Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having our first (& possibly last!) ICSI at ISIS Colchester.

First jab was 7pm tonight!

Absolutely terrified as having top dose of drugs cos fsh high & been warned even with these drugs I might not respond, so fingers crossed!

Would love to hear from anyone else in similar situation.

Jess x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

I'm not having IVF but just wanted to wish you luck.

I've heard of ISIS as the consultant I see in Harley Street for my endo is actually Adrian Lower who happens to be fertility expert at ISIS. (I see different consultant for actual fertility, long story but they're both excellent).

Are you under Adrian Lower ???

Anyway, loads of ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Not been about for a few days!

Yes, Adrian Lower is fab!  Really feel that he has my best interests at heart (unlike my nhs experiences!).

Unfortunately, found out today that even with top dose of drugs I've only produced 2 folies - time is not on my side.  :'(  Will probably still go ahead & just hope for the best.

Jess xxxx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Jess, you are a couple of weeks ahead of me. I start today, injecting/stimming.  Wishing you all the best of luck and hope it is going well so far.

Mary

·
Registered
174 Posts
Jess

I wish you lots of luck mate.  I really really do, I didnt react well to drugs and first had 5 folles, then abandoned and tried higher dose and got 11 follies, only got 6 eggs and only 2 were suitable to fertilise and only 1 fertilised.  So I believe age is not always a major factor as I am 31 and they were surprised at my poor response.  I was gutted, but it only takes one and I have heard of lots of ladies who only had 1-2 follies and they got pregnant, one with twins, so its not over yet.

Good luck mate x

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi Jess- ;D

Just wanted to say that we am going to see Dr. Lower on the 11th for our 1st consult.  Can't wait and am so excited!!  How have you found the clinic?  Can you give me any idea what to expect?    Do you happen to know what their policies are on weight issues.  This is my biggest concern as I have diabetes and am therefore overweight and I'd hate for them to turn us away for this reason.

Take care ^hugme^

Angel129

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.