CharlieL - DIUI

Colly - DIVF April

Eileenh - DIUI

Fizz - Considering DIUI.

Gwendolyn - DIVF in May

Herbaltea - HSG on 11 May then DIUI

Kellyhop - DIVF planning appointment at Kings on 13 June

KLT - DIUI

LiziBee - 1/2 ICSI & 1/2 DIVF hoping to cycle in the summer.

Marielou - DIUI with injectibles in June

Mossie - DIVF

Nat34 - FET

rsmit02 - DIUI - Waiting for AF

Sinbad - DIVF in April

Wolla - Awaiting DIUI - top of the NHS list in June 05

Precious Cargo On Board ^clapping^

Josie - DIUI - EDD 13/10/05 ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Clare - DIUI - EDD 01/12/05 ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Trixie - DI - EDD ? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

CarenB - DIUI - EDD ?? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

ZoeP - ICSI with Donor - EDD?? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Our Miracle is Here ^babycrawl^

Ali - Proud mummy to Cameron (DIVF)
Jayne - Proud mummy to Jack and Ben (DIUI)
JulesUK- Proud mummy to Katelyn (DI)
Sweetcaroline - Proud mummy to Sophie (natural miracle)
Tracey - Proud mummy to Maxwell (DIVF)

Please let me have any additions/amendments to the above list :)

-------------------

Hi all :)

Bit of a catch up needed. Have been reading, but not much time for posting. So many things going on right now :)

Hobbs - So very sorry that it didn't work this month ^hugme^

Wolla - Glad to hear your first appointment with the 'dildo cam' went well ;D Try not to worry (easier said than done!) about the 'poor view of uterus' comment you saw written down. I'm sure you would've been told if there was a problem in seeing everything clear enough.

Caroline - Yayyyy, you're on the 2ww ^clapping^ (don't think about the 1 week progersterone test ;) ). Glad you feel more reassured about the timing now and the doc waited the extra day for you.
As for feeling wetter afterwards (TMI ;D ) surely that's just the lubrication from the speculum as opposed to the swimmers :) Also, some CM is loosened as the speculum goes through into the uterus. Did they show you the tube with the little bit of pink fluid in beforehand? it's such a teeny amount. That isn't going to come out once in your uterus I'm sure ;)
I never had any bleeding, but was warned at the time of IUI that I could get some, so assume that's pretty normal.
Please try not to worry about having overdone things so far on your 2ww. I'm sure it won't make any difference, other than mentally making you think this could be the reason if it doesn't work - which of course it will! ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Anyhow - GOOD LUCK! ^reiki^ ^2ww^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^

Sinny - Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience at your scan. Nice bedside manner eh ::) Makes me mad that - it happened to me a couple of times too. I think they just do this sort of stuff every day and eventually seem to lose sight that we don't have the same knowledge they do and want reassurance, or at the very least the chance to ask a question! :mad:
Very pleased that you had a better appointment yesterday :)
Hugs to you for today. My hormones were a right mess whilst I was stimming, and after the Pregnyl jab too, so I think that's pretty much why you're feeling as you do. Good luck for your IUI tomorrow ^reiki^

Nat - Yeah the dignity does go a bit doesn't it with the treatment, so a smear is a walk in the park really ;D

Alex - I read yesterday the other day that you were having your HSG done, and really hoped you'd be one of the ones that says it's pain free - it seems to be a very individual experience. I found it absolute agony too and was in tears pretty much the whole way through and at one point they had to put a clip on my cervix and I'm not kidding, I almost passed out. I've been through some painful things in my lifetime, but I can honestly say that the HSG was up there with some of the best! :eek:
I'm really pleased to hear all was clear though, and you'll very shortly be off and running with this cycle :)

Katie - So sorry to hear of the loss of your cat ^hugme^
Fantastic that you get to go again this month. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly for you with scans, etc. Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Marie - Awww hun, you know how I feel, so will just send big

Okay, think that's me and the list up to date :) Big ^hello^ to anyone I've not mentioned.

Love

Jayne x ^fairydust^

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dear Sinny

Good Luck for tomorrow
Glad i am not the only one who stresses out before treatment, you are in good company
Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I take Deep breathes, and say "keep focused, keep calm and relax "- i say that to myself over and over again i probably look at bit mad but hey ho ! who cares

love Dianne x

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi all
Thanks Dianne, Jayne and everyone for the support, I suppose it is down to gods will or fate or pure luck.  Any tips for 2ww would be appreciated.

Sending a big hug to everyone else going through it  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

sinny
x

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Thanks Jayne

Boy am i glad you had a bad time with the HSG too!  (not being mean or anything!).  Someone posted on another thread to ask how it was and most ofthe girls said it will a little painful, bit like period pain, but mine was awful, i cried and i am really not the weepy kind believe me.  Did i also say that the doctor left the speculum in and walked out?  the nurse told me it was ok to move, i said but the speculum is still in and she said "no its not" looked and "oh dear yes it is!".  Would of look mighty strange walking down the street i can tell you!  Like you say it is individual like most fertility problems but i like to tell the truth and am not one to gloss over things!

Thanks for updating the list - you are a star for doing this even though you have your family already made!  Any plans for a 3rd??!!

Katie - yes i have one cat, who is 7 years old in a few weeks time - bring out the bunting!! - he's a boy and very much going thru a hunting phase - lots of mice, birds etc being brought into the house - maybe he will bring me a baby soon!!  I dont know what id do if i lost him so do understand your grief.  xx

Hi to everyone else.  I'm off work today as still crampy and sore from HSG but back to work tomorrow,  boo hoo!

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Alex

Yep, the HSG really hurt me. I was even doubled up in pain for about 2 hours after it was finished. The nurse took me to a side room for a cup of tea, and I couldn't even sit in the chair. Sure she thought I was being a right wuss, but honestly, it was agony! Dh just looked on bemused! The poor doc who did the exam just kept asking if I wanted him to stop, and I was saying through my tears, no to keep going as I needed to have it done, but I'm sure he was getting really worried about me ;D

Sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh about the speculum, but that tickled me a bit ;D Not good though is it to leave it in :eek: ;D

alex28 said:
Thanks for updating the list - you are a star for doing this even though you have your family already made! Any plans for a 3rd??!!
No probs, I just want to help if I can :)

I'd love to try for a third - I always saw myself with 3 children before finding out dh had azoospermia - but it's so different now. The choice to even try has sort of been taken from us for the following reasons.

1. We can't afford further cycles.

2. The change in the law means that if we did try again, and were successful then that third child would have the right to trace their donor, whereas Jack and Ben wouldn't. I want my children to have equal rights and knowledge. Also, we would most likely need to use a different donor, and both boys are true brothers, not sure I'd want the third to be a half sibling (just a personal opinion though). The other thing is that if the same donor were available, then a third child would have the right to find out who he is, whereas the other boys wouldn't and there's a chance that Jack and Ben might want to know, but the third child wouldn't, and he/she would have some sort of hold over the knowledge really over Jack and Ben. That wouldn't be fair.

3. Just say that one day money wasn't an object, and dh had an SSR which produced sperm for ICSI (he's never had one done, so we don't know if we could get some for him), and we went down the ICSI route. Again, how would Jack and Ben feel about any resulting baby. It's just not something I feel is in their best interests.

So, despite wanting to try for another, I have to supress that, as it's not going to happen. I can't see how it can now the law has changed. If things had stayed as they were, then money would really be the only object - well that and the same donor being available still for sibling conception :)

I am so, so utterly grateful for what I have with Jack and Ben and never for a second take them for granted, or how lucky I was to get them with the number of cycles I had - we could never have tried more than what we did as financially it would've been impossible - so I am forever thankful that they came our way when they did. I just wish so many others the same, and if I could make it happen for each and everyone of you, I would in the blink of an eye.

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Jayne

your thought process is very logical and i totally understand your reasoning behind it all, like the great mum you are, you are thinking of your boys as always.

i am just hoping that now we know my tubes are ok that we get lucky this time and i respond to the drugs ok.

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Alex :)

alex28 said:
i am just hoping that now we know my tubes are ok that we get lucky this time and i respond to the drugs ok.
I hope so too :-*

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Just a quickie to Katie to say I was basted last Thursday which was the day of my surge.. in fact I had a panic (strange when I'm usually so laid-back!) as doc planned to baste on the Weds and I didn't get my surge that morning - when he did the scan he actually decided to wait until Thurs.  Obviously this would be more reassuring if I could say 'And I got a BFP!!' but I don't know yet.  I also have a progesterone test on Thurs, which will be 7 days after surge.

I'm glad you said that about the highlights, I had my hair coloured throughout my last pregnancy but the girls on another thread were saying you shouldn't.  My roots are looking flippin' awful (not that I would put that before my baby's health - I'm vain but not that vain.. I'm sure it's ok though).  ^Queen^

Good luck Sinny  ^goodluck^

HSG sounds awful, Alex, you poor thing - at least your tubes are in good shape! (well, tubular)  ^afro^

Alex is right, what a great mum you are Jayne.  :) Oh and doc didn't show me the tube when full but I saw it afterwards and it was pretty small!

much love to everyone
Caroline xxxx

·
Registered
122 Posts
A quick  ^hello^ & apologies  :-[ for not keeping up to speed. Very busy at work & DP busy as he's a gardener & tree man so this is his moving in to peak work time. So we both seem to be knackered all the time. Haven't had time or energy tonight to read back through the thread, but do think of you all & a big thanks to jayne for keeping me up there on the board. I've just done my pregnyl injection tonight in prep for EC on Thursday ::) . I've got 5 follies which is not bad for an oldie  ;D & about what I've had before. Looking forward to joining the  ^2ww^ all being well.
Jayne2

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Jih

Good luck for EC tomorrow  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

WOlla

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Sinny - Good luck for today and basting  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Jayne2 - Good luck with EC tomorrow!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Alex - Sorry, but I had a little giggle when I read that they left the speculum inside you - could just imagine you scuttling around the floor like a crab!  ;D  Sorry about that!  How could they leave it in you - and why did the nurse think you couldnt feel if you had a speclum in our not!  :eek: 
Sorry you had so much pain ^hugme^ and that girls on another thread told you it isnt normal.  I'd say of course it is!
I was lucky enough to feel only mild period-like cramps, but I'd bet it differs for everybody.  On the plus side, I read that the cycle after HSG, you're usually very fertile  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Caroline - urgh, highlights. I really need mine doing, but I have about 5,000 HUGE bills due next week, so it looks like I won't be getting it done!  ::)  Its only been about 7 weeks, but I'm already in desperate need!

Jayne - I've read your thoughts about a 3rd child on the Mummy's thread (yes, I am your stalker  ;D ) and have to say what a fab Mummy you are, for putting Jack and Ben first, which must be hard, when you would love another child.  You've obviously thought everything out in detail, and I have to say, you are my inspiration - I want two cuties like yours!  ;) 

Had a panic last night about money, and affording everything .... We'll be fine, but last thing at night, everything seems so much worse, dosent it?!

Marie xx

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Jayne2, nice to hear from you again, good luck for EC!  ^goodluck^

Marie, how are you doing hunny?  ^hugme^ Lovely to read your post, you sound back on form.  Still so sorry to see that extra line on your profile when we were all hoping for a pg ticker.. hopefully next time hey?  ^reiki^ It was very cruel to get that glimmer of hope from the early test - I guess it should make us more resolved to send in the pee-stick police  ^police^ and remember the evils of early testing.

I'm on a pc at work which needs a new graphics card so everything is a bit fuzzy, I stared at your post, wondering why you wanted two 'cubes' like Jayne's!  Had she had a trip to Ikea?  ??? Totally agree on the 'cuties' though, you only have to look at those little faces to see they are very lucky, and happy, boys (though not on this particular computer).

Aarggh I'm nervous about blood test tomorrow, well results on Friday anyway.  Maybe I should just not phone for them?  I'd rather have a little hope a little longer.. but going to a bbq Saturday night so could have a drink if it's bad news.. woops must repeat Katie/Michael Winner (I hate him!) mantra:  "calm down dear!"  ^spin^

love to everyone,
Caroline xxx 

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi everyone...I've never posted on this thread before but wanted to come and say hello to you.

Alex reading your post made me remember my HSG, I was told that it would only be painful when the dye passed through my tubes.  I was chatting away to a nurse the whole time it was being done and it got really excruciating and I thought I had a high pain threshold.  I had tears running down my face but wasn't crying if you know what I mean...but was going ouch that hurts lol (at the time it wasn't funny though) well both my tubes were blocked so don't know what could have caused me so much pain... I don't know if it was the balloon they pump up in your cervix or if it was the witchdoctor  ;D trying to force something into my tube when it definitely wasn't going, but it wasn't a pleasant experience.  Saying that I would do it again if I had to.  I can't believe your Dr left the speculum in...reminded me of my sister telling me about a smear test she had, the dr put the spec in turned round to get something and the spec fell down towards the bed a bit and had caught her pubes on the way....lol she said she said ouch with the pain and he was most apologetic but I laughed and laughed...I bet they were both embarrassed after that.

I'm single and had ICSI using donor sperm - my clinic told me that with frozen sperm its best to do ICSI - I'm thinking they just wanted an extra £1000 though cos seems like most people do IVF.  Well I shouldn't grumble though and I'm not really because it worked for me and I am now 18 weeks pregnant.  Just hope that gives some of you hope.

I wish you all the best of luck with your tx and really hope there is lots of good news on here this month.

Take care all
Love Zoe x

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi All,

Jayne2 - Good luck for tomorrow  ^goodluck^

Sinny - Hope everything went well today.  ^2ww^

Zoe - Hello. So nice to hear about your pregnancy ^clapping^. ICSI has never been discussed in our case. What's involved? I'm on my third natural IUI cycle.

Caroline - Hope the blood test tomorrow goes well and it's postive news on Friday. If it wasn't for me asking to have the test done this time I don't think they would have bothered. Sure they would if we weren't self-funding! ^furios^

DH is enjoying his new job as it's good having him home every night. He's also doing my waistline good ^scales^as I never bothered making my lunch for work and would go to the shops spending more than I needed to and being tempted by CHOCOLATE!! I've been having wholemeal pitta sandwiches every day this week with fruit and I've lost a pound so far. Who needs Paul McKenna!!!

Hi Alex, Marie, Wolla, Jayne, Jules, Misty and everyone else.

Katie xx

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Katie - well done on the weight loss - like men say "an inch is an inch" we say "a pound is a pound!!".  BTW, im confused with your tickers - which ones right??

Marielou - good to see you back and on form again - yes HSg was awful but hey ho. cramps have got better but have started bleeding again today, only bled a little after the op and nothing since except today and its quite a bit.  Spoke to nurse who said to keep an eye on it and if it gets worse call them again.  I spoke to my SIL whose a nurse and she told me to complain esp as it was BUPA - dont see the point really as others must of complained b4 me for me doctor to warn me about them!

Caroline - so wishing you lots of luck for your test tomorrow. I know what you mean about levesl cos if its crap you kinda know its all over.  YOU WILL BE FINE I PROMISE!!!!

Sinny - hope the basting goes fine.

Im thinking of having my hair highlighted too!  I am naturally a mousy brown but its more auburn at the mo but fancy having blond bits put in - have grown it quite a lot since last year when it was v short and have just got over that "inbetween" stage so not sure what to do with it now?????

Well i had a call today to say the money has been sorted out as i wanted to have it all done b4 we started tx as did not want the added pressure of having to find an extra £1000 each month. 

Off to make myself a nice chicken salad for tea as got on the scales this morning and am the heaviest i have EVER been!!! So no more choc, bread or potatoes - well just a little nibble of a double decker if im good....... ::)

Hope everyone else is fine, Wolla, Jayne, Nat et al

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Caroline - Don't phone about the test results on Friday - that's easier said than done though isn't it.  My clinic never did a progesterone test, and I think I'm glad!  Bet everything will be okay  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
My PC at work has just been replaced and I'm looking at everything now on a fabby LCD screen :) It's cool and I keep touching it to make the crystal stuff move around  ;D  Hope I don't break it!  :eek:

Marielou - That's okay hun, I don't mind you being my stalker  ;D  The thing is, it's not so much that I'd love a third little one (of course that would be excellent), but the thing that hurts me so much is that I don't have the option to try anymore.  The change in the law pretty much put the lid on that for me  :-\  I know there are people who would say, ah well, go for it anyway, but I couldn't do that to Jack and Ben for reasons previously said.  But hey, I realise how lucky I am to be where I am with my boys, and I hope with all my heart you get a couple of cuties of your own very soon  :-*  Because, you know, I'd rather you and so many others have that first baby, way more than me to ttc another. 
Why is it money worries always hit you late at night, and yep, they do always seem worse then too  :-\ 

Jih - Hi Jayne  :)  Great to hear from you.  Wishing you loads of luck for EC tomorrow.  Hope you get some lovely eggies  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Zoe - Hello and welcome  :)  I will add you to our list  :)  Congrats on your pg  :)
LMAO at your sister's speculum story  ;D ;D  Bet it was so embarassing though  :-[ ;D

Katie - Well done on the weight loss  :)  I need to follow your example!  But instead went for a scrummy working lunch today and had spit roast chicken with chips and salad and profiteroles for afters  ;D  It was YUM!  ;D 

Alex - Oooo, you're being good and dieting too.  I really must start (again!) soon  ;D

I hilighted and tint coloured my hair all the way through my pregnancies.  My midwife, doctor and hairdresser all said it was fine, so I did it.  Seems to be very conflicting advice on this one, and I suppose it's another of those things where you just have to make a personal choice that's right for you. 

Awww, you're all so lovely saying such nice things about me and my boys  :)  Of course I agree that they are little cuties too, but I'm biased  ;D 

Love

Jayne x  ^fairydust^

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi everyone
Thanks for all the words of support.  The basting went well today pretty painless.  

Caroline lots of luck with test tomorrow.  Looking for a  ^BFP^ Friday

Jayne2 good luck with EC.   ^reiki^  ^reiki^

I am contemplating whether to take the next couple of days off or not.  I was told to take it easy for a few days and my job can involve quite a bit of physical work.  I don't want to jeopordise the treatment but I don't want to throw a sicky.  There is no available leave.   I know I will feel really guilty if I end up doing something in work and i get a  ^BFN^ .  I think I should do a Michael winner " Calm down dear" it's only a basting!

Testing 25th MAy.  Officially on  ^2ww^

Hi to Alex, Katie, Marie and everyone else.

Any tips on getting through 2ww

Sinny
x

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Sinny, welcome to the 2ww!  ^2ww^ Could you make an excuse not to do any heavy physical work, like your back hurts a bit?  You don’t want to overdo it but taking time off work seems a bit of a waste of your holidays.. what do you do?

You know, Jayne, I got home from work and suddenly made the decision NOT to phone for progesterone results!  The thing is, I’m not finding the 2ww difficult, I kind of feel quite calm about that, and for some reason I can’t fathom I can imagine me doing a hpt and getting BFP more than I can imagine getting a high progesterone level on Friday.  Mostly I just want to hang onto that hope and if it’s BFN then I won’t have so long to wait til the next cycle.  I’m sure doc will contact me if he wants to.

Good luck for EC, Jayne2  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^goodluck^

Alex, I thought men said an inch was 2 inches!  ;D The blond highlights sound good and it really suits you that length… a pic in the gallery, maybe?  ^Queen^ I did try to post some wedding pics but it didn’t work, not sure why.

Bleurrgh don’t mention chocolate.. Since being ill on Monday I haven’t been eating much, all I had at work was an avocado and 2 hard boiled eggs (I was making egg sandwiches for DD last night as she grew some cress) so in M&S on the way home I bought a ‘Mochaccino Lolly Choc’ which I just ate and I regret it as it was v sickly, serves me right.  :-\

Zoe, smear story!  ;D ;D I love embarrassing stories.. I did hear about a woman who was worrying about personal hygiene so went to the loo just before her smear and wiped herself with a tissue from her handbag.  Then during the smear the doc got tweezers and produced.. a postage stamp!  I also heard about someone else having a condom fished out, blimey  :-[ (well that won’t be happening to us anyway).

love Caroline xxx

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi all,
I'm normally on another thread but thought I'd butt in as I read that some of you had recent hsg's! I had mine today! I found the whole thing quite embarrasing really!!  :) The actual process wasn't too bad, but am having cramping pains this evening. Did anyone else get that? How long did it last? I've taken 2 ibuprofens, but can still feel the pains! I am now panicking that they've left the inflatable balloon up there!  ;D I found the worse bit of it all was the moment the dye was added. Good news though - both tubes clear and normal - hoorah!
Alex, sounds as if we are about at the same timings for treatment - I go for a diui planning appt next tuesday!
Bye for now,
Sarah

·
Registered
543 Posts
Good morning everyone,  well it looks like the sun is threatening to come out here and its not even 9am so might be a nice day.

Katie hi, awww thank you.  ICSI is where they inject a single sperm into an egg, it is supposed to bring about a higher rate of fertilisation.  I don't have any proof of that though as it was my first attempt.  Out of 19 eggs they injected only 8 fertilised, so thinking about it, it probably was the best decision that the prof made.  Good luck with your IUI.  I really hope you get a positive this tx.

Jayne hi and thank you for the warm welcome and the congrats.  Yes my sister was dead embarrassed.  Its hard enough to psyche yourself up for a smear at the best of times, but after that experience she didn't want to go back...although she's over that now. 

Hi Caroline, omg a postage stamp, how embarrassing lol are you sure it wasn't you  ;D only joking.  How on earth that other woman didn't know about the condom, its funny though.

Hi Sarah, sorry I'm not going to be any help on this matter.  I can't really remember how I was pain wise after my HSG, I remember being off work for a week but I think that was all to do with the news I got I wasn't expecting.  Really glad to hear that you had good news and your tubes are clear.
Good luck with your planning appt next Tuesday.

Take care all
Love Zoe x

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.