Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi Amanda and welcome - anyone who donates eggs, whether egg sharing or altruistic, is a great lady in  my book :) The basic prep for a recipient is to down-reg when you did, then when you start stimming, we start HRT to build up the lining, then get very nervous when you have egg collection until we know we have some eggies  ::), EC same as you have done, but after that we are on progesterone too as our ovaries were "asleep" and cannot make any of their own. The 2ww is probably much like you have/are experiencing - excited then pessimistic, hopeful then not, reading something into every little twinge, obsessing about the size of our boobs (well some of us do that anyway ;D ). Wishing you the very best of luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^  In the future, if you do want to donate eggs both CARE and MFS in Manchester accept egg donors - best bet will be to contact them directly nearer the time.
Ange - sorry to hear about the little hiccup in your cycle - hope you get it all sorted soon. By the way, Simon told me that some clinics give the boys some sterile saline to "wash off" with first, whereas others don't. The bacteria might just be contamination during/after collection rather than an infection in DH - but your GPs test should be able to tell you more. Fingers crossed it gets sorted quickly anyway  :)
Deb- hope your scan went well today  ^reiki^ - are you taking any aspirin this time?

Jaq

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
OMG!!! Total confusion! ^idiot^

Had the scan this morning, it was only 6mm so growing slowly...so called the clinic and sent them a fax, they said they'd let me know..no phone on mobile or home so I went out with DD, got back here, there was an e-mail.They said ET on Friday 18th well, there isn't a Friday 18th, did they mean Thursday or Friday? Anyway, I opened the attachment giving the protocol and that says ET Friday 5th THIS FRIDAY!!! Of course, I can't get in touch with anyone until tomorrow so I'M FREAKING OUT!!!EEK!!

worrying about the flights, the money transfer, the tv crew, DD.. :eek: :eek: ^idiot^ ^twitch^ ^spin^ ^twitch^

Sorry, JUST HAD to share that with you all! ;D

D xxx

·
Registered
476 Posts
hiya girls hope your all well  :)

Deb - OMG friday , cant believe how quick this one has been , good luck with all your organizing will be thinking about you both.

Ange - lovley to speak to you , yhope tests on mikes sperm are ok

promise I will catch up with you all next week , bosses go away for 4 days so will have plenty of rest time  ;D ;D

love and luck to you all
caron xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
yup - it's this Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: ;D ;D

·
Registered
154 Posts
GOOD LUCK DEBS! im sure everything will be fine - i felt exactly the same but it was all okay... think calming thoughts of the loverly spanish weather over there  8). it seems to take so long and then all of a sudden its all happening! im so excited for you..heres wishing you get some lucky eggs!!

love to all, tracey xxx

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Thanks - I had to laugh this morning when they said that none of the English-speaking doctors will be there! Both on holiday! Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a way to make a baby! ::) ;D

How are things with you and the adoption process?

How's everyone else? sorry been a bit " me, me, me " this last few days ::) :eek: :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
All very uunderstandable seeing as you are about to have ET in Spain. ALL THE VERY BEST OF LUCK WITH THIS ONE.......GOOD VIBES COMING YOUR WAY!!!!
Love
WelshyXXXX

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hi All

I am currently having my first cycle of ivf with an egg donor.  Our donor is due to have another scan tomorrow (Wednesday) and hopefully e/c will be on Monday, 8th Aug.

WISHING YOU ALL GOOD LUCK .

Carol250

·
Registered
174 Posts
Debs,
did you make contact today?
Oh your nearly there  ^milestone^
I've got my trotters crossed I so hope it works. ^goodluck^
Top tip, keep off the alcohol and caffiene and take your Folic Acid.

Safe journey

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just wanted to wish Debs all the best for Friday.  Dont worry about Dr O and Dr W not being on hand - the other doctors and staff speak enough English for you to have the transfer without a hitch.

Mandy

·
Registered
896 Posts
Good luck Debs - does your lining have to be upto a certain thickness for ET or will they do it at 6mm?

Joy

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mandy, Aren't you due anytime now!  ^jumpin^ 
I do hope you have short labour with minimum pain.^fairydust^
Do you know what you're having?  ^pinkted^ ^blueted^
Has bubs got a name?

Carol250 - welcome, expect yopu are getting nervous now, try to stay calm, it does not hurt  - it's a bit like having and extended smear test. Let us know how it goes!
Are you having treatment in Glasgow?

Squeak

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi everyone
I go off for the day to Southport Pleasureland with the Chernobyl kids (and having been on the Traumatizer ride it's a good job I'm not on a 2ww  ;D ) and come back to find so much to read! Debs - you must be so excited now! And at least not much time to panic too much  ::) Shame about the english-speaking docs being away (is that the good looking one?!!) and glad Mandy has been able to reassure you, after all,not many phrase books have things in like "put your legs up here" or "just relax while I put this catheter in"  ;) Wishing you the very best of luck for a smooth trip - keeping everything crossed for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Mandy - you must be ready to pop - good luck to you too  :)
Hi Carol - welcome, and hope it is good news for you today, let us know how everything's going.
Caron - sure you'll be looking forward to putting your feet up for a bit - take care hun  :)
Hi Welshy - how's the neck/back? Hope all is well with you, and with your new house and new job - enjoy the summer  ;)
Hi to everyone else
Love Jaq

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Thanks Jaq - and thanks everyone else for the kind wishes - it really means sooooooooooooo much.

Am getting very excited now - just got an e from the clinic -we got 9 eggs - so let's see how many fertilize etc....eek!

Off to pack..

Deb xx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Debs

Just wanted to wish you all the best for Friday - 9 eggs - wow, fantastic! I'm so excited for you!

^clapping^          ^banana^          ^clapping^

Ange x

·
Registered
362 Posts
9 eggs is brilliant Deb  ^clapping^ ^banana^  ^clapping^
Have a great (and very successful!) trip
Love Jaq

PS Ange - your message came up whilst I was typing mine - you picked the same smilies as me - great minds and all that  ;D

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hi

Thanks for that Squeak - yeah having tx in glasgow.

Not to bad just now with nerves - just getting impatient for monday.

Take Care All

carol xxx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi Carol - welcome to the thread - good luck for Monday! You must be so excited!!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Ange x

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.