Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 378 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I have been away girls, Ethan has been poorly and then I have been too .... please bear with me, I am sorting out a brand new sprakly list for us all!  If you could all help me by posting updates, that'd be fab  :)

Marie xxx

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hello again ladies..............sorry am in work today so no personals as I am up to my tonsils in work!!

Had 2nd D-IUI (unmedicated) done yesterday in Belgium so I guess I am on the 2WW with Daisee and Debbie?  We were in Cardiff for the weekend (Heineken Cup Final) and I was testing from Friday and then tested twice on Monday (7am No smiley / 4pm - SMILEY!) - so we travelled over to Ghent in Belgium yesterday (via the Euro Tunnel) and were back home last night.  Took a lie in this morning but am back in work this avo.

Wish I wasnt in work but it keeps my mind off the 2WW !!  ::)

^Heart^ and  ^fairydust^  to you all from me.

Ciara
XXX

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi All,

I had my 5th IUI today, so Ciara I'll also be joining you on the 2WW - or in my case 2w2dw - as my clinic told me to wait 16 days before testing  ^pray^ AF doesn't arrive first.

Thanks Daisee for the welcome, I noticed you are also at the LWC - good to have someone at the same clinic  :). I was surprised there isn't an LWC thread.

Hello to everyone else - looking forward to getting to know you!

Holly
xx

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Evening ladies,

Big welcome to Holly.. You will like it here we are such a lovely bunch.. :-* Good luck for your DIUI.. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Ciara - Lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for you too now your back on the 2ww.

Daisee - Hope your ok hun and nice to see your bouncing back... Good luck with tx.. :-*

Helly - I hope your bladder is better hun and you have had the catheter removed now.. You will be off all week though ??? so you should be taking it easy...

Suzi - Enjoy your break and get some r and r. ^hugme^

Marie - Hope Ethan is better hun.. ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Im very tired tonight and we are away all weekend with an event and then i am off to my parents to take my dad to the hospital for more tests and to see whether the chemo has helped at all. Im giving my mum a couple of days break so she can have some time to herself....

No news yet re sperm..

Bronte xxx :-*

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Ooh Bronte - I really thought you would have heard something by now  ^bigbad^  You be careful not to overdo things Mrs, you seem to have ha a very busy weekend!  I am keeping your dad in my prayers hunny and I so hope its good news when you go for the tests  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Daisee, Debbie, Ciara and Holly - Wishing you all loads and loads of  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^ its great to have people to spend the wait with.  You can all go crazy together  ;D

Suzi -You make sure to rest up when you are on holiday (and have lots of fun of course!)  Enjoy every minute  :)

Dawn - How are things with you and your gorgeous daughter?  All well I hope  :)

CK - Hope your wedding was fabulous - cant wai to hear all about it  :)

Ella - How are you doing hunny?

Sarah - Not long until panel now  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Kehlan - Hope the stimming is going well  ^reiki^ What date do you have for ec?

Marie - Hope you and Ethan are feeling lots better  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Not a lot of personals Im afraid as I still have the catheter and its not very comfortable sitting in one positon for long periods of time  ;D  Had an eventful day yesterday.  Went to hospital to get catheter removed, water output monitored and seemed to be fine so off I went to my appointment for 12 week scan.  Everything was fine with Junior - measuring at 13 weeks 1 day and I was given due to date of 1st Dec.  We were over the moon then the pain in bladder started again and I couldnt go to the loo!  I was taken straight back up to the ward and catheterised again and have been diagnosed with a retroverted uterus which is blocking the bladder exit causing urinary retention.  My options are to have a catheter for about a fortnight when they hope the uterus will "lift" naturally or to have a pessary fitted (they are blinking huge plastic things that wouldnt look out of place in a victorian docs surgery  ^scared^ ) to lift it now.  I have to go back tomorrow with my decision.......

Anyway, best go and move around a bit  ;D

Take care ladies - you are all in my thoughts
Love as always
Helly
xxx

·
Registered
713 Posts
hi girlies

ciara & holly - welcome to the madness of the 2ww!!!    ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

daisee - how you doing hun?  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

helly - hmmm...decisions decisions....what you going to decide?  i'd go with the pessary to lift it now but then i haven't seen the size of it!!!    but that'd mean getting it lifted and not having to wait a fortnight?  hope you are ok though hunny....xxx

bronte - thought you'd have heard something by now....hope you do soon. 

HI everyone else...sorry for lack of personals.

i'm feeling pretty down...can't stop crying, have af type feelings....i just felt so positive this time around and i don't anymore..you know your own body and i just know it hasn't worked.  don't know what to do..... :( :(

anyhoo...off to watch corrie street and have a cuppa.

take care
debbie xx

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Helly, they havent given me a definite date, they said it would be about 12 - 16 days after staring stimms, depending on hope the follies grow.  I have a scan on monday morning so will hopefully begin to get some information then.  I'm guessing in about two weeks time, just in time for my birthday....

love to you all

Kehlan

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hi all,

I'm also on the dreaded 2ww as I had my 4th DIUI done on Monday, also at LWC so it's great to see other people using that clinic too!! I was also surprised there was no thread for that clinic.

I'm doing a natural cycle this time as I was on holiday when I needed to do the baseline scan. But if this cycle is unsuccessful, we'll go back to medicated - with injections this time so I'm a bit scared about that!!

Debbie - I'm so sorry you're not feeling very positive about this one. It's just such a nightmare as you really think about every twinge and wonder if it could be something positive but as you say, we all know our own bodies best but they also say that AF symptons are similar to pg ones so fingers crossed  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Helly - I'm so sorry you're going through such a nightmare time but so pleased that your little one is doing ok - and how lovely that they'll be here in time for Christmas!!

Bronte - I'm so sorry you haven't heard about the sperm yet - really hope you'll hear soon.

Holly - good luck for the 2ww - it's weird that they call it that but I think most clinics make you wait 16 days!! Those 2 days at the end are agonising - mind you I've only made it there once as AF normally rears her ugly head for me before test day!! Fingers crossed!! I really like LWC - I find everyone there so lovely - I just wish it was closer to home!!

Ciara - Fingers crossed for your 2ww too!! That's great you can get to Belgium and back in a day!!

Hi to everyone else and good luck to all on the 2ww - we will get through this together!!!!  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^

Love,

Vick :)
XXX

·
Registered
15 Posts
Morning ladies

I am in need of some support.  We found out on Tuesday that donor sperm or adoption are our only ways to go forward and have a family.  We are in a spin, very emotional, in fact I'm off work as I am crying at the silliest thing.  I guess that's the norm at first, I hope it is!  Foolishly we pinned our hopes on the fact that they would find something positive.
So considering the option is the next thing, once we've calmed down a bit.
I have so many questions to ask, where to start. I love my DH but wonder if using donor sperm might feel like being unfaithful to him, or make him feel like he's not part of things, when he's essential, I just couldn't be without him. What do friends and family think, I know it's not their choice, but what if they disagree with what we decide to do, how did you tell them, or do you keep that bit to yourself?
What are the big scary pitfalls, with weighing up our options we need to know what the worst is that could happen.  Where did you find out information, any recommended books, websites etc.
Can you get funding for treatment with donor sperm, or is that a big no no.
If any of you considered adoption as a way forward, where did you find helpful for the factfinding process, any useful websites or books?
Any support, or advice you can offer would be so brilliant, I guess you guys understand how we are feeling right now, but I don't want to sink too far into the 'why us' syndrome, but that's the way I'm heading right now.
Flora xxx :'(

·
Registered
940 Posts
Firstly, flora... big hugs to you.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ So sorry that you find your self here.... hopefully you will find some support here.  You are not alone in feeling like you do.  I'm pretty sure that most of us here have been there, its not a nice place but you will feel better...  Time has certainly helped me to get my head araound the whole situation.  Its easy and natural to feel 'why us'......but try not to let it consume all your energy.  You will have happy times ahead. xx

Help for me/us came from the dc network, online and through there meetups.  Also here, there are some great girlies, and always a shoulder to cry on. We only told parents and my sis originally, then a few more family and friends when we wre comfortable with our own choices, but thats personal choice.  2 books are:  Bulilding a family whith the help of donor insemination by ken daniels.  This uses quotes of peoples experiences throughout england and new zealand I think.  Also.. Making babies the hard way. was 1 i read, not such a happy ending from what i remember, but an insight never the less.

Funding was available for us in Dorset, but it varies per county.  Your Gp or consultant should be able to write to pct on your behalf.  I also wrote to them myself.  We got 3 funded diui.  Unfortunatly they did not work, but the 4th self funded one did!!!

Take some time out to make your choices, no oe will rush you.
Here on this thread there are girls going down the addoption route and at all stages of treatmant, so I hope we will be able to help a bit with your questions.

Sending hugs your way!!

Helly..  I must have missed the bit where you said you had problems... how frustrating for you.  And painfull I can imagine.  ^hugme^
cant advise you on the catheteror pessery, as dont know, but I hope you get relief from your discomfort soon xxxx

Bronte.. take it easy this weeken if you can, sounds like you have a lot on your plate.  Hope your dad is seeing some improvement with the chemo xxxx

So many of you on 2ww at the mo.....  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for you all.  May your dreams come true.

xx

·
Registered
46 Posts
Flora - Really thinking of you ^hugme^. Of course it's normal to cry and feel so emotional. It's a massive shock to receive such news and it certainly does take a while to adjust your thinking to go ahead with donor sperm or adoption. You may need time to grieve first. Give yourself lots of time, only you and your dh can decide whether donor sperm or adoption is right for you and who to tell. As Eli said this website is a great source of support and it really does help to share with others who have been/are going through similar situations.

Bronte - Thanks for your welcome, I like it here already :) I hope you get some good news about your Dad and the donor sperm ^reiki^

Debbie - Sorry to hear you are feeling down, the 2ww is such a trial but you are still PUPO! (pregnant until proven otherwise) as they say on the iui thread. Don't give up hope.

Helly - Hope you are feeling more comfortable, I don't envy your choice!

Vick -  ^reiki^ for your 2ww, great to have another LWC and 2ww buddy, How on earth do you manage coming in from Devon? I've been moaning about the hassle and I only have to travel across London, you put me to shame ;D

Daisee and Ciara - hope the 2ww is going ok ^pray^

Kehlan - Best of luck for your cycle ^reiki^

Holly
xx

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks ladies, I have taken some positive steps today. I have ordered a couple of books re adoption and a couple re use of donor sperm.  I am a big investigator so it will really help me to regain a little control to do some reading about the subjects.

I really appreciate the support from Fertility Friends so far, and know that it is still such early days for us compared to the struggles that so many others have gone through.

Thanks again one and all.

Flo
xxx

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hello everyone, hope you dont mind me popping on. I have been reading this thread for months but not posted.
I got my bfp 13.5.08 so now 6w2d :)
I wonder if any of you who have been successful in diui could answer me this.
When you get your first midwife appointment I am presuming she will go over your family history for inherited conditions etc,.  what sort of questions does she ask and what do you tell her if you have had diui?  because we dont know do we?
I was just reading another thread and saw that the mw asks "strange" questions.
Thanks and good luck to everyone who is trying. ^pray^

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hi girlies

to all my fellow 2ww's -  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^

kitty - congrats on your bfp....i didnt realise the midwife asked questions like that?  will be interesting to find out more from the girls.

flora  ^hugme^    it is such a raw time you're in at the moment but i promise you it gets better.  the only emotion i could describe how i felt was grief....it took a while to let it settle into my mind...DH was all for donor sperm from the word go, i took slightly longer to come round to the idea.  DH doesn't want to adopt.  you will get there i promise, but it looks like you're doing all the right things for the moment and researching your options.  i wish you all the love and luck in the world...and we're a great bunch on here (even if i do so myself!) so don't hesitate to come on and have a moan or get stuff off your chest.

helly - what did you decide? hope you're ok?

HI to everyone, at work so must dash.

still not feeling very positive, having a few teary moments but not so bad as the other day.  going to keep myself busy out in the garden this weekend and i'm also going to see SATC with my sister and some friends..so that should be good.

take care
debbie xx

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hi Kittyblue, congrats on ur BFP !!!! I was open with my midwife and then with the Health Visitor right from the start because I had no idea what to say when they asked, I obviously talked it over 1st with my other half before hand and he was fine with it.  Both of them were completely understanding and it wasn't approached again they will put in ur notes either DIUI or DIVF.  Our doctor (other half had a test done at the docs before our 'official' test at Bourn Hall) also knew and I did have a chuckle to myself when Maisy had her 1st doctors check that he asked me about family planning and contraception (obviously it went in one ear and out the other), the health visitor also asked the same thing.

At the end of the day it is whatever you and your DH feel comfortable with.

Ju

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Hi everyone,
Congrats Kittyblue :) and what an interesting point you've raised! I hadn't even thought of that but I'll hopefully be needing to consider it soon!! ^reiki^ ^reiki^Just quick hello - hope everyone is well.

Holly Berry hello and welcome ^hugme^

Flora ^hugme^ ^hugme^ hope you're doing okay - this does get easier to deal with I promise ^hugme^- I can't really add anything to what Eli said - we had lots of advice from the donor conception network and because of our particular circumstances had lots of support from the fertility clinic from the beginning - remember they are there to provide you with lots of info. and are a service to you - don't be afraid to make appointments and attend open evenings to see which clinics you like the best (if you're lucky enough to have the choice) and what treatments they offer - you don't have to decide immediately if you want tx but you wouldn't buy a car without test driving a few ; so your clinic should be the same - even if you decide that donor insemination is not for you in the end. (I wish I could take my own advice as I'm a right mess when it comes to making any decisions about treatment! ;D ;D)

Kehlan - hope the stimming is going well

Helly - hope you're feeling okay -what a horrid thing to have - people really take for granted how easy it is to wee so it can be really debilitating when you can't just go!!! ^hugme^ ^hugme^ I really feel for you - glad to hear the little one is all okay though ^hugme^

debbie - hope all is well - sorry I can't give you any words of wisdom to make you fell better but I am thinking of you ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Bronte - hope your dad is doing well ^hugme^ ^hugme^ and pleeeease look after yourself too ^hugme^ ^hugme^
and don't forget to keep phoning about the ^HappySperm^ because the waiting can be such an anxious time which you can do without ^hugme^

Love to all those people on their 2ww there's quite a lot of you at the moment so let's hope we get lots of BFP's ^hugme^ ^hugme^

love to everyone I've missed (I've got a bit of catching up to do) ^Cuddle^

Me,me,me - we have our open evening in 3 weeks then hopefully a TIC appointment soon after (although I got myself into a bit of a tizz as I read somone in my clinic had to wait a few weeks for theirs :() All being well I'm hopefully starting D IVF with my July af which will be mid July ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^. Feeling rather down and negtive about it all at the moment - like a baby is something we can only dream about and will never have :'(
I usually shake this feeling and then it comes creeping back but it's been here for a while now - I'm hoping once the tx starts I'll get a bit better -I think I'm stressed with all the incertainty :(
anyway - don't mean to make you all grumpy

hope everyone is well, love spooks x

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Firstly Id just like to say thank you to everyone for your kind messages of support over the last week or so.  As always ladies, they are very much appreciated.

Spooks - Excellent news that your open evening is nearly here!  Its so hard to remain positive and please dont apologise for being grumpy - it happens to us all  ;D  I'm sure that once you start tx you will begin to feel a lot more hopeful - it can and will happen for you hunny  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Kittyblue - Hello, welcome and congratulations!!  As for your question....when me and DH went for our first midwide appointment they never even asked why we had IVF and although they asked me about my family history they never asked DH one question!  We went in all prepared as well, ready to explain about donor sperm etc but it was never mentioned!  Try not to worry about it, just enjoy the moment  :)

Debbie - teary moments are completely normal hun  :)  You sound like you are doing really well and keeping yourself busy is a great way to pass the time.  I'm not a SATC fan but I have heard the movie is great so I might go and see it - take care of yourself, lots of treats and try to relax (yeah right  ;D ) loads of  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^ coming your way  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Flora -  ^hugme^  I think we have all been in that horrible place where you are at the moment and all I can say is that it does get better.  When we first found out that using a donor or adoption would be our only chance of having a family we were, like you, utterly distraught.  You just had to look at me and I cried, telling my parents was horrible (I cried again...) his parents (I cried again....) you get the picture  ;D  Anyway, through the support from the ladies on this thread and through talking every little scary thought through with each other we found ourselves ready to go ahead with the decision to use donor sperm.  DH has been involved every single step of the way.  We had 4 cycles of DI, 4 DIUI and 3 DIVF and he came to every blood test, scan, basting, EC, et, test etc and held my hand throughout.  I know this isn't always possible but I found his presence to be extremely comforting.  We were extremely fortunate in that the last cycle worked and I am currently 13 weeks pregnant.  I can honestly say that I think of this baby as totally "ours" and the fact that we used a donor really isn't an issue for me/us.  I'm sure that some of the other girls will be along soon with more words of wisdom but please, if you have any worries or questions, please shout up  :)

Kehlan - Loads of luck for Monday - you will be fine and raring to get to EC  :)  Lets hope you get a great birthday present  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Bronte - Hope things are going well with your even this weekend.  Sending you lots of love and prayers for your dad  ^hugme^  Are you ringing Dot again on Thursday?  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Suzi - Hope things are good with you  :)

To all of you ladies on the 2ww -  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  We need a run of BFP's ladies come on  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Hi - Sarah (T), Ella, Eli, Colly, Steph, CK, Louloumac, Lou, Marie, Struthie, Hippy, Sam, Sar and everyone Ive missed.  Hope you are having a great weekend.

As for me, we decided on the pessary thing...wasn't the most pleasant experience but it seems to be working and anything that means no more catheters (8 in 5 days ladies - ouch!!) is well worth it  ;D  I have to go back in a fortnight to get it removed and hopefully by then Junior will have grown enough to have moved away from the bladder  ^reiki^  I have to measure my fluids in and out (making sure I "void" every two hours - even during the night  :eek: ) but its a small price and I never forget how lucky we are to be in this position - even if it does hurt like hell  ;D so please dont think I'm moaning about this - just wanted to keep you updated  :)

Enjoy the sunshine ladies (unless you live in Somerset then I'm sorry you are having such awful flooding)

Take care
love
Helly
xxx

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Hi everyone

Kittyblue... while I have never had a BPF, I do know that the rules about donors are very strict and they are very fussy about who they will accept as a donor. Certainly they will not accept someone with inherited diseases.  So if you do not wish to tell your midwife about the donor, you should be safe to say that there are no inheritable conditions.  congratulations on your BPF, relax and enjoy it.

Flora... welcome to the thread.  Your feelings are completely normal.  I was devastated when I found out we'd need a donor.  As you said, it felt like I'd be cheating on my DH and I cried for weeks and weeks.  Funnily enough, DH was fine with it and was very keen to go for the donor option, he never wanted adoption at all.

Helly... glad to know youre feeling better.  The catheter sounds horrible.

Bronte... How is your dad getting on?

I've been stimming for almost a week now and havent been feeling too well.  We had a big audit at work and I had to do a demonstration for the auditor, just as a migraine was getting started.  Normally I'd have gone home that day and slept it off but I couldnt and ended up paying for it big time, having thurs, fri and today off work instead.  finally starting to feel alive though. 
Mood swings are still there but not as bad, maybe because I am conscious of them and fighting it.  My belly and thighs are covered in little bruises and it's getting hard to find somewhere to inject that isnt bruised. I'm not complaining though, its for a purpose.
Only a couple more days til my day 8 scan and of course, I'll report the findings as soon as I know.

love to all of you

Kehlan

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hiya,

This might not be long as I've got Ethan and next doors 10 year old son - blows my mind that one day I'll have a 'big boy' like that  :eek:

We have a follow-up appt booked for 17th July, to discuss where we go from here.  I'm not sure, tbh.  :-\  It does seem to be heading back towards IVF  ::)  On a positive note, we're off to Spain in 3 weeks time, I can't wait!

Kittyblue - Congratulation on your pregnancy!  You are under no obligation to inform your midwife/GP if you don't want to ... however, there's nothing stopping you if you want to discuss it with them  ;)  You don't even have to disclose you've had fertility treatment, we told just about everybody we knew, Dr's included about our IVF and at our hospital they paid really special attention to us, which was really nice!

Kehlan - I can't believe you're on stims already, your cycle is really flying (for me!) - good luck for your scan  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Helly-  OMG what has been happening with you? Going to have to go and have a read-back, sounds like your baby really likes to keep you on your toes!

Spooks -  ^hugme^ ^hugme^  Staying positive can be so hard when you've been trying for so long, don't beat yourself up about it, treat yourself to a few pamering things in the build-up to your IVF.

Debbie - Ooooooh SATC, I went on thursday and LOVED it!

Flora - Hello and welcome to the site ^wave^  I think the feeeling you describe are very common, as the other girls have said.  I felt very light headed and as if it was all a dream, and then the grieving started.  Like you, I'm an investigator, so I started this thread (54 'parts' ago!) and read as much as I could.

Marie xxx

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
so sorry girls for being awol for last month. life has been hectic. been on hols, had nathans 1st bday and party and gone back to work  :(. so we decided not to have txt on last cycle just too much going on. so waiting for af to arrive to start again! nervous and also excited.

helly ouch. hope that little one moves off your bladder.

marie hope your follow up appt goes ok.

kittyblue congrats on the bfp. we didnt tell MW or GPs, felt that it wouldnt change anything if they knew.

flora welcome to the thread you have come to the right place for support.

hi to all. good luck to those on 2ww. sorry for lack of personals but will try to catch up properly soon.

sam
xxxx

1 - 20 of 378 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.