8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home ladies. 

Love, luck and babydust to you all  ^fairydust^

Jayne x

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hiya folks, sorry about your news Caron xxxxxx.
HOW DID sQUEAK GET ON ??????
As for us, still not doing FET yet, had car accident riday, thankyou Mr Land Rover Discovery who decided to pull out onto an A road from a B road from our right!!! We are O.K.!!!!! that's the main thing.
Hope you are all well.
I do pop in fro time to time but very busy with work, trying to sell house etc.
Love to you all.
Love
WelshyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Girls

Welshy - Sorry to hear about your car accident  :(  but glad to hear you are both ok.

Squeak - I hope everything went ok on Friday.

Not much else to say I just wanted to see if Squeak was ok.

Take care girls, Natalie xx

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Hello,
Feeling a bit :-\ tonight as the ET is due tomorrow. We had 3 FE yesterday and i'm quite worried that they will not make it through till tomorrow.

Trying to remember that worrying isn't actually going to change anything.
Thank you to those of you who sent me advice about the holiday during the 2ww. I have now spoken to my family and told them about the treatment. They were very supportive.....just like you said Squeak.

Went out last night and didn't drink. Was quite funny seeing other people tipping their wine over for once! J2O didn't taste too bad either!

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow with dread (if that makes any sense).
Twirls

·
Registered
476 Posts
good luck for tommorrow twirls  :eek: sure everything will be fine but nothing i say will make you stop worrying its all part of the journey , be thinking about you tho xx

welshy sorry to hear about your accident but glad your both ok , any offers on the house yet , hope so then it will make the move in sept easier  ;D are you gonna be joining us girls in n/wales we've always got room for a new groupie  ;D

hope you had a good time Ange and you've turned a nice golden brown now  ;D

squeak - hope your just too busy or sickley to post , thinking about you .

how are all the rest of you ladies ??? it seems to have gone quiet on here.

we start our prep course tommorrow so will tell you all about it tom night , our visitors left today and it poured it down here poor things they were bikers so by the time they got to mid wales they were soaked , wales is known for its wet weather  ;D

love caron xx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi girls! ;D

I'm back! Had a lovely holiday - the weather was fantastic and it was a lovely place we went to. Now I'm faced with all the washing to do! Been sniffing and taking the progynova like a good girl and I'm due to go for a scan tomorrow to see when my ET will be.

Caron - hope the prep course goes ok - let us know what it entails.

Clarettc - thanks for the advice on the lemon - I tried it but it didn't really work for me - I think they must have put superglue in the spray tan! It's taken ages to disappear!

Tracey - hope you had better luck with your St Tropez tan! I wouldn't do the spray tan again - the smell took a few days to go and my natural tan is quite pale in comparison! Hope you enjoyed your ball. When are we meeting up again?

Joy - good luck for your scan - by my calculations it should be this week sometime. Let us know.

Jaq - enjoy your holiday to Somerset - where are you going?

Squeak - hope your scan went ok on Friday

Natalie - what a lovely name, Max! Not long to go now!

Welshy - sorry to hear about your accident - thankfully you're both okay - what a nightmare!

Kate - hope everything went ok for you at the scan and you're feeling happier

Twirls - good luck for ET today - I think the thawing process is really nerve-wracking - that's what I'm worrying about

Anna - saw on another thread that you're due to test today - good luck!

Freda - followed your progress too and wanted to say congrats on your bfp! ^clapping^

Salbal - you must be off to Russia now - hope all goes ok for you! Let us know when you get back.

It's taken me ages to read through everyone's posts! Hi to Debs, Kathy and everyone else I've not mentioned.

Ange x

Ladies having treatment

Ange d/r, next scan 24 May, ET around 28 May
Salbal ET around 20 May - Moscow

Ladies on 2 ww

AnnaH testing 23 May
Twirls testing 6 June

Awaiting treatment

Caron inbetweenie
Jaq pursuing surrogacy option/on donor list
Roze waiting to start tx in June
RSMUM inbetweenie - looking to start tx in Spain
Tracey pursuing adoption route
Welshy pursuing adoption route

Mums to be

Dr Kate mum-to-be - next scan week beginning 16 May
Freda mum-to-be
Kathy mum-to-be - due October 2005….twins!
Lilypie mum-to-be - due 6 Dec 2005….twins!
Longbaygirl mum-to-be - due 7 Dec 2005.…twins!
Mandy mum-to-be - due 7 August 2005
Natalie mum-to-be - due 9 August 2005
Squeak mum-to-be - due 25 Nov 2005

Babies!!! ^babycrawl^

Lorraine - Jacob, born 31 Jan, 7lb 12oz

·
Registered
957 Posts
Hi all ;D ;D ;D

Scan on Thursday was a peach! Normal looking 6 week pregnancy with good fetal heart seen and no signs of any bleeding around the sac (as on all prev pregs). Looking good and starting to feel hopeful that this may be a keeper. EDD 13/1/06

Previous miscarriages were all between 6-8 weeks so only another couple of weeks until I can start to breathe again!! :)

All v v exciting. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for a v dull and uneventful 2 weeks ahead, then a lovely normal 8 week scan hopefully.

That's all for now, back to seeing patients again. I hope everyone else is peaceful and ok. I can't keep up with the 100's of names and stories on this thread but I am thinking of you all and wish you so so so much luck with everything.

Lots of love
Kate
ps too scared to do a ticker thing yet!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Dr Kate - so pleased to read your post. Know what you mean about wanting to relax, but waiting for a bit longer. DH and I are not relaxing till we actually walk out of the hospital with a live baby....................Shame really, because it means we just can't enjoy this pregnancy and are always trying not to get our hopes up too much, just in case.

Angek - Thinking of you - I finished the last of my Progynova this morning! Hope your date for ET is soon.

I had a (private) scan last week - still waiting for my NHS appointment, which won't be for another two weeks - which is pants!

Both babies are fine, both big for dates so my EDD has been moved to 2/12/05 - not sure how they can do that given that they know the exact date of conception with IVF? Can you update me on the list - thanks.

Hi to everyone else

Joy

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Glad to hear things are going well for you both Kate and Joy - how wonderful!

Welcome back Ange - all the very,very best for tomorrow.

Just wanted to let you know the programe about donor eggs and sperm went out this evening on Radio Wales..VERY nerve-wracking for me...you should be able to listen to it on..http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/radiowales/shows/eyeonwales.shtml

and just click the listen again bit..

Soo pleased he mentioned the support group..

Take care all of you,

D x

·
Registered
618 Posts
Dr Kate, SO PLEASED THE SCAN WENT WELL, IT IS DEFINATELY A KEEPER.
Hope Squeak is O.K. Has anyone heard????
love
WelshyXXXXXX
p.s. We will be in South Wales (we hope) as the job is in Bristol.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Kate - wonderful news - hopefully you can relax a bit more now!

Joy - good news on the scan - it must be wonderful to see your babies!

Debs - I'm listening to your interview as I write this - it's a very good programme - very thorough and covers issues from every aspect - you're coming across really well, well done!

Ange x

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Hello,
RSMUM...just trying to get your radio interview to play but can't seem to find it. Is there anything else you need to click on after 'Listen Again'? I would love to hear it as i have been approached to do an item for my local station....not sure if i'm brave enough!

I had my ET yesterday. The embies are grade 2-3. Unfortunately there were none left to freeze so we are planning to make an appointment in Spain if we have no luck this time.

Dog went off to friends house yesterday as well. He is very lively and jumps up all the time. See how many days our friends can put up with him....he'll probably be back tonight!

Twirls

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi all,
sorry to keep you all in suspense. Thanks for all the kind thoughts.
Sorry for not being in touch sooner but have been throwing up for England again.

My scan was absolutely perfect. I was a nervous wreck before hand.
Been told I'm very low risk of any abnormalities and so did not need the nucal blood test and will not need amocentisis later on!
Don't know the sex of the baby - would not show us its genitals but the bugger was doing somersaults in my tum and would not stop wriggling. No wonder I'm so sick. Could see the fingers, toes, nose, lips, heart beating and stomach. Spinal cord, ribs all in  order too. Head and eyes like an alien though - think we'll call it 'ET'. DH was over the moon and has no stopped grinning since. Said it was a life changing experience for him - think it's finally sunk in that I'm preggers (my throwing up obviously does not count).
The obstetrician was happy for us too - he could not stop shaking our hands.
Not out of the woods yet but I now feel I'm progressing at last.

Twirls - I'm glad you coughed up the courage to chat to your family. That's some of the stress dealt with. Hope ET has gone well. fingers crossed now. :)

Welshy - sorry about the accident - hope your OK.

Caron - hope your doing fine. Thinking of you.  ;)

Ange- well I did not recognise you as the bronze lady. Hope you had a super time and good luck with the upcoming treatment.

Natalie - if its breech now there's still time for it to turn round. Babies are supposed to turn round and engage into he birth position a few days before? Perhaps he'll reverse out and do a U turn!  ;D Sometimes the doctor can manipulate and right a breech, have they offered this? My brother was breech, the GP missed this when examining my mum a couple days before the birth, so my poor mum had breech forceps birth without a C section in a cottage hospital. The GP apologised after!
The obsterician who did the nucal said I will need the injections for Rhesus negative like you've had sorry but at what stage do they give these again?

Kate- glad everything went OK

Joy - will see yer in 2nd trimester real soon! We're only about a week apart. I'm still on progynova and cyclogest - was told to stay on it until 4.5 mths. It's a drag.

Struthie - how's your ICSI going?

And to all the rest, hope you are doing fine.

SqueakX

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Squeak
Thats fab news,I was getting worried about you - we should swap email addresses?

So glad all is well,sorry you are still being sick though,hope you will be able to relax soon maybe?

I'm doing ok thank you for asking,just waiting for AF to arrive now,sniffing is ok,getting used to it now,just want to move on to the next stage now!

I'm so happy all was well
Ruth xxx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi girls!

All went well at my scan – ET is on Saturday. Just hoping and praying that my 2 little ones thaw nicely and survive the night!

Squeak – great news on the scan – bet you’re so relieved things are going so well! You just need the nausea to subside now and you’ll be blooming!

Twirls – I’ll be joining you soon on the dreaded 2ww… fingers crossed for us both!

Caron – I’ve just bought some unperfumed deodorant and I’ll be cleaning the bathroom well before ET so I won’t be around any nasty chemicals…. Thought I’d give that theory a go !!

Hi to everyone else…

Ange x

·
Registered
476 Posts
hi girls its great to log on to good news again  ;D

squeak - phew ! really glad all was well at scan we were getting worried and i bet your glad you dont have to have all the usual tests , hope the sickness calms down soon.

Ange - brilliant news you will have to keep us informed on saturday how the transfer went , sorry i didnt reply to your email other night the site booted me out then i couldnt get on net either.

kate- so glad your scan went well too, just another 2ww till the next one  :eek: the waiting is never ending isnt it but when you get good news its worth it.

twirls - good luck with your 2ww hope it doesnt drag too much for you.

struthie - hope af arrives soon then the next bit will fly by

joy- good news about your scan too must be amazing to see 1 baby never mind two , you'll be getting a big bump now ???

Deb- we cant get the programme up but mabe its because of the industrial action with bbc workers ???

welshy - was hoping you were moving to north wales and we'd get a new member to our group, never mind at least you'll be happy moving back home.

Tracey thanks for the text this morning, will email you all about it later.

hope the rest of you are ok
love caron xxxx

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Girls

Squeak - I'm so glad everything went well for you on Friday  :)  With regards to the anti-d injection, unless you have any bleeding you will be given two injections - one at 28 weeks and the other at 34.  At birth the baby will be tested to see what blood type they have.  If it's not rh-ive you we be given another injection 48 hrs after birth.  If you do get any bleeding please go straight to delivery suite who will test you for antibodies and if needed give you an injection.  I hope this helps.  Just to let you know my midwife claims the baby has turned  :) but I think he has turned back  :( as all my kicks are low down again but never mind.

Kate - Congratulations on your scan.  Wishing you the very best of luck with your next one.

Twirls - Wishing you the very best of luck, hoping the 2ww pass quickly for you.

Ange - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Joy - Twins !!! Well done.

Struthie - I don't think we have spoken before.  Where are you having your tx ?  It sounds the same tx I had to get this little one.  I hope your af arrives soon.

I know I've missed loads of people SORRY but I hope everyone is doing ok.  It is so lovely to post wishing people good luck and congratulating all the good news.

Take care girls, Natalie xx

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi all,
Hope your are all doing well.
Think we're in a slow period now, so, let's hope we get some excitement from Anna, Twirls and Ange.

Does anyone know how long we stay on Cyclogest and Progynova - some people seem to come off at 3mths and others at 4-5mths. I'm confused. Thoughts?

Squeak

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.