Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

We are away to do our 1st FET in March (ET approx 10th) after a failed full IVF.  Anyone else out there due to start at the same time?  I was going to go completely un-medicated but due to some freak periods I have to use Buserelin to make sure we get the timing right.  Would be nice if there was someone else going through it to, to hold my hand so to speak.

Baby dust to all and good luck  ^spin^ ^wave^

Fingers cross 2005 is our year.

Megan

·
Registered
31 Posts
hello loopydumpling

I will be having FET in March, prob ET round about the 8th. So would be happy to buddy up and try and keep our peckers up through it. We had ICSI in Dec with a BFN, so although excited about this time, also very much aware of how stressful and difficult tx is.
I start sniffing next tues........here we go again !
love butterbeans

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Megan and Butterbeans

I will be doing FET in March - not quite sure of dates yet. But would love to join you on this thread. Had 1st FET in January with a BFP then mc at 5 weeks so a little bit rough but keen to get started again.

Love Debbie

·
Registered
120 Posts
:) Hello Megan, Butterbean & Debbie,

I am due to start 1st FET following 1st failed IVF ,starting to sniff 17th Feb. Feeling quite nervous & not looking forward to effects of buserelin, I know my dates are after yours but would like to buddy up with you if possible?  How are you all getting on with the sniffing & do you use any complimentary therapies for the side effects? I have accupunture but have decided against using the herbs this time; I also practise yoga.
Good luck & best wishes,
Shahzy ^sunny^

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Debbie, Butterbeans and Shahzy

I should be having FET around 11th of March.  I am having stronger side effects from the Buserelin this time with a lot more headaches, using paracetamol to control them...... blimmin pest.  Also constant bleeding (sorry if TMI), phoned the clinic to see if this was normal and they told me it was a good sign - not so good for the sex life though  ^roflmao^.  Feeling sick too - anyone else feeling sick?

Butterbeans, sorry about your BFN.  Good luck for the sniffing, you must have started now.  How's it going?

Debbie, sorry about your m/c.  How cruel hun.  But onwards and upwards.  We do put ourselves through hell but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.  If our FET doesn't work out this time we're gonna try naturally for a year and see how that goes.  My dh used to work away a lot so maybe all we need is some time together and for the first time in 5 years we'll be together most nights - maybe that's all we need (living in hope anyway  :) )

Shazy, please do join us - the more the merrier.  As I said above I'm only using paracetamol.  I am using Zita West vitamins this time though and they seem to be helping me feel more healthy.  I have been exercising a lot too (love running) and do yoga every so often.  I find yoga helps my mind more than my body, chills me I and helps me relax.

Good luck to everyone, will drop in to see how everyone is doing.

Babydust to us all

Love and hugs

Megan

·
Registered
31 Posts
hello Megan, Debbie, and Shahzy

Its good to know that there are others who know what we are going though isn't it.
I have just started sniffing, so am preparing myself for the roller coaster ride of tx.  So far no side effects, I was ok last time so hoping will be ok this time too, though after reading your post Megan am now beginning to panic a bit !
I too do yoga, and I swim most days...I find that it gives me time to chill out, which is something I really value, and I will certainly over the next few weeks.
Really sorry to hear about your m/c Debbie - thats tough. Its great that you have the strength to pick yourself up and try again.
And Shahzy and Megan too, lets hope that its all our year................

love butterbeans    :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Same here ladies,

Started injecting buserelin 31st jan and waiting on the evil a/f - she's 3 days late at the moment but i'm not jumping to any conclusions just yet.

I too had a BFP ( naturally )!!!! last july/august but m/c at 5 1/2 weeks so not given up hope on a natural pg just yet.

Been injecting for 12 days so as you can guess i'm abit sick of it now!

HOw do all you guys now the dates of your ET - i dont know when my first appt is till my period arrives...?????? ??? ???

Anyway, i always take each step as it comes as the dissappointment of my last fet WAS INCREDIBLE and i am not going there again. ^eyes^

I have been exercising more regularly since just before christmas and i'm now up to 3 classes a week ( cycling and light weight classes) and i'm walking everyday with the dog ( my therapy time ^confused^ ) though i could still do with losing a couple of pounds or 10!   ^scales^ ;)

Keep me posted, its great to feel we're sharing the experience with others and we're not alone. ^Cuddle^

Speak soon

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
Lara  ^daisy^

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Hiya girls,

I'm having natural FET in March/April, and would love to go through this with you.   
I've already had a FET in September, but the embies didnt thaw well at all, which they think was due to DH's immature sperm.
This time, the embies are made with donor sperm, so fingers crossed they do better.  Like Lara says, I know how much this hurts, so I'm taking it one step at a time,
Best of luck,
Marie xx

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good morning ladies

Welcome Lara & Marie, glad you can join us.  Lara, I only know my dates because I am using Buserelin early, mostly because I'm travelling a lot at the moment and I can't be there for scans and tests on the right dates so I've had to use my D/R drugs to control my cycle.  A word of advice, it's a nightmare flying with needles as you get heaps of hassle in customs.  They also take all your needles & medication out in front of everyone (who all seem to stare at you) so all in all it's not nice travelling while D/Regging.  :)  Headaches are still there and the occasional hot flush.  Still bleeding too but not as bad as before.  Butterbeans have you had any side effects yet? 

Gotta dash as I'm running late again.  Hope everyone is well.

Lots of hugs

Megan

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Can i join in????

Megan i think i may be doing FET the same day as you. I have spoken to my clinic today as i've not made it to the end of my 2ww for IVF They have told me to expect to have the fet done on the 1st of March or thereabouts, they have said they will confirm nearer the time...

I'm looking for someone to help me along the way.....anyone out there?

Sorry for crashing your thread..
Ju xx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Me too Please ;D

I will be going around March time (money permitting), have 5 frosties so hopefully they thaw well - not sure of exact dates but would love to join you lovely ladies.

Chrisb
x

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Hi can I join you all please !??  ::)

Was meant to be going in Feb but had a bad cycle so we are down for March insted.  :-*

I think it will be about 11th/12th March.  Have to wait for AF first though  :(

Doing a Natural cycle so I am not on any of the drugs.  Had to have Buserelin for the Dec transfer ..... was injecting for 3 weeks and then it didnt go ahead anyway  :'(

Good luck to us all that this is the month !!!

^afro^   ^fairydust^   ^goodluck^

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wow, lots more people to go through this cycle with in March. Very comforting to know you are not alone.

Sicknote,  ^Cuddle^ so sorry to hear about Widget and Fidget. Live s#*@'s sometimes doesn't it. But  ^goodluck^ with FET. You will have lots of support and help here.

Welcome MrsG, chrisb, marie and lara.

Fingers crossed for us all in March.

Love Debbie

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Morning everyone

Sicknote welcome hun, so sorry about your ivf.  At least the FET will give you something to focus on a hopefully give you something to look forward to. 

chrisb, welcome, the more the merrier.  You'll be fine with 5 frosties - that's a good number i believe.  We have 4 so I too am worried that all will go well with the defrost.

MrsG, welcome.  I was supposed to be drug free too but because I need things to happen on certain dates I have to use Buserelin.  I don't mind really except for the headaches which are a lot stronger than last time for my full ivf, makes me hope that things might be working better this time  :) - live in hope anyway.  Why was your cycle bad in Feb?  Hope it goes better for you this time.

I'm trying to keep track of us all so please let me know your dates:

Sicknote - ET approx 1st March    ^goodluck^

Loopydumpling - ET approx 11th March  ^goodluck^

Spanna - ET approx 10th/11th March  ^goodluck^

MrsG - ET approx 11th/12th March  ^goodluck^

Chrisb - ET ??  ^goodluck^

MarieLou - ET ??  ^goodluck^

Larac - ET ??  ^goodluck^

Shahzy - ET ??  ^goodluck^

Debbiea - ET ??  ^goodluck^

Butterbeans - ET approx 8th March  ^goodluck^

Babydust to all the March frosties.

Megan
XX
;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hiya

We are just about to have our first FET too - March 10th or March 11th all being well .... been taking buserelin(suprafact) for a week now.

We've had 2 fresh cycles which failed but were lucky enough to get 3 fembryos to freeze from the 2nd cycle (Dec 04) one 9 cell grade one, one 8 cell grade 1 and one 9 cell grade 2 (I think) ... I just hope they survive the thaw.

Going to do it very differently this time - no fortnight off work - going to go up to the clinic - have the tfr done (if they survive the thaw) and get on with life - the last two times we've had IVF, I've had the full 2ww off work and nearly gone round the twist so this time is going to be different.

Very nervous about the whole thing if I'm honest ... worried that they won't survive the thaw and that it will be game over before we even start  :(

Has anyone got any success stories to cheer me up and give me some hope?

Anna x

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Morning everyone

Welcome Spanna, good luck for this cycle.  I too will be straight back to work, infact I'll probably be straight back after ET.  Apparently it makes no difference so for me it's best if I'm busy at work and don't have time to worry about it.

Good luck for your FET

Megan

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Megan - thank you for your message

Yip - I've come to the conclusion after doing everything I should have done for the first two cycles that it really doesn't make any difference - as long as you don't go doing anything silly like bungy jumping!!  So yip - like you - I think I might be back at work straight after too.

I'm waiting for my period to come - I really want it to come today so that I can have my baseline scan on Tuesday ready for ET on the 10th or 11th, if not it will ET 18th or 19th which is ok .... I just want to get on with it .... !

Where are you upto with your treatment?

We've not told anyone about this cycle atall - we are keeping it all to ourselves this time - have you told people?

Have a good day

Anna xx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure if i can reply to this but im having my first FET on hopefully March 14th!!
I'm surrogate to my two fab friends C&M, this is our first FET together, we've done a lot of things to improve our chances i.e Diet/Lifestyle changes so hopefully it will pay off!
Getting pretty excited about it now!  ;D

·
Registered
42 Posts
E.C - Do you mean you've had babies for people you know - can you do that ... I've had a couple who have offered for us, but I dont know if I could cope with it - I want to experience pregnancy aswell as having my own baby.

What's it been like for you all?

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is my first FET with C&M, they are my first IP's too & i'm there first (and hopefully last!) surrogate mummy  :)

We met through Surrogacy Uk, was love at first sight  ^rainbow^ heehee. It all happened very quickly for us really and it doesnt always happen that fast but we're all happy with what lays ahead of us and that's what counts.

It's very sad that Claire will never be able to experience pregnancy and that's something she has had to come to terms with but a family to them is the biggest satisfaction and what they've tried for for so long.

Not long now till the FET, just keeping everything crossed!

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.