Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am currently on my 2nd fet at Origin, Belmont Road.  Would like to here from anyone from the same area.    ::)

Wendy    ^Heart^

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Wendy

I am at the Royal Fertility Clinic in Belfast and about to have ec on 3/5.  I didn't know there were other clinics?  Although I am getting 2 free goes.

Shi

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Shi

Nice to hear from someone in Northern Ireland.

We had been on waiting list for 3 yearsfor the Royal and decided to go private in 2003, Origin had not been opened long.
My name came up for free go at Royal when I was pregnant last year, so I missed it as I thought I didnt need it but I ended up m/c at 5 months and had a baby girl Ellie.
My consultant has sent a letter to the Royal to let them know what happened and he said I should be entitled still to 2 free go's.
So if this last FET does not work then we will have to wait on nhs as money has run out. :(

Wendy

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck Shi for 3/5

Wendy

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Shi

Was just thinking bout u  :)  How did the ec go on 3/5?

Im on day11 of 2ww and im going mad  ^confused^ can wait til Thursday!

Wendy x

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Wendy, I'm due egg collection on 15th at rvh, went for scan today, might be too many eggs due to drug dosage been increased, won't know until tues, might have to freeze eggs, and delay implantation for fear of hyperstimualtion. This is 3rd attempt privately. !st was with origin, they are all so nice there!

Will keep you updated.  Good luck and speak soon.
Maureen S.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi girls

I am also doing my ivf at Royal Victoria Hospital.  This is my second go.  So I have everything crossed this time.

My consultant from the Ulster Hospital runs the Origin clinic (Dr Roberts) - he is a really nice guy.

I was on the waiting list from 2000 for my treatment on the NHS.

Good luck to us all!

Keep in touch.

Kathy

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi girls,

I am onto IUI#3 at Altnagelvin Hospital but am contemplating IVF at the Royal as  my treatment is not going too well :'( 

Can anyone give me  the name of the consultant at the RVH? 

Wishing you the very best for your treatments, here's hoping for lots of BFPs!

Leah

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Lisa,

Professor McClure, Dr Traub and Dr Gillian Williamson are the three main consultants at RFC at RVH in Belfast, also Prof McClure practices with Origin clinic Be/mont Road, Belfast too.  I'm on my 3rd attempt and on 2 week wait at mo. 13 eggs collected and 7 fertilised.

Maureen S.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks Maureen,

Good luck for this cycle , hope to hear of a BFP soon!

Leah

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.