positive for you.

Debbie - sorry to hear that Ovulation is late. These things never seem to work when we want them to. Wishing you all the very best!

Jane - so very, very sorry about the failed cycle. IVF is so very painful and unfair. It sounds a good idea to take a break and restock. Good luck for your next attempt.

MrsG - hope that the embies defrost OK and then divide. Wishing you all the very best for later this month.

With lots of love from,

·
Registered
116 Posts
flopsy,
^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^

I'm sooooo sorry to hear your news - you've been through so much on the IF journey and its seems such a shame when you know it may be the end without a more +ive result.

I am thinking about you and DH ( you have both been so strong already - it really doesn't seem fair)

All the best for your up and coming birthday and i hope you can get on with everything else in life, without feeling -ive about this whole experience.( i know thats sounds stupid but when you've been through it time and again you start to realise that it does get better with time - though it doesn't make it easier to deal with, i know!)

I have been toying with other ideas (adoption etc) but haven't had the urge to talk seriously with DH yet, maybe you could think about that - if its what you want.

I hope your review goes well and as always pray that little miracles come your way - they seem to happen every day on here - so i will never give up believing and i hope you don't either.
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

I know i'm not due to test till monday and i've not done a test AT ALL - but i'm pretty sure its over as my a/f has literally been and gone in the last week ( and it was just as bad as usual!) So i'm not fooling myself any longer. :'(

Huge Hugs
^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^

Lara ^daisy^

·
Registered
116 Posts
hi girls,

i have a confession to make and i don't know what i should do.

If you have been reading about my antics over the past 9 days - you will know what i mean by the worst two weeks of my ENTIRE life - and during that time i've had what i can only call my "monthly cycle" (almost gone now thank god!)

Well as i was in hospital in the first week and have been bleeding since sunday (7days!) i spoke with my consultant on tuesday about all this and he said it wouldn't hurt if i carried on with my hrt and pessaries and then on wednesday had another visit to hospital ( constipation to DIE for!!!) and was given enema's galore.... and since thursday i haven't been taking any of my meds as i'm just so convinced that it just isnt going to happen.

I'm really worried now incase a) its a BFP and i have to tell the nurse what i've done and will have to start them again, and i'm scared to mess up what has worked almost on its own and b) i've stopped it from working by not taking the meds throughout.

I'm really worried now - can anyone give me any advice - i know it can happen naturally for some and i'm 99% sure its a BFN anyway - but i'm just thinking i've really cocked it all up now.

Any advice will be really welcome.
Lara

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.