Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2 day 2 embryo transfer on the 10th Dec - because of the clinic closing for Crimbo we are not scheduled in for an official test until 28th Dec! Thats 18 days of waiting!
:(

Not sure whether its too early to test yet  - half of me thinks test now as if its positive great xmas prezzie for everyone but if its bfn the xmas is ruined for me and my DH.

My DH is so chilled out he doesnt mind waiting but its not his body! I am feeling positive as I have had slight cramping last week, increased cervical mucus (TMI) and very sore nipples that seem to have grown and darkened over the last few days, also I had my hormones levels checked every other day after the transfer and they were at the best they can be. (I live overseas so they do things differently here) but still I keep thinking its the progestorone!

Also does anyone know when your AF comes when you do IVF as mine would techinically be due yesterday so I was thinking surely if I wait until the 28th and have no AF thats my answer? or does the progestorone make it stay away?

xxx

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Hi,

I would say that you would get a true result today.  I tested 12 days after ET and got a BFP which was correct.

The bad news, is that the progestorone can stop a bleed if the IVF hasn't worked and some women bleed only once they stop taking it :(

However your symptoms do sound positive, but like you have said it would ruin your xmas if you got a BFN, so it may be wise to wait until after xmas.

I wish you lots of luck.

x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.