CharlieL - DIUI

Deb30 - DIUI

ejsmith2 - DIUI

Fizz - Considering DIUI.

Georgiepie - DIVF

Gwendolyn - DIVF

Ipswichbabe - DIUI

jih - DIVF

Helsbels - Considering DIUI, and possibly known donor.

Herbaletea - DIUI

Hippy - Considering the donor route.

JennyPenny - DIUI

Jules1 - Considering options.

KatieMaria - DIUI

Kellyhop - DIVF

KLT - DIUI

Misty - DIUI

Mossie - DIVF

Natalie34 - DIUI

Oonagh - DIUI

Pickolata - DIUI

Rach - DIUI

Rubyroo - Half ICSI half DIVF

rsmit02 - DIUI

Sinny - DIUI

SuziT - DIUI

Sweetie21 - DIUI

Tibbelt - DIUI

TinaK - DIUI

Tawny - DIUI

Wolla - DIUI

Precious Cargo On Board ^clapping^

Josie - DIUI - EDD 13/10/05 ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Clare - DIUI - EDD 01/12/05 ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Trixie - DI - EDD ? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

CarenB - DIUI - EDD ? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

ZoeP - ICSI with Donor - EDD ? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Sweetcaroline - DIUI - EDD 26 Jan ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Colly - DIVF - EDD 6 Feb ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Eileenh - DIUI - EDD ? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Mandao (Amanda) - DIVF - EDD ? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

VivienneF - DIUI - EDD 18 May ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

LiziBee - 1/2 ICSI & 1/2 DIVF - EDD 27 June ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Never Forgotten Angels ^angel^

Gwendolyn - DIVF ^angel^
Marielou - DIUI ^angel^ Charlie

Our Miracle is Here ^babycrawl^

Ali - Proud mummy to Cameron (DIVF)
Jayne - Proud mummy to Jack and Ben (DIUI)
JulesUK- Proud mummy to Katelyn (DI)
Struthie - Proiud mummy to Steven (natural miracle)
Sweetcaroline - Proud mummy to Sophie (natural miracle)
Tracey - Proud mummy to Maxwell (DIVF)
Viviennef - Proud mummy to Jamie (DIVF)

Please let me have any additions or amendments to the above list :)
----------------------

Emma (Pickolata) and Deb30 - So very sorry to hear that AF arrived for you both. Thinking of you and your dh's. I wish it were different for you ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Love, luck and babydust to you all.

Jayne x ^fairydust^

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Hi Jenny, we were treated at Ninewells in Dundee. We live near Stirling so that was the hospital that our health authority deals with. We didn't know we'd have to use a donor until my eggs were collected and they couldn't find any sperm in DP's biopsy so the only info we got was that the donor had red hair! I sometimes wish I'd asked more as I am curious about what he is like as a person but all I can say is that whoever he is he did a fantastic job in helping create Jamie. I wish you lots of luck in your treatment.

Viv xx

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hi Jayne.. Love the updates, great idea to keep up to date...so many ppl.... It's great!!! I dont feel alone now!!!WOW!!!

I am waiting for AF on wed. then Diui begins again. Hoping so hard this work, 3rd time! x x

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi everyone - I just wanted to respond to Lizzie's' message from the precious thread (Anyone Else Using Donor sperm part 23) re your mixed feelings about now being preg from your donor treatment. I so, so, felt for you as it must be a strange and difficult place to be in, in that you naturally absolutely are over the moon you have conceived :)but are also being haunted by the 'what ifs' in terms of this could have been your husbands baby ???.

It is something that has gone through my mind a lot in terms of worrying if I will feel the same if the miracle happens, especially because my DHs treatment was only stopped due to medical errors and then our PCT not helping us with funding the correct course of treatment (very, very long story!!). Result was we ended up being forced into stopping his treatment before it could ever get to its own conclusion, and that was a very hard place to be left in.

For us, and for our own sanity, ^spin^  we have now decided that we can't let the 'what ifs' take over any more of our lives and  instead we are going to channel all our energy, every fibre of our hearts and minds to embracing the amazing self less gift that is donor ;D. I am sure if  I do ever get preg though, then thoughts like the ones you are feeling will pop up (especially with all the extra hormones flying around  ^spin^,and think that this is probably only natural and that it is probably healthy just to allow yourself a bit of time to let all these feeling come out. I am sure you have already shared your feelings with your DH and hopefully he has reassured you that the most important thing now is YOU being happy and healthy, and nurturing that little life  inside you that when he/she is born will want for nothing other than the love that the two of you can give them

For me when I am feelling iffy about the donor concept, I try to just remind myself that having a DH who has been willing  to even accept this option is the most amazing and selfless thing another man can ever do, and for that I just want to make him so proud ::) and give him the family (by whatever means) that he yearns for ;D.

Sending you the biggest hug ever  ^hugme^ and hoping you'll feel more sunny and happy again soon, just don't be too hard on yourself and know we are all here for you.
Love
Hippy
^daisy^

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Vic - The nurse told me to test around 14 days but i was very naughty last month and couldnt wait. ^bigbad^ I am going to really be good this month and hold out. You will have to keep me on the straight and narrow. ^police^ ^police^

Ipswichbabe, Good luck hun, lets hope you get a BFP :-*

Love Bronte xx ;)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
hi everyone,

wow - cant beleive the number of 2wwrs, its amazing.

jennypenny - i had both of my isci's at the glasgow royal, but when i asked for an appointment for private treatment in february the earliest one they could give me was late august, so went to the nuffield instead,  where we then found out that it wasnt possible to do another icsi as d.h was now no longer producing any sperm,  wishing you the best of luck with your tx. ^reiki^ ^reiki^

viv - thanks for answering my question, i think im too late for this cycle but will ask them about my november one.

vic - my clinic tests 17days post surge, so yes that would be 16dpo, best of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^

hope all you 2wrs are relaxing and taking it easy

deborahxx

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Jayne

I will be due to test 4th november and Vic's prob same too as we had IUI on same day.

Fab list as always.

Being brave now and have just submitted a  pic of me and DH on anothe site so thought i would do the same here.  In my gallery if really want to know what i look like!!  :'(

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
OOOH Vic, You cheeky thing. ;D Me and Anne are indeed greedy buggers!!

Must be a Northeast thing.

Love Bronte xx

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
mmm for some reason when you click on my photo gallery you cant see it but if you go onto thr gallery icon at the top of the page, then member's phote, mines the 2nd or 3rd one in standing with DH -thats if you sure you want to look!!!

Those northern girls ehh, thought they got loads of it up north!!!

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Hi everyone
Sorry I haven't been around much,this 2ww is doing my head in,I thought I would be used to it by now but its horrible.
I was having a nice lie down in bed with dh - he was watching darts I was sleeping! When ds shouted up the stairs,he was watching tv and was sick everywhere,I came down and the poor thing had been really ill,but when I went to help him I started heaving too,dh had to clean it all up.
He is very pale,hope he's better tomorrow.

I was working this morning,and my boss's boss came to see me,asked me to go and see her when I finished work to discuss my colleague,anyway she thanked me for telling them and said they knew he was doing something but now she is going to go all out to prove what he is doing.Feel a little guilty but its his own fault.
Work was easier today as he was off sick!

I'm sorry I haven't got time for personals but will try tomorrow,I'm going to call my clinic and see if I can go for a blood test on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Good luck to everyone on the 2ww.
xxx

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
HI!
Thank you to hippy and everyone else for all the kind responses. As I suspected I need to talk about it to start feeling better. Thank you so much for giving me the time and space to do that. :-*

Struthie - poor sweetie, ^hug me^ hold on there, you'll get through it. Lets hope the heaving was a really good sign.

[preg bit]

Jayne - EDD 27th June, 3 days before DH's 40th birthday!!

[End]

alex - off to look for the photo!!

Good luck to all the 2ww!

I hope everyone has a good week.
Love and hugs
Lizi.x

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Hi all, I'm feeling really down this morning  :'(
Had a terrible night's sleep, which really doesn't help matters, but the main problem is that I haven't surged yet. I'm in for a scan at 12.15pm, but the clinic are expecting me to have IUI this afternoon, and I really don't want to when I haven't surged properly yet - it just seems way too early. I just don't see why they would want me to have the trigger and IUI on the same day, based purely on the size of my follies, when I haven't surged. Oh dear, getting all worked up about it, and possibly for no reason at all. The doctor actually said that she didn't want me to do OPKs, not that I listened  ^evil^ Luckily, my DP is off work and able to come with me, so together we will be strong and insist on them listening to my body rather than going with standard protocol.
It also didn't help that I went along to my lesbian parenting group yesterday afternoon, which I do really enjoy going to, but everyone else is either pregnant or has their baby already, and although I'm truly thrilled for all of them,  I want to be pregnant too!! It was lovely to play with all the gorgeous chubby babies, but afterwards I always feel a bit low and get that "will it ever happen to me" feeling. I'm not exactly the world's greatest optimist, so I always start wondering if I'm going to be the unlucky one in the group who can't get pregnant, even though I know that I'm still well within the "average" range of number of treatments.
Ugh, sorry for the self-pitying post - hopefully I'll have much more positive news later on!

Tamsin

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Oh Tamsin I hope you get on ok today,did they really say do the trigger jab and have IUI on the same day,sure thats not right.
Big hugs to you,I'm sure it will happen for you.

Just a quick one really,just to let you know I am going for a blood test tomorrow at 10am,so will have the results by lunchtime,at least I will be out of my misery a day early.
Please keep your fingers crossed for me xxx

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
alex28 said:
Those northern girls ehh, thought they got loads of it up north!!!
Ooh Alex, what a sweeping generalisation!! I'm a North-Eastener, and haven't had any yet :'(. Think I need to start playing catch up ;)

Anne - how's things? You've been quiet the last few days.

Tamsin - hope it goes ok this afternoon ^reiki^

I haven't read my horoscope for years, and don't really believe in all that stuff, but last night just before I went to bed I happened to open the tv mag on that page, so thought, I might as well see what they say - 'plans you have been making for some time will be put into action this week with pleasing results'. AF is due in the next day or 2!! ^reiki^

Wolla
x

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi all,
Struthie I am keeping my fingers crossed for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I am hoping I can have some advise. Pickolata and I decided to go with the IUI route and I know we have only had 1 failed attempt but have been contemplating having IVF. The cost is different IUI £1500 and I am guessing IVF £3500 (judging from the price list). Percentage wise IUI 25% where IVF is 50%.  My parents have said they will help with the cost. I just cant get out of my head that we could spend a fortune on IUI and then have to go the IVF route so would it be better to just try IVF. Would we be mad to change? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Love Emma

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hi,

Struthie - I am keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow, lets hope it is a BFP.

Wolla - Your nearly there girl ^banana^ Wont be long now.

Anne - Where have you gone?? :eek:

Vic - Hope you enjoy your hols and dont think about the 2ww. Which is easier said than done especially from someone who goes  ^idiot^ on the 2ww.

There are so many of us on the 2ww, i hope we get some BFP.

Emma i cant advise you hun as i am having three natural and three stimulated on the NHS. Im not sure how much IUI is but some of the other girls like Struthie will know.
We have decided that should the IUI not work we will just move straight on to DIVF self funding.

Love to everyone

Bronte xx ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Mine too Alex,in fact dh has been banned from touching them for the last two weeks!

My DIUI with drugs costs about £900,a lot of money and we still can;t decide what to do if it doesn't work.
We have enough for one go at IVF or three more goes at IUI,its so difficult.

Off to work now,working with nice lady tonight,she is itching to start knitting baby clothes,she starts an hour after me and when she gets in the first thing she says is "can I start knitting yet" would love to say yes to her next week,what a dream that would be!

Take care everyone,hope the rain keeps customers at home!

Marie - hope you are ok you are quiet!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Struthie - keeping everything crossed for tomorrow  ^reiki^

Tamsin - hope all went well this afternoon  ^reiki^

Well girls, my AF arrived today which is great as I can get going but am a little worried as this is my first go at the au natural.....

I know you cannot tell me the exact answer but roughly when do you think I will surge - my cycle is 29 days. My worry being my clinic don't do weekends and I'm worried that I may surge over the weekend and won't be able to be basted the next day.

Any advice?

Love to everyone, especially those on 2ww  ^reiki^

nat x

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
believe me i am not hallucinating my sore boobs!  I took my bra off last night and they felt like a lead weight and when i put my dressing gown on it rub my nipples and it was agony!!!  I think it maybe because i have actually ovulated this month and therefore things are a bit different for me than normal.

Anyway Nat - way hay great news - mmmm about weekends - i would hope for the best but maybe dicuss with your clinic about having DI rather than IUI dont, maybe if you are gonna ov on a weekend you could have DI done on a friday and monday so if you ov sat or sun as the sperm is not washed it lasts longer and the  one on monday - just to keep up with those northern lasses!!!!  ;D  You should get a pos on day 13 to ov on day15 with period 14 days later.

Struthie - sl so good luck for tomorrow honey!! Ps what did you write on the Bristol site that Bec edited???

Wolla - i do so hope its your month honey i really do, cant wait till you get started .  xx

APOLOGIES TO ALL NORTHERN GIRLS I DID NOT MEAN TO OFFEND YOU!!!!  ;D ;D ;D but you are greedy!!!!!

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.