BethB - DIUI

Berrygirl - HyCoSy 11 May then DIUI

Blueeyes - Awaiting dh's SSR

CharlieL - DIUI

Colly - DIVF

Deb30 - DIUI

Eileenh - DIUI

Fizz - Considering DIUI.

Helsbels - Considering DIUI, and possibly known donor.?

Herbaltea - DIUI July

Hobbs - Clomid then DIUI

Jih - Considering stimulated DIUI.

Jules1 - Consultant appointment 25 July to discuss options.?

KatieMaria - DIUI

Kellyhop - DIVF planning appointment at Kings on 13 June

KLT - DIUI

LiziBee -? 1/2 ICSI & 1/2 DIVF hoping to cycle in the summer.

Mandao - DIVF

Marielou - DIUI

Misty - DIUI

Mossie - DIVF

Nat34 - DIUI

Nismat - DIUI - Late June/Early July

Oonagh - DIUI July

rsmit02 - DIUI - Waiting for AF

Rubyroo - Half ICSI and half DIVF, hopefully in July.?

Sinbad - DIVF

Sinny - DIUI

TinaK - DIUI

VivienneF - DIUI in August

Wolla - DIUI - fingers crossed for August

Precious Cargo On Board? ?^clapping^

Josie - DIUI - EDD 13/10/05? ?^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Clare - DIUI -? EDD 01/12/05? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Trixie - DI - EDD ?? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

CarenB - DIUI - EDD ??? ?^congrats^? ^cloud9^

ZoeP - ICSI with Donor - EDD??? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Sweetcaroline - DIUI - First scan 6 June? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Gwendolyn - DIVF - EDD ??? ?^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Our Miracle is Here? ^babycrawl^

Ali - Proud mummy to Cameron (DIVF)
Jayne - Proud mummy to Jack and Ben (DIUI)
JulesUK- Proud mummy to Katelyn (DI)
Sweetcaroline - Proud mummy to Sophie (natural miracle)
Tracey - Proud mummy to Maxwell (DIVF)

Please let me have any additions/amendments to the above list? :)

--------------------------------------

Hi all? :)

Vivienne - Welcome aboard? :)? I have added you to our list.? Wishing you lots of luck? ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hels Bels - Welcome to you :) Wishing you lots of luck in whichever route you take for your donor? ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Tina - Welcome to you also :)? I know people on the boards who have got pg with natural DIUI, so fingers crossed it works for you.? Good luck? ^reiki^ ^reiki^

KatieMaria - Great news about your appointment.? Hope your chest infection gets better soon.?

Alex - I'm sorry, I can't be of any help with advice on your levels, my clinic never gave me such detailed information and I was too naieve about treatment at the time to even ask!? I hope things will be okay for you though? ^reiki^ ^reiki^? Have a fabby time at Glastonbury? :)

Marie and Nat - Thinking of you both and sending huge? ^Cuddle^? Can't get either of you out of my mind and so wish it could be different for you both.?

Love and babydust to you all.? May all your dreams come true.

Love

Jayne x? ^fairydust^

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Morning All,

Hope you are all okay  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I am feeling more positive today (told you more upbeat postings!!!) and the sun is shining here in Sunny Wales  ^sunny^ ^sunny^ so we are off to do a car boot this afternoon in the hope we can (A) clear out the back bedroom and (B) make loads of money......  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Still no sign of AF but Ruth advises that after FET it can take 3-4 days to appear so looks like today  ::) ::) ::) hmmm looking forward to that!

Alex - hope you have a great time in Glastonbury - hope the weather will be kind to you today!

Marie - how are you doing?  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Jayne - thanks for your kind words as always and the updated list - Is it me or is that Precious Cargo on Board list looking decidingly healthier!!!

We WILL all get there I am sure!!!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love to everyone as always.....

Nat x

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
hi everyone,

Sorry i havn't posted in a while but my mums been in hospital, she's had breast cancer for the last 18 months and has been in and out of hospital with some really bad infections since she had her lump removed last march, that has really been the reason that we have left it till now to consider trying again.

The day she got the all clear back in april was the day i called the hospital for the  initial appointment but when we were due to go back for the semen analysis results she was rushed back in. The thing that was making me feel worse was that she was due to go on holiday with 3 of her sisters when she was in the hospital, she missed the start of it but she managed to get away for 3 days with them in lanzarote

And if that wasn't enough at the moment we are waiting to see the councillor at the hospital and she has been off sick for the last few weeks, we could se another councillor but she knows nothing about infertility and because of the nature of our councelling we couldn't see her anyway.  

So now waiting to call the hospital this week as they said she is due back tomorrow so hopefully can make an appt to see her

We are going away for 3 weeks in august to d'hs family home in ireland to see all of our friends.  

i've had my rant for today and feel a lot better, saw mum yesterday and she looks great.  

deborahx

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome to the thread,

Firstly Marie and Nat, so sorry to hear about your BFNs. Although I am fairly new to the site you have both given me advice which is so appreciated. I can't imagine what you are both going through, so find it hard what to say but am thinking of you and DH's.

Marie - thanks for  your thoughts re donor sperm. I have ordered the book from Amazon and am looking into getting some counselling. Hopefully this will help us to make the right decision over the next few months.

Caroline - belated congrats on your pregnancy. Wishing you a healthy happy 9 months.....Have found the other thread you mentioned - loads of the issues I have are discussed on there, so will have a good read through. Its quite interesting that lots of people have initially thought about asking DH's brother. I know what you mean about 'better the devil you know' - I do feel this, but in our case it is DH that feels more strongly about this.

Katie - thanks again for your message.

Hope you all enjoy whats left of the weekend. Its sunny again here!  :)
lots of love
Helen
xx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Hello,

I wish I could say I felt more positive - but I just can't pull myself out of this one.  I feel so sad and can't seem to think positive at all.  Nearly did something silly last night  :-[ but luckily Mark found me in time.  Won't be doing anything like that again.  :-[ :-[    I don't want to say anything too soon - but I do think we will be taking a long break, and we are considering giving up altogether.  I just can't do this anymore.  I think if I tell myself I hate children, one day this pain will leave, and I'll start to believe it, so thats the way I'm going for now.  ;) 

Hels Bels - Glad you found the book - hope it helps you.  ^afro^

Deb30 - So sorry to hear about your mum - wonderful news that she got the all-clear!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Hope you have your appt soon with your councellor, and that you're on the road to parenthood soon!

Natalie - Have a great time at the car boot today - I really need to do one, got sooo much I need to get rid of!  Enjpy the lovely weather - its lovely here too, so think I'll spend the day in the garden.  ^sunny^ ^sunny^

Jayne - Thank you for another fab list, and for the lovely words ^hugme^ Can't wait to meet you in 2 weeks time!

Well, we've set about doing our garden up - it had an old outhouse right at the very back, which we have knocked down, and we plan to use the area (a nice sun trap) as a BBQ area, with a bench and tables, as well as sun longers  ^sunny^ ^sunny^ so today, we're taking all thew bricks and rubble down to the skip, as we knocked the outhouse down on friday.  Next doors 7 year old asked what an outhouse is for, so I told him in the 'olden' days, noone had toilets indoors, and had to go to the garden to have a wee, in the outhouse.  Deadpan, he looked at me and said 'What, when you were young?'  ;D ^roflmao^ ;D  Well, at least he made me laugh! Forgodsakes, I'm only 23! 

Marie xx

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Wolla, I’m so sorry to hear about DH’s Dad - that must have been a horrendous shock if he was only taken ill at the beginning of the week. Love to you and DH  ^hugme^

Deb, sorry to hear your Mum has been so ill, but good news that she’s on the road to recovery.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Marie, I was so sad to read your post but it’s natural that you should be grieving right now.  It’s awful how IF becomes part of who you are and can chip away at the carefree, happy person you were.  And having a baby is the only real way to fix that, so don’t give up, you’re too young to believe it’s all over for you.  Don’t be too hard on yourself for the bitterness you feel, I’m sure everyone has been there and we still think you’re great.  You’ve had so much to deal with lately, it would knock anyone for six.... oh have just seen your latest post, oh Marie.. don't do anything silly, Mark needs you.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Nat, the financial toll of your tx must be hard to bear when you don’t have a positive result yet but you’re not dull and I’m sure DH isn’t either!  Good luck in seeking out a new clinic.  ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^

Hello and welcome, Tina.  ^gossip^ A lot of clinics don’t do natural cycles but mine wanted to do 3 before considering meds.  I don’t want to go on about it when we’ve had such bad luck on the thread this week but I did have ‘beginner’s luck’ so have a little faith and think of the lovely break from drugs you’ll be giving your body.  Best of luck!  ^goodluck^

Hope you’re having a good time at Glastonbury, Alex, you rock chick - I admire you for getting down n’ dirty, I’m too much of a wuss about portaloos etc!  ^twitch^

Lots of love to everyone and a special group hug  ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^
Caroline xxxxx

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hello Ladies,

Natalie - Really sorry about your bfn, had my fingers crossed as always, but so pleased you were feeling a little better, hope this continues.

Marie - my heart goes out to you and i wish I could say something inspirational to you, but there really isn't anything at the moment only to say that you will get through this with the love and support of Mark. Please do not expect too much too soon from yourself. We all know the complete devastation that can consume you.

Just something else to think about - when dh and I first set out on the fertility rollercoaster we chose the diui, partly because my thinking was that there was nothing "wrong" with me (dh= failed vasec reversal) and partly because consultant recommended this first. However the stats I was told about at the time were only 15-19% success rate (consultant said general population has approx 9% chance of conceiving naturally so I thought we were better off anyway) However with ivf the success rate rises to approx 35%.

After 8 attempts with diui we were successful and everyday I am thankful that after finally getting pregnant I did not suffer a miscarriage. DS is now nearly 2yrs and I am a week into my buserelin injections for divf in which I am egg-sharing. Because dh has ds we were not eligible for any nhs funding so I know the expense of so many cycles. We chose to go down the egg-share route this time to increase our chances of a bfp, help another couple in the process and still, roughly, pay the same amount as if we were using diui.

This may not be the most appropriate time and I am sorry that I do not know you ladies histories, but expense has been mentioned several times and I was just wondering if this would be a viable option for you to consider when you are strong enough.

Very best wishes to you all, stay strong

Amanda xx

·
Registered
193 Posts
Dear Marie,

I think at some stage we've all felt like that as I know I have so don't feel bad or the odd one out just look at all you've been through so far and take some time out for yourselves. I think you know though that deep down how ever much you try and tell you self you hate children it's not going to make you stop wanting one and I myself got to the stage where I felt someone had stolen my dreams from me as I also just couldn't picture me and DP ever having a baby and here I am now 18 weeks pregnant!
It does work though why it seems to work quicker for some and not others I don't know and everyone on here knows how much you and mark deserve to be parents.We all know you'd make smashing parents and any baby you conceive in the future will be a lucky child to have both of you as there parents.So please don't give up hope just yet as you are still really young and I really do believe that it will happen for you both (I just wish it could be sooner rather than later!)But for now take the time out and enjoy yourself,do things together that you use to enjoy and treat each other as we all go through so much with the treatment that we all deserve that.As for nearly doing something silly I'll be the first to admit that at times I've also nearly done that but then I think about what I'd be leaving behind and I know that your a stronger person than that.Just take each day as it comes and believe me when I say if you are feeling at your lowest now and you can't go any lower than the only way you can go is up and you will get there.We're all here for you so come on any time and have a moan as we've all been there.(Could I suggest both you and mark go see a counselor as you've had so much bad stuff happening just lately and a outsiders point of view can sometimes make you see things more clearly when the only voice you can hear is your own negative one.

Love Clare xx

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
they have cancelled my cycle  :'(  my lining and follies have gone smaller and hormone levels dropped yet again.
i feel like ive wasted the last 2 months of my life and £1000 for nothing.  26 days of injections and gow knows how many blood tests and scans for bugger all.
ive spent most of the day crying my eyes out and feel like jacking it all in and going off on one long holiday.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Alex - I am so so sorry to hear about your cycle  ^hugme^

Have they any explanation as to why you did not react well to the drugs?

Hope they can give you some info and support.  ^reiki^

We are all here for you  ^Heart^ Shout if you need anything ( I have had a cycle abandoned and I know how much you are hurting right now)

With love,

Nat xxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Marie - I have IM'd you.  Please know that I am always here for you if you need me.  I am happy to give you my number if you want.  Looking forward to meeting up with you on the 9th. 

Alex - I'm so sorry  ^hugme^  It's natural that you're going to feel so devastated and upset right now, but please remember that you gave this your absolute best shot, and couldn't have done anything differently.  You had to go for all those scans, blood tests, etc. as they are the stepping stones to your dream.  You've fallen of the stones this time, but I know you are strong and given time can get back up and make the journey again.  A poor response this time to the drugs does not mean a poor response next time.  Sending lots of love and hugs.  If you want to chat, give me a shout. 

Love to you all  :-*

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Alex, I'm so very sorry to hear about this cycle - it's been a gruelling slog for you and I hoped it would be worth it.  I hope you get some valuable info and advice from your clinic on how best to proceed when you feel up to it.  I really admire the strength and determination you have shown over the months and I'm sure you'll soon be fighting again but now is the time for some tears and lots of TLC.  Love and hugs to you and DH.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^Heart^ ^Heart^ ^Heart^

Marie, how are you doing sweetie?  We're here for you when you're ready.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Lindsay, not long to go now, keep away from the pee sticks til Saturday!  ^2ww^  ^police^

Lots of love to everyone and a special wish for happier times just around the corner.  ^rainbow^
Caroline xxxx

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Alex - I am so sorry your cycle has been abandoned.  Take care of yourself, and I'm sure you'll be feeling strong enough to give it another go soon enough. Big hugs xx

Marie - hope you're doing ok.

Hi to everyone else

Wolla
x

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
well my body is all to boot?  Period arrived this am albeit very light???

On a positive note we have now booked to visit Germany and Italy for a week in a few weeks time.  Cant wait.

Hope everyone else is doing fine - i feel tons better than i did yesterday - you cant keep me down for long!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Marie - you said it yourself, you're only 23, you've still got so much time on your side. Don't give up and do anything silly. Your time will come. I'm sure your ^holiday^ will refresh you and you'll come back fighting. ^hugme^

Wolla - so sorry to hear about your DFIL. Deepest sympathy to you, DH and his family. ^hugme^

Alex - so sorry this cycle has been cancelled after all the tests and drugs you have been having. Don't think of it as a waste of time and money as I'm sure the results will be taken into consideration next time to prevent the same thing happening. Glad you're feeling better today. How was Glastonbury? Who did you see/hear play? Caught Keane on the TV singing Bedshaped-fab.

Helen - thank you for your reply. All the best. x

Deborah - Hope your Mum is much better now and you get to see the councillor soon.

Lindsay - hope your 2ww is going well. ^reiki^ for Saturday. ^police^ Don't be tempted.

Hi Jayne, Caroline, Nat, Clare, Amanda & everyone else. xx

I'm still waiting for my laparoscopy appointment but life is pretty busy so it keeps my mind off the wait. Medication finished this morning for chest infection but it hasn't gone completely. I'm just wondering if I may have developed slight hayfever. Guess I'll have to go back to the ^doc^ if it doesn't get better.

Take care everyone. ^fairydust^
Katie xx

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Glastonbury was ace, saw Keane, Coldplay, some others in the dance tent that i did not know, lots of mud, drunken, off their heads people.

Fortunately DH knows the organisers so slept in luxury and had access to proper loos and showers!  Too old to slum it nowadays!

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Hi All,

I am after a bit of advice. You will see from my signature. I have a bit of history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Dh has announced that he thinks we should look into DIUI as we are at the end of our IVF journey. I saw the doctor today and he said that IVF had better success rates, which we knew, but our thinking is that if it takes and average 9 attempts to get a postitve with IUI (that's what he said)  then does that mean that if we go for natural DIUI we can have a go every month, or do you need time off between treatments?

i know the success rate is lower than IVF, but you can only have 3 to 4 cycles of IVF a year and with IUI you can have 12, so surely on that basis there is a higher chance of getting a positive result?

I also have a bicorniate uterus, so don't know if i can get pregnant "naturally"

i'm open to sugestions

Thanks

Fiona

p.s Caroline, i may be in touch as my DH may want/need to speak to your DH, is this ok with you?

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Hi All,

My  ^2ww^ is going very slowly, thanks for asking.
I had a really bad weekend as my best friend and his wife os 3 months announced they had just got a  ^BFP^ I have tried so hard to be happy for them but I just feel so jealous of them ad just want to crt and stamp my feet and say it's not your turn!!
I feel like a complete cow.
Anyway only 3 days left to go and to be honest AF should probably arrive Thursday or Friday anyway.

Good luck to everyone else and so sorry to hear about the  ^BFN^.

Lindsay xx

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lindsay - just a quick note to say you are not a cow in any way for feeling the way you do - it is all natural and only to be expected. I am sure all of the ladies here know just how you are feeling and have felt the same at some point, I know I certainly have on numerous occasions (even against my baby brother who managed to have 3 children before me). Keep your chin up and just think about how special your child will be when your time arrives.

Best wishes,
Amanda xx

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi there everyone

Just to say hello and that my thoughts are with you all.

I can’t post or catch up these days as computer at home has died and no money for a new one! I Can only catch up when borrowing MIL’s Laptop

Congratulations to Gwen I remember when you were so low at Xmas and never believed you would ever be pregnant!

Wolla- so sorry to hear of all the sad news about your father in law

Marie and Lindsey and Nat- I so sympathise with your feelings of anger and sadness when others fall pregnant along with the emotional and financial cost of IF. You just think what have we done to deserve this. But it is just the unfairness of life, at least we have our loving partners to share the pain. I just feel that I am not me anymore I feel that my personality and my life is defined by our infertility!

Caroline you are my inspiration- just hope I get some of your beginners luck!!

We are hoping to start DIUI when money and emotions allow. I'm so frightened about sperm availability. The nurse at the clinic sounded very pessimistic about our chances. Is the situation really so bad??

I have just spent an hour catching up with all your posts it is impossible to catch up with you all. Please don’t be upset if I haven’t mentioned you I have got a very poor memory

Good luck to all of you cycling
Much love
xxx

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.