BettyB - DIVF

Blueeyes - DIUI

CharlieL - DIUI

ejsmith2 - DIUI

Fizz - Considering DIUI.

Georgiepie - DIVF

Gwendolyn - DIVF

jih - DIVF

Helsbels - Considering DIUI, and possibly known donor.

Herbaletea - DIUI

Hippy - Considering the donor route.

JennyPenny - DIUI

Jules1 - Considering options.

KatieMaria - DIUI

Kellyhop - DIVF

KLT - DIUI

Misty - DIUI

Mossie - DIVF

Natalie34 - DIUI

Oonagh - DIUI

Rach - DIUI

Rubyroo - Half ICSI half DIVF

rsmit02 - DIUI

Sinbad - DIVF

Sinny - DIUI

SuziT - DIUI

Sweetie21 - DIUI

Tibbelt - DIUI

TinaK - DIUI

Tawny - DIUI

Wolla - DIUI

Precious Cargo On Board ^clapping^

Josie - DIUI - EDD 13/10/05 ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Clare - DIUI - EDD 01/12/05 ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Trixie - DI - EDD ? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

CarenB - DIUI - EDD ? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

ZoeP - ICSI with Donor - EDD ? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Sweetcaroline - DIUI - EDD 26 Jan ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Colly - DIVF - EDD 6 Feb ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Eileenh - DIUI - EDD ? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Mandao (Amanda) - DIVF - EDD ? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

VivienneF - DIUI - EDD 18 May ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

LiziBee - 1/2 ICSI & 1/2 DIVF - EDD ? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Never Forgotten Angels ^angel^

Gwendolyn - DIVF ^angel^
Marielou - DIUI ^angel^ Charlie

Our Miracle is Here ^babycrawl^

Ali - Proud mummy to Cameron (DIVF)
Jayne - Proud mummy to Jack and Ben (DIUI)
JulesUK- Proud mummy to Katelyn (DI)
Struthie - Proiud mummy to Steven (natural miracle)
Sweetcaroline - Proud mummy to Sophie (natural miracle)
Tracey - Proud mummy to Maxwell (DIVF)
Viviennef - Proud mummy to Jamie (DIVF)

Please let me have any additions or amendments to the above list :)
----------------------

Nismat/Tina - So very sorry you didn't get the results you so deserved. Huge hugs ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Tamsin - Fantastic that you are going again straight away :) Wishing you so much luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Vic - Oh, what a difficult situation to be in with your friend :( I had to watch a good friend of mine go for a termination before I ever got pg, and we knew dh had azoospermia at the time, but we hadn't started treatment. It was awful, and I still remember the pain I felt to this day. So very hard to be supportive to a friend and cover the emotions you are feeling in such a situation. She and her dh were also incredibly dismissive about it all (I can't even post some of the things they said - way too distressing) and they went on to conceive another baby less than a year later which they did keep. So, I do know how you are feeling on this one.

Hippy - Welcome to the thread. So very sorry to read about all you and your dh have been through. Wishing you lots of luck in your decision making processes and for any future treatment.

Alex - Fantastic follie news :) Sending lots of follie growing vibes your way ^reiki^ ^reiki^ (well, not too many though, as don't wnat you over stimming! :eek: ;D ).

Marielou - Thinking of you :-* Wishing you all the luck in the world for this cycle ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Anne - Blimey, this cycle is keeping you on your toes isn't it? Fingers crossed for you that all goes to plan now on Monday and you can have your IVI.

Pickolata - The 2ww is hell isn't it. Fingers crossed tightly for you for your blood test ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hobbs - Hiya stranger :) Wishing you loads of luck for your road to adoption. I am sure there are some little ones out there (or soon to be out there) that will be very proud to have you and your dh as their mummy and daddy. Will be keeping an eye on you over on the adoption thread ;) Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love and babydust to you all.

Jayne x ^fairydust^

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Hi everyone,

As it's a new thread I can't refer back to everyone's messages so just wanted to send lots of  ^fairydust^ and  ^reiki^  ^reiki^ to everyone cycling and on the  ^2ww^.

(Preg bit) Got some bad news this morning, one of the girls I went through the 2ww wait with and who also got a BFP got her 9 week scan and found out the baby's heartbeat had stopped. I just feel so sad for her and have been feeling so down all day. I'm also now terrified as it's my scan tomorrow and I'm just so worried that the same thing will happen to me. I feel selfish for thinking about myself when she's going through hell but I just don't think I could cope if I lost this baby. Sorry to be on such a downer especially when everyone here is having a rough time. Just had to get that out. Will post tomorrow after the scan, just praying it's good news. (End preg)

Viv xx

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Jayne - Testing this Tuesday, 18th Oct (if I don't completely lose it before then! ^idiot^)
Hobbs - long time no see. Good luck on your journey ^hugme^
Vic - don't feel bad honey, its natural to feel that way.

Got to go - DH is serving dinner!! Will be sure to let you know how Tuesday goes.
Lots of love
Lizi xxxxx

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
hi everyone,

lizzi - best of luck for tomorrow, ive got another week still to wait and on day 11 today.

viv - try not to worry too much, esier said than done i know.

vic - i dont know if i could be as strong as u right now.

good luck to all of the cyclers and my fellow 2wwrs

deborahxx

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hello,

Viv - Im sure everything will be fine, sending you lots of :-*

Anne - How was today, are you ready yet girl. Didnt see you at clinic. :'(

Fingers crossed to all the 2ww, lets have BFP this month.

Im on Day 10 Right folly 14mm. Back in Wednesday for possible basting.

Soon to be on the 2ww again ^idiot^

Im not sure about other clinics but Newcastle is offering FREE reflexology treatments from the 21st of November for anyone undergoing fertility treatment.You get six sessions. Dont know whether you have already seen this Anne.

Love Bronte xx ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Hello,

Sorry for being AWOL, been down with family this week, which has been lovely.  :)  Sad to come home, really!
I can't post much, I got attacked last week, and have badly hurt my eye.  My attacker was ..... Morgan, my 3 week old niece.  :eek:  She was crying, I picked her up, and she thought I was going to drop her (probably noticed the 'L' plates on my back) and she flung her arms in the air ..... scratching me right in the eye.  It bl**dy hurts! 
I had to go to the eye casalty today, as I'm still in so much pain, apparently I am an infected cornea from the scratch, so I have some cream, and a very flattering eye patch!  Can hardly see a thing, in fact its hurting me to look at the PC with the other eye, so I'll not be back for a while.

Had a scan at the clinic, should be having my bastings over the weekend.

Bronte ~ wow, you grow follies quick! We started AF around the same time, and I'm only cd8!!  :eek:   I always ov cd14, which is Sunday.  :)

Tracey ~ Lovely to speak to you the other day.  :)

Marie xx

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Hobbs, sweetie, lovely to hear from you, even if you are leaving our thread. ^missyou^ You have made a brave decision and the fact you're feeling relieved shows it was the right one. It seems ages ago that we discussed asking BILs to be donors, a lot of agonising has gone on since then - I hope you can get everything in motion asap.. I'll try to keep up with the adoption thread to see how you're getting on. ^goodluck^

Good luck for tomorrow, Lizi - I will be nervous to come online, hope so much it's good news. ^goodluck^ ^2ww^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Marie, poor you, your eye sounds painful. ^eyes^ Who would have thought a 3-week old could do so much damage? :eek: Good luck for the weekend. ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Vic, you sound like a great friend - it must be hard to be there for her in the circumstances.

[Preg bit] Viv, sorry to hear about your friend, that's horrible news. It's awful to think of things going wrong at any stage, and of course you will be worrying about your scan today. Look forward to hearing it was ok though ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ [end preg bit].

Thinking of you 2ww-ers, as well as everyone soon to join them. ^2ww^

Love Caroline xxx

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hi Vic - I am back on Wednesday for another scan. I also have a right sided folly this month. Last month i was about 22mm before i ovulated, but i had been inseminated twice by then.
My cycle is around 27 to 28 days so i usually ovulate around day 12 13.

I can already feel the nerves starting up again so i will probably be just as  ^idiot^ as last month.

Marie - Hope your eye is better soon hun, All you need is a parrot and you can be a pirate ;D

Love to everyone else ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^

Bronte xx

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Vic - great news - good luck for the end of the week - lets hope this is the final cycle for you.    ^fairydust^

Caroline - hope your pg is progressing ok.     ^pinkted^ ^blueted^

marielou - glad you had a nice time with your family - hope things are better at home??  What a tinker your niece is, little monkey!!!  Good luck for the end of this week too and ditto my comment to Vic for you!!!

Bronte - good luck for weds. hope it all goes ok - your follies do grow quick, i was day 10 on friday and only had a 10mm!!!

Hello to everyone else and hope things are going fine for you and good luck to those in the 2WWxxx

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Hope not Vic - i've been the same - very tearful with DH and sooo impatient - well more so than usual  ;D  Fell like  ^bigbad^ DH when he does something wrong, which at the moment is every 10 seconds!!!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Hi everyone,

(Preg bit) Just a quick me post. Everything went fine at the scan today. I was absolutely terrified going in and could hardly focus on the screen but baby is doing well so that is a big relief. I'm now on the countdown to the 12 week scan. I wish I could have one every day  ^idiot^.(End Preg)

Will try to catch up more tomorrow,

Viv xx

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hello Ladies,

Wow - so many 2wws! Where did you all come from?! Good luck to you all - then we can run the precious-cargo- on-board ragged for a change!

Viv - So pleased for you, I know exactly how you were feeling as that was me last week!

Well I have just finished my 4 days of part time work and am now knackered! DH left DS up a little later tonight hoping I will get a lie in tomorrow - not holding my breath though!. Have to say I am recently suffering a rather erratic sleep pattern in which I am waking up a 3 and 4 am, having to read for 1-2 hours before dropping off again and being woken at 7.30 by DS, that combined with nausea, raging hormones and an ever growing teenager is not a great combination...ahh life!!!!!

Hugs and best wishes,
Amanda xx

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Hi everyone  :)

Viv - so pleased your scan went well hun.  Here's to a fabulous pregnancy ^drinks^ Enjoy it!

Alex and Vic - huge  ^Cuddle^ to you both.  I know that ^argue^ feeling well.  Hope you're both feeling brighter soon.

Vic - my cycles have been a bit all over the place but my recent cycle was 30 days and I seem to have ovulated day 18 so it was later than expected.  Good luck for this week.  I was starting to think my tx would be cancelled but then a follie woke up and grew from 11 to 18mm from Saturday to today. I had a pretty good idea yesterday that things were finally happening in there.   ^fairydust^

Bronte - you have super dooper charged follies hun - very jealous  ;) Just sent you an inane email and got in a bit of a muddle - so good luck for Wednesday petal, not tomorrow as I thought  ^idiot^  Can't believe you're about to start your second tx when I'm only just starting my first  ::)  Yeah I did notice about the free reflexology - sounds good for me although the price of my petrol for that journey would probably cost more than a reflexology treatment at the moment   ^bigbad^.  ^fairydust^

Lizi - on tenterhooks for you tomorrow petal.   ^reiki^ ^fairydust^

Marie aka Captain Hook - Welcome back!! Hope your eye is feeling better petal - poor you, seems these bubbas can be dangerous  ;) Good luck for the weekend hun  ^reiki^ ^fairydust^

Deborah - hope you're bearing up and the  ^2ww^ isn't driving you  ^idiot^  ^reiki^ ^fairydust^

Well back to the clinic again for me this morning and hurrah hurrah ^green apple^ ^willy nilly^ ^head spin^ a follie had grown to 18mm so I've finally had my IVI.  Going back tomorrow so that they can take another look just in case but I definitely think I've ovulated today.  Feel much calmer than I expected which isn't like me at all  ???  Maybe I'll get a delayed reaction  :-\  I guess I'm officially on the  ^2ww^ ^Congrats!^ so I'll soon me tearing my hair out  ;D

Hello and  ^Cuddle^ to all those I'm missed.

Anne xxx

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Anne - excellant news on the tx - good luck f0r the next 2 week honey!  Blimey what did you do at w/end to make them grow that quick!!!  Mine was 10mm on Friday so im hoping for it to be at least 14 or 15 by weds.

Viv - congratulations on the scan - you must be over the moon!!

Vic - normally the sperm is thawed in readiness for when you call the clinic - normally the day before and then its washed (for IUI) and then ready for you!  I';ve never bneen told to come in the following day after IUI - only to have the progesterone test done one week later.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Ladies

I was hoping some of you could answer some questions for me please? My hubby is azoo and we have had one failed ICSI cycle, we had to have sperm retrieval as well which didn't go well and all the sperm died.  :'( Were now going to have another go at ICSI but I've got a bad feeling about the sperm retrieval so I have been wondering about donor sperm?

How do you decide which donor to have?
What is the process of DIUI or DIVF?
How much does it cost if you go to a clinic?
How do your dear hubbies/partners feel about it (I haven't really broached the subject yet)?

I'm not really sure how I feel about it really, hubby has two children from a previous marriage so I'm unsure how he may feel about having someone elses sperm to have our baby?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Willow
xx

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Anne - great news - wow, you're officially on the 2ww. Really, really hope you get some beginner's luck hun  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Alex - am sending follie growing vibes to you.

Viv - glad the scan went well

Marie - I was worried there for a second when you said you'd been attacked - don't do that to us  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^.  Good to have you back though, and glad you had a good time with your family.

Hobbs - great to hear from you.  What a tough decision to have to make - sounds like it's absolutely the right one for you & DH though.  Best of luck with everything.

Just got back from a long weekend with the in-laws  :eek:  ^idiot^ ;D  Had a friend of DH's christening to go to yesterday - first viewing of 5 babies of various friends - so was a bit tense about that, then when we arrived at MIL's we found out that DH's brother's partner is 5 weeks pregnant (they're both well into their forties, and already have 2 (adorable) girls - so it was a big shock to everyone, including them).  We had already planned to visit them the following night, and feel awful now as I just couldn't be excited for them and they must think I'm a right cow (they don't know about IF) Kind of knocked me a bit for the whole weekend though - and DH dealt with it by just getting completely legless - which didn't help much!!  Although he has announced tonight that he's giving up beer and is now in the kitchen baking a cake - we'll see how long that one lasts eh  ::)

Oh - Willow, have just seen your post.  Welcome to the thread, although I really hope that hubby's sperm retrieval is successful.  To try and answer your questions:
Depends on your clinic - some give you a list with eye, hair colour etc and you choose, others take DH's details and choose for you.
Will let those who've had treatment explain the actual processes, as we've not actually got there yet.
I think it costs from around £400 up to £1,000 depending on whether you have a natural cycle, or medicated.
My DH was totally against it at first, but when we realised that it would be our only chance of ever having our own baby he started thinking about it, and after a while we made the decision to go ahead.  You do need to give yourself time to grieve the loss of your DH's biological child though, and it's really important to keep talking to each other and be honest about how you're feeling.
Wishing you the very best of luck whichever way you decide to go.

Hi to everyone else

Wolla
x
ps Jayne - I seem to appear twice on the list - I'm an inbetweenie at the mo' - cheers hun xx

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Alex - ooh my clinic has never mentioned a progesterone test, I don't think I get that. Isn't it weird how our clinics vary so much ??? I was very proud of my follie too - especially seeing as I'd given up hope. Go follies is all I can say ^pompom^

Hi Willow - welcome to the thread! :) Phew where to begin?! My DH and I also hoped to have ICSI but alas it wasn't to be :'( .
How do you decide which donor to have? When we made the decision to go ahead with DIVI our clinic gave us a list of 9 donors to choose from. They will test you for something called CMV (see earlier posts for further information on CMV because I can't even spell it ^idiot^ ) If you are CMV positive you can use a donor which is CMV positive or negative but if you are CMV negative you can only use a CMV negative donor
What is the process of DIUI or DIVF? The actual DIVI is painless and a little like having a smear test only not as uncmfortable. On day 10 of your cycle you are scanned to check to see if you are ovulating and then the actual DIVI is planned accordingly.
How much does it cost if you go to a clinic? We've been offered 6 DIVI attempts on the NHS so can't help you on that one, but I'm sure you'll find the info amongst previous posts
How do your dear hubbies/partners feel about it (I haven't really broached the subject yet)? Once we were told that our options were DIVI or adoption in our quest for a family, my DH actually accepted the thought of DIVI much easier than I did initially but after a lot of soul searching and lots of tears we are both very excited about our future family ^fingerscrossed^

Hope my answers help a little. I found and still do find the posts on this thread invaluable and hope you do
too.

^fairydust^ Anne x

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
hi everyone,

marie - glad to see u back, and hoping that your eye gets better soon

viv - wow, bet your soo excited.

lizzie - best of luck for tomorrow ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

bronte - best of luck for basting

vic - best of luck for your basting too, i didnt have to wait for the sperm to thaw although i did see a machine that looked like a thawer (it was a machine type thing that had spaces for test tubes) when i was waiting to be done, i was really surprised at how little sperm they used though, didnt look like a lot to me, but then ive never seen it contained in anything really, again good luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^, mines didnt ask for me to go in the following day, but they did do a blood test on the day i got my surge and asked me to call back later  that day to make sure that the basting was going ahead though, think they were measuring my hormone levels.

anne - am really excited for you and your 2ww, heres hoping theres lots of  ^BFP^s for us all on the 2ww.

willow - welcome, lovely name, dont be offended but i love it cos its my dogs name.
we didnt make the decision about the donor as im cmv negative and they had to get sperm in for me, the clinic did match him with my d.hs characteristics though, my clinic asked me to call them on day one of my period normally they would have asked me to go in for a scan that day but because i did not have my cmv results at that time they didnt bother with that, they then asked me to test with the opks and asked me to call them when i got my surge, i went into the clinic that day and had a blood test done and a scan done to measure the follie, they then asked me to call later that day to make sure the insemination was def taking place the following day, i then went in and was inseminated, am currently on day 11 of my 1st 2ww, will go back on the 24th for the test, and thats only if my a.f hasent arrived by then, although they still want to test even if it has.  i paid £485 and thats for everything on an unmedicated cycle.  we had already had 2 unsuccessful icsis so it had been something that we were aware of and knew we had the option of, my d/h was and is fine with it.  hope this helps.  best of luck with whatever you decide.

hope everyones well

deborahxx

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Hi Wolla,

Good to hear from you - I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were getting on.  So wish you were on the  ^2ww^ too hun but hoping those follies are saving themselves for a whopping first go!  No wonder you found the weekend difficult petal - good on you for actually getting through it  ^hugme^  Yum cake!  ^eat pie^  I told Dh that the nurse said I had to totally relax and be waited on hand and foot but he didn't buy it for one second - I am sooo useless at telling fibs   ::)

^fairydust^ Anne x

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.