Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had an app with Dr West again at the clinic and she agreed to put us on the waiting list for IVF.  Due to us having it done on the NHS I was wondering how long you's were on the waiting list for.  Dr West said today, it could take 2-3 years to get to the top of the list.  :'(

I had ICSI done at Ninewells 4 years ago which was stopped due to OHSS 3 days before egg retrieval.  The reason I had the treatment there was because I was living in the Western Isles at the time and that was where you were sent for fertility treatment.  At Ninewells it only took us 2months to get to the top of the list, and I'm so disappointed for if its going to take so long to get to the top of the list at Edinburgh. 

If anyone can help who has been NHS funded for treatment at Edinburgh I would greatly appreciate any info back.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP*

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi Stina,

I am going to have my first IVF cycle in December this year - however, it's going to be private and not NHS as DH and I were told the waiting list would be 3 years - and we didn't think we should wait that long, age wise and all.

I hope you will get a reply from someone who went through NHS though.

Little Wolf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.