Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

just wanted to know if anyone else feels like me, my best friend has just told me she is pg (wasnt trying) unplanned! it just seems so unfair :( :(, i really dont want to feel like this she is my bf after all, everyone in the world sems to be pg at the min ( ok not everyone) but you knoew what i mean.

:'( :'( :'(
has anyone got any tips to stop me feeling like this or totally resenting my best mate

im a bit  :-[ feel like a complete cow but it is really getting me down

^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^
loads of love

jonesy
xxxxx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Hi Hun,
Ive moved your post here, Intros was not quiet the right place.

I do know what you mean Ive been there many times, its the worst feeling in the world, what it will do is test your friendship in both directions, give yourself some time to process the news then maybe try and have a think about what how you would prefer to handle seeing her/hearing about the progress, and see if you can ask her to be sensative around you.
Try and accept that others around you will get pregnant as thats their lives, you just need to focus on yours and do all you can to help your dream come true,

Being bitter and resentfull is a normal reaction, its then how you deal with it that becomes the issue.

Thinking of you
^hugme^

~Dizzi~

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx dizzi

i didnt think i would ever be like this hun,
this site does help though everyone is so lovely.
hope your well

love jonesy
xx

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Jonesy ~ Firstly big  ^hugme^ hun. I have been in your position both with my 2 BF's having 2 children each and one of my niece's had her son 5rs ago. My other niece has just announced that she is pg  :-\

It is difficult to handle sometimes, cause you are sooo happy for them but upset for yourself.
As Dizzi said, take some time to digest the situation and work out how much info you want to know etc and then have a chat to your mate.
I did and said to them that if I am having an off day it isn't you etc Lucky one of my BF said she wanted me to be very honest with her and I could just say I can't handle it and she would just let me go (which I did on a few occasions) and it was a no explinations needed kinda deal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts