Eileenh - DIUI

Fizz - Considering DIUI.

Gwendolyn - DIVF in April

Herbaltea - HSG on 11 May then DIUI

jih - DIVF in April

Julesforgirls - DIUI

Katie Maria - DIUI

KLT - DIUI

LiziBee - 1/2 ICSI & 1/2 DIVF hoping to cycle in the summer.

Mossie - DIVF

rsmit02 - DIUI - Waiting for AF

Sinbad - DIVF in April

Sinny - DIUI

Struthie - Consultant appointment on 30 March to discuss treatment. Most likely ICSI.

Sweetcaroline - DIUI April

Wolla - Awaiting DIUI - top of the NHS list in June 05

Precious Cargo On Board ^clapping^

Josie - DIUI - EDD 13/10/05 ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Clare - DIUI - EDD 01/12/05 ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Trixie - DI - EDD ? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Our Miracle is Here ^babycrawl^

Ali - Proud mummy to Cameron (DIVF)
Jayne - Proud mummy to Jack and Ben (DIUI)
JulesUK- Proud mummy to Katelyn (DI)
Sweetcaroline - Proud mummy to Sophie (natural miracle)
Tracey - Proud mummy to Maxwell (DIVF)

Please let me have any additions/amendments to the above list :)

Love

Jayne x ^fairydust^

See less See more
#2 ·
Marie - welcome to the wonderful world of Clomid.  The first month i got hot flushes etc and have done every month.  The second month i was the mother of all *****es!!! only to DH though bless him!  Since then i have been fine.

Well girls 5th IUI went fine today, straight in no probs/pain etc, have lunch a little bit of shopping in Cribbs, visited in-laws, aquiring a little kitten soon off some friends - not sure my 7 year old cat be happy about it??......

So Jayne - sorry for mucking your list up but i am now a 2 w waiter due for testing on the 28th April ish!

Glad everyone is doing fine, Misty and Nat - not long to go honeys!!

#3 ·
Glad to hear your basting went well, Alex.. hope you will be in our 'Precious Cargo' section in a couple of weeks.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^2ww^

Marie, sorry to hear you have been feeling down, so understandable when it's a significant date for Charlie.  I'm sure your next baby will help to ease the pain a lot.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Sending you hugs  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Lots of love to everyone - I have to go to a field now to have a whole school photo, lots of hanging around I'm sure.
Caroline xxx

#4 ·
Hi there...

Please can you add me to your list, had DIUI on the 5th of April due to test 21st according to hospital if AF can hold off that long....

Good luck to everyone else.

would love to hear from anyone who has had successful natural DIUI to give me some positive vibes ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Jules

#5 ·
Just a quick update:
Had my day11 scan today and have a 15mm follicle on my left ovary, and my lining is looking good too (I'm doing a natural IUI cycle).

I don't need to go in for any more scans now, just start OPK testing tomorrow then call the clinic when I get a surge and go in the following day for IUI. I normally surge on day 15, so I'm expecting Wednesday to be THE BIG DAY.

We were given a choice of 2 donors, and we both felt very much more inclined towards one of them; partly because he has proven fertility but mainly because he is 6'0 whereas the other guy was only 5'6. It was a very bizarre experience choosing though, thinking that this could be our baby's father!

More updates next week!
Have a good weekend everyone  :)

#6 ·
Afternoon Girls,

Alex - welcome to the 2ww - am sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for the next 2 weeks. Shopping in Cribbs - fantastic - I shop there more than Cardiff  :)

Marie - sending you some hugs  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Caroline - hope the weather remains fine for your school photo  ^sunny^

Welcome Jules - I'm on a medicated cycle but can still send you some  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and welocme to the 2ww

Nismat - wishing you lots of luck for Wednesday.

And me, no symptoms at all, except sore nipples (that could be the cyclogest I'm guessing). I do feel different this time. DH asked me to explain and I couldn't, but I just do. I am so tempted to test but know its far too early and then I would get upset when it came back negative. I have been fine up to now but getting anxious now.

Hope everyone else is okay and sending you all lots of love,

Nat xx

#7 ·
Welcome Jules. ^hello^ I'm having a natural DIUI in about 3 weeks so I'm hoping you will be giving me those positive vibes! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Nat! Don't you DARE test early!!! ^police^ Just feeling different: I really felt I KNEW I was pg when I was, and we weren't even ttc. Of course I dismissed it at the time but when we were ttc I was sure I would feel different again. Every month I was sad not to have that feeling. So I feel v positive about you saying that! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Of course I will probably prove myself wrong next month but anyway, good vibe Nat.. still keep away from the pee sticks though! ^police^

Love to everyone,
TGIF Caroline xxx

#8 ·
Hi guys

Jules - i believe Josie got pg 1st time after DIUI - not sure whether she was on clomid or not though??

Nismat - thats excellant news - 15mm on day 11!!! so if they grow approx 2mm per day in four days you will have a 23mm follicle - cant ask for better than that can you!  Good luck honey although i normally surge on day 14 i didnt until day 19 this time around and on day 17 my folly was 15 so grew to about 21mm - lets hope its our lucky month!!

Nat - ohh i like Cardiff better to be honest with you - i dont find theres much choice in Cribbs, but shopping is shopiing so anywhere is good!

Marie - hope you are ok sweetie??

Sorry to anyone else i have missed - i have had a knackering day at work, work tomorrow plus grocery shopping afterwards and then out in evening for meal with friends at a nice pub.  Being really good though as apart from NY Eve i have not touched a drop of alcohol and i dont miss it at all!

Hope you all have a fab weekend and the sun shines on us all!  xx

#9 ·
Alex - Glad to hear IUI went well.  Good luck!  ^fairydust^
There's sweet that you're getting a little kitten  :) awwww  :)

Nat - Really, really hoping that 'feeling different' is exactly what you are!  Fingers crossed VERY tightly for you  ^2ww^

Marie - Hope the weekend is going well and you've found a nice plot of land for your new house  :)

Nismat - Lovely follie you have there  :)  Fab!  Good luck  ^fairydust^

Caroline - Hope married life is treating you well  :)

Jules - Welcome.  I have added you to our list.  Good luck!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 

Hope everyone's having a lovely Sunday  :)  It's piddling down here!  Still, it means we're having a day in and dh is doing some work on the porch.  He started decorating it - replastering walls, putting new floor down, etc. - just after Christmas, and the room is only about 6 x 4 foot and it's still only half finished!!!  ;D  Just don't have the time to get on with it these days. 

Actually, I think I feel a headache coming on as Dh is bashing the wood panelling and Jack is bashing his toy workbench!!!  Nothing like a peaceful Sunday afternoon!  ;D 

Love

Jayne x  ^fairydust^

#11 ·
Hiya all

Haven't been on here for a few days as have been a bit busy.  Seem to have acquired 3 jobs.  As well as working at the uni 4 days a week, am now also doing some fundraising, and also childminding for my neighbour's 3 year old and 6 month old boys.  Told her I would have to see how the latter goes.  Had them this morning and they were fine, although the baby did the most enormous disgusting poo when I was changing his nappy - yeuch! 

Yesterday I was helping do a beach clean.  Afterwards I ended up in a room with my friend and her baby girl and lots of mums and kids that I didn't know.  Anyway the conversation got on to who had had babies recently, how long they'd taken to concieve, whether they wanted more etc.  I sat in the middle of it thinking how easy it was for all of them and also praying that no-one was going to ask me if I was thinking of having any...

had a fab day in my garden on Saturday and planted loads (spinach, rocket, swiss chard, kale, radishes, spring onions, onions, shallots, beetroot, lollo rosso, little gems, savoy cabbage) - if that little lot comes up I can have a 4th job selling veg down the market!

Off to get my legs waxed now.  What an exciting life I lead - not!

lots of love and luck to Natalie, Misty, Caren, Alex and Jules on the 2ww.  Thinking of you all and keeping my fingers crossed.  Nat - DON'T TEST EARLY!  ^police^

Hope you're hanging in there Marie, Tamsin and Hobbs.

Lost of love to everybody else

Eileen

#12 ·
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted for ages but I thought I would update you. I had second IUI-D on Friday, due to test on 29th. Alex, we're buddies. We had 5.5 million sperm this time, 1.5 million more than our first attempt but motility was slightly less. Didn't get a choice of donor this time. Not sure why. We got the chance to speak with the lady who makes the decisions to discuss her choice and we were very happy. Didn't  have too wait for ages like last time as there were plenty of swimmers in the first defrost. Now I'm trying not to think about it too much and wasn't sure whether to log on to FF as I get so involved and more emotional and feel bad if I can't post regularly.
Good luck to everyone.
Katie xx

#13 ·
Hello girls,
Just got back from my weekend away and first scan - I'm cd10 and I have 4 leading follicles - I was very shocked, as I was only expecting 1-2, as I was only on 50mg clomid. :eek:
Linign is slightly thin at 5.2mm, but we go back on Wednesday for another scan - I'm only day 10 of my cycle, so fingers crossed, things look better with my lining then. Dr. siad its usually 6mm by now, so its not too bad - has anyone else had thin lining on clomid?

I'm rushed off my feet, I'll come back later to do personnals!

Marie xx

#14 ·
Katie - great to have a buddle on board.  I know of someone who had ET the same day as me also so heres hoping for New Year babies!!

Marie - wow 4 follys - that fantastic.  Are they good sizes?  Try not to worry too much about the lining, you have a few days for it to thicken up.

Eileen - wow how much to you do in a weekend!!  Hope the waxing session went fine!

To all others testing soon - heaps and heaps of positive vibes coming from me!

#15 ·
Well, I got my +OPK yesterday evening, so I'm going to be phoning up the clinic as soon as they open to see if I can go in for IUI today. Normally you have to book in the day before, but my surge didn't come until after they closed yesterday  :(
I seem to be following the same pattern as last month when I also got an evening surge, and then got ov pains the following night, so I'm pretty sure that I will ovulate tonight so need the IUI this afternoon.
Keep your fingers crossed for me girls - I'm freaking out here! I honestly thought that I would be able to handle this better; I really didn't anticipate that I would be feeling so excited/nervous.

#16 ·
hi everyone, 

not having a good day so i thought i'd have a moan on here.  i did something really silly on friday, i went to see a psychic, all the girls at work were going so i tagged along. it was really freaky, she knew dh's name and the number house we live at and she also asked me if i had lost a parent at the age of 14 or 15, i did, my mom died from cancer when i was 15!! she hadn't mentioned children so i asked (wish i hadn't) she said she couldn't see any children in the next 3 years!!!! i know i shouldn't take any notice but she told me a lot of things that she couldn't possible have known? dh is not very understanding at all, he told me not to go because it would upset me.  i was feeling quite positive about this cycle until friday now i'm really down.  my belly is bloated and i've be getting some shooting pains, does this mean af is on its way.
anyway to change the subject, have been reading lots of threads today about other pepole tx with diui, for a while now i've been wondering if the hospital are timing my basting correctly, it seems that some people are basted 36 after trigger injection, heres how mine went this cycle, had scans until i surged that was on a sunday at about 11.30 am, nurse gave me trigger injection straight away then i was basted on monday at 11 am, thats only 24 hrs, went back on tuesday at 1pm to see if i had ov, which i had,  does this sound about right?
wow have gone on a bit, sorry.

#17 ·
Hi Guys

Nismat - good luck for your basting today - if you go up today of course!

Caren B - i think most clinics do things slightly diff.  My clinic always do the IUI between 36-40 after the LH surge (no injection for me) and i believe that the IUI is done the same time after the injection.  However some women ovulate on the same day as the surge so what do you do??
Normally if i surge in the am then IUI is done the following pm and if i surge in the pm its done not the next day but the next in the am.  Does that make sense??  The washed sperm can live for about 6 - 12 hours and the egg 24 hours so the timing sounds ok.

This is my 5th go before a review so fingersa crossed it works this time.  My follies were def bigger this time around 14/15mm on day 17 with lining of 9.2mm and ovulated on day 20 so should of been about 20/21mm by then. 

Question - does anyone else have AF type pains/cramps/ov pains in the 2ww?  im on 5 DPO now and still having cramps etc?

Oh psychic!!!! Its very hard when they tell you something you really dont want to hear.... i saw one last October and the first thing she said to me was" your husband cannot have children can he?"  I just burst into tears.  She told me i was fine and could see me with a baby in 18 months time.  So i now have till June to get pregnant by her calculations!!!  How wrong was she as we are on our 5th IUI now and still waiting for that BFP!!!

#18 ·
Katie - lots of luck for  ^2ww^ - know what you mean about not being sure whether to log on or not - in my last 2ww I became a obsessed with FF and spent ages searching symptoms in the 2ww and generally being a bit of a loo-la!  Thinking of you.

Marie - lots of luck with your fab four follies.  I'm sure that your lining will thicken up as it's only day 10.

Tamsin - good luck for IUI today!

Oh Caren hunny - I'm really sorry.  Try and not think about what the psychic said.  I personally don't think she could possibly know.  I went to see Derren Brown last year and he guessed all sorts of similiar things about people without using psychic abilities.  I can understand how upsetting it must have been for you though.  It would have really got to me as well.  Specially in the state of mind I was in on my last 2ww.  ANd having searched every post on the subject in my last 2ww I can tell you that any symptoms do not mean anything one way or another - so try and not think about them too much. 

Lots of love to everybody else

Eileen

#19 ·
Aww Caren, please try to forget about what the psychic said.  I saw one once and she told me that someone in my family was going to die that December.  That was five years ago and not only did they all survive the month but are still here now (touch wood).  Eileen is right, Derren Brown has done so much to discredit psychics – you go and prove her wrong!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ And Alex – prove yours right!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ And Eileen, you sound like Wonder Woman, with a bit of Barbara from the Good Life!  ^bow^

Tamsin, good luck for today if it happens!  ^goodluck^

Marie, I am clueless about follies, lining etc so all I can say is good luck for tomorrow’s scan, hunny!  ^goodluck^

Love to everyone and especially our 2ww girls.  ^Heart^  Nat, sorry for sounding so flippin’ bossy but I was worried about you testing so early… have you managed to resist?  I’m getting nervous for you so can hardly imagine how you must be feeling.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Caroline xxx

#20 ·
forgot to mention earlier, last time i spoke to nurse about success rates etc i asked if  my changes would increase if i was basted more than once, she said it wouldn't make a difference and that was that.  i cant get my head round this because surely it would help if i was basted say day off surge and day after, there would by more sperm and a greater chance of not missing ov. any thoughts?  i didn't know that donor sperm only lasted 6 to 12 hrs!

#21 ·
Caren - my mum saw a psychic when I was going through ICSI#2. The woman knew so much - about her mum (my nan) her FIL (my grandad) and about my toddler niece as well - she said she could see that I would have twin boys through ICSI - I got a BFN.    That hit me so hard - I mean, everything else she said was right, so it seemed like even the 'supernatural' were taunting me on my failure!  The whole point in me telling you this - it didnt come true.  So please don't tell yourself it'll be another 3 years.  It may well be this month!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Donor sperm lasts 6-12 hours, as its frozen, thawed and then washed.  ;)  'Fresh' sperm, (in a natural conception) lasts 3-5 days, in the right CM.  But, if you're timing is right, then you're in with a good chance!
I've heard lots of girls have DIUI 24 hours past trigger, and lost have it 36 hours past trigger, so try not to worry about it too much.  If you're worried, bring it up with your clinic.  :)

Alex -  I had ov cramps in my 2ww - think its your ovaries shrinking back to normal, and the follicle collapsing after the egg has popped!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 

Nismat -  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Good luck for today!

Katie -  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Good luck with this ^2ww^ !

Misty and Nat - Oodles of good luck vibes coming your way for tomorrow!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^  Hope to see two more editions to our 'Miracle' section on the list!

I've got my scan again tomorrow - had lots of ovary twinges, so hopefully the little blighters are doing what they should!

Marie xx

#22 ·
Thanks Marielou and good luck with yyour next scan -= hope they are growing nicely.

Caroline - i second what Marielou says about the sperm.  I asked my nurse why they dont do it twice like they do in the USA and she said that statistics prove that 2 shots as apposed to one dont make a difference.

#23 ·
Marie - all the best for your scan tomorrow - hope your lining and follies have grown nicely.  Sending you some follie growing vibes. ^banana^ ^pompom^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ - that's my little follie growing dance.

Caroline - I would love to be a combination of Wonderwoman and Barbara from the Good Life!!!  ;D  But would need to have a Wonderbaby as well to complete my vision of the Good Life!

Sending some relaxing vibes to those on 2ww  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

lots of love

Eileen

#25 ·
I'm now officially on my 2ww, as I had my IUI done this afternoon. Test date is 3rd May (14DPO, day 29 of my cycle, although I would expect AF on day 28 if things don't work out). It all went well and the nurse was lovely, really putting me at my ease and mentioning my DP by name, even though she couldn't actually be there.

Thanks for all the good wishes girls - it's great to have so many people rooting for you!

At the moment I feel a lot calmer than I did between getting my LH surge and having the IUI - I suppose because it's all out of my hands now, and there's not a lot I can do to influence the outcome one way or the other. I'll just have to keep those calm and positive thoughts going over the next 2 weeks - some chance!

Caren - sorry you had the upsetting experience with the psychic. I would have found it very difficult too, but try and put it behind you if you can.
I've also asked my clinic about the double insemination thing and they feel very strongly that it doesn't improve your chances in the slightest and it's a waste of money. As long as the timing is good in the first place (and it sounds like yours was), you shouldn't need a second insemination.

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ to everyone out there, whatever stage you are at.

Tamsinx

#26 ·
Afternoon Girls,

Sorry for being absent.

I was really naughty on the weekend and did a test - day 10. Well of course it came back negative, so have been pretty cut up since then.

I have been really really stupid I know and now wonder whether its all over? I haven't and thats the truth tested since, so just waiting for tomorrow to arrive.

Have had some symptons that I didn't have last time - have had a really bad headache for the last 3 days (not normally associated with my AF) and lower back pain (again not normally with my AF). Am I reading too much into this, am I going mad - probably - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Alex - in answer to your question to AF like cramp pains - yes. I have had these most of teh 2ww wait although nothing today.

Marie - fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Alex - hope you are doing okay.

Everyone else - thanks for your good wishes - well I will let you know tomorrow no doubt at some insane hour of the morning!

Nat xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.