Colly - DIVF April

Eileenh - DIUI

Fizz - Considering DIUI.

Gwendolyn - DIVF in April

Herbaltea - HSG on 11 May then DIUI

Jules1 - Natural DIUI

Julesforgirls - DIUI

KLT - DIUI

LiziBee - 1/2 ICSI & 1/2 DIVF hoping to cycle in the summer.

Mossie - DIVF

Nat34 - FET

rsmit02 - DIUI - Waiting for AF

Sinbad - DIVF in April

Sinny - DIUI

Sweetcaroline - DIUI May

Wolla - Awaiting DIUI - top of the NHS list in June 05

Precious Cargo On Board ^clapping^

Josie - DIUI - EDD 13/10/05 ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Clare - DIUI - EDD 01/12/05 ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Trixie - DI - EDD ? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

CarenB - DIUI - EDD ?? ^congrats^ ^cloud9^

Our Miracle is Here ^babycrawl^

Ali - Proud mummy to Cameron (DIVF)
Jayne - Proud mummy to Jack and Ben (DIUI)
JulesUK- Proud mummy to Katelyn (DI)
Sweetcaroline - Proud mummy to Sophie (natural miracle)
Tracey - Proud mummy to Maxwell (DIVF)

Please let me have any additions/amendments to the above list :)

Love

Jayne x ^fairydust^

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Alex - so sorry  ^witch^ showed up yesterday.  Hope you can get started asap on your next go. ^reiki^

Katie - good luck for testing today.

Hi to everyone else.

Wolla
x

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Ohhh Alex, I'm so sorry honey.  :'( :'( I hope you get all the advice you need to make next time different, although of course it could well be that everything is just perfect with you, it's just taking longer than you'd hope.  I feel gutted for you, it’s not fair.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Good luck for testing, Katie.  ^goodluck^

Abby/berrygirl, hello and welcome, if you’ve made it over to our thread!  ^gossip^ I think most of us are in the position of hardly anyone knowing the exact nature of our problem -  although it shouldn't be so taboo, it's not really something you go shouting from the rooftops is it?  This thread is certainly a lifeline for me, it's so great to be able to discuss it with people who really understand.  I'm sure you will find it helpful too, looking forward to getting to know you better!

love to everyone
Caroline xxx

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Despite all the  ^reiki^  ^witch^ arrived this morning. Why does she have to give me such cramps and backache to add to the heartache as well. She is such a b****h. DH doesn't know yet because he has a big decision to make before 1pm as to whether he stays working for his current firm of 15+ years  or make a move as he has been offered a job elsewhere. I'll tell him tonight when he gets home. I can give myself a pat on the back at least for managing to hold out on testing until tomorrow. It was hard and I nearly did a detour to the chemist last night on my way home but knew I should wait. Won't have to now. Thank you for all your support.

Alex,  ^hugme^ as I know just how you're feeling. I guess I'll be asking now if the next cycle should be natural or whether any tests need to be done. Take care.

Jayne, l hope your right next time, thanks.

Hope everyone has a great weekend in the sunshine. We've got a busy one planned.

Love Katie xx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Hiya,

I'm noto day 6 now, and feeling quite happy, not too stressed, but I am pretty sure in my heart the the DIUI was too late.   :(  Ah well, only time will tell, I guess! 

Katie - ^hugme^ I'm so sorry to hear you got AF today ^Cuddle^ I sometimes wonder if I'll ever get pregnant, as the DS situation seems quite dire here, you're lucky to get over 3 million sperm.   :(

Alex - So sorry to hear your news, too ^hugme^  Do you think you will be going onto injectables now? ^Cuddle^

Did a lovely long post yesterday, but accidently deleted it  :mad:

Marie xx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh Katie, I'm so sorry  ^hugme^  Felt so positive for you.  Evil  ^witch^

Sending lots of love and hugs.

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Oh no, Katie, that's so cr*p, it was looking so hopeful.  I'm so sorry hun.  :( :'(

Sending you big hugs.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ I hope DH got on ok with his work decision and that you have a weekend of spoiling yourselves.
lots of love Caroline xxx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Can I just ask a quick question?

Did anyone else (on clomid) feel nausea in the 2ww?  I know its FAR too soon to be anything pregnancy related (day 6 of the 2ww) but just wondered if this was normal?  I'm also very tired, and hungry.  Again, I don't think these are prengnacy symptoms, just wondered others experiance of clomid.  ;)

Marie xx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I hope they're pg symptoms  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 

I feel so positive about this cycle for you Marie.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Alex and Katie - I'm so so sorry to hear your news. Many  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ coming your way.

Alex - I started D/R on Day 2 but I think it depends on the outcome of your scan as it could be Day 3 as Jayne mentions or even later.

Marie - sending lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ your way.

Love to everyone as always.

Nat xx

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, can you add me onto your list please?!

I am having a hy-cos-y (is that how it's spelt?!) on May 11th. We've been told that if all goes well we should be starting treatment in June fingers crossed.

Just a quick question if anyone knows. I worked out my dates and will definately be on my period when I've got to have the hy-cos-y done. I've rang the hospital who said to not cancel it as then we'll be put back to the end of August. The receptionist did say that it may be ok for me to still have it done. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this done whilst on their period? Sorry if its too much information! I'm just worried that we'll end up having to wait for ages again.

Fingers crossed for everyone else on here.

Abby xxxx (sorry for the lack of smileys and other info not sure how to do it yet, I'm sure I'll pick it up!)

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Katie - im so sorry honey - my sign things wont work so sending lots of hugs your way. My friend who had her 1st ICSI called me today to say it worked so am delighted for her but when will it be my turn!!! Are you back on for treatment again this month or will you wait?

Marielou - dont worry honey about the sickness - i felt sick this month too and got headaches when i felt sick which is odd cos have not had headaches for about 4 months now. It s just your hormones playing up honey!

Nat - thanks for that,. I will be on day 7 by the time i see the doctor but dont know the procedure for superovulation so may have to wait another cycle. Will be nice though not to have to POAS for a while! Also found out from clinic website that superovulation and IUI costs £1300.00 maximum. not sure if DS is extra though? On the side we have decided that as IVF would cost us more than £3300.00 we will opt for the former and go from there.

Hi Abby and welcome to the forum. Not sure about the HSG, have read somewhere that they like to do it in between you finishing your period and before ovulation. see what i have copied below

"Generally there is no special preparation needed for this test. However, depending upon your diagnosis, you may need to take antibiotics to guard against possible infection. To ensure that you are not pregnant, the study is done between Day 7 and 10 of your cycle. Prior to the procedure you may take an anti-inflammatory medication (Aleve or Motrin). A small catheter is placed into the cervix and the dye is injected. You may feel heavy cramping during, and for several hours following this procedure. Expect a sticky vaginal discharge for a few days as the dye is expelled from the uterus. Use a pad or panty liner during this time to allow fluid to escape. Any dye that remains will be absorbed without any ill effect" Hope this helps!

Hi to Wolla too hope you are ok, another appt soon is that right??

Caroline - hope things are ok your end?

Hobbs - have not heard anything from you for a while - hope you are ok??

Hope everyone else is doing something nice this weekend and have fun!

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
HIya!

Abby - ^hello^ and welcome! ^wave^ Good luck with your Hycosy - I think Alex got it mixed up with a HSG, but they do sound similar. I found the following info about Hycosy. ;) Hope its helpful!

History
Prior to the development of HyCoSy, routine investigation of tubal patency (whether the tubes are blocked or clear) through hysterosalpingography (HSG) and laparoscopy with dye was expensive, time consuming and unpleasant for the patient as these involved the use of surgery, general anaesthesia, hospitalization as well as ionizing radiation.

HyCoSy explained
Hysterosalpingo-contrast-sonography (HyCoSy) is a transvaginal ultrasound technique in which a solution of galactose and 1% palmitic acid (Levovist) - or a mixture of air and saline - is infused into the uterine cavity and observed to flow along the Fallopian tubes to assess tubal patency. The bright echoes generated by the Levovist makes tubal visualization easier, which is further improved by the addition of colour Doppler imaging.

Why HyCoSy?
In recent years HyCoSy has increasingly been used in preference to hysterosalpingography (HSG) and apparels as a first line investigation for infertility because of its convenience and safety. HyCoSy also allows examination of the other pelvic organs and because it is a dynamic study and can give valuable information regarding tubal function.
Alex - I've had the sickness feeling since I started the clomid, which is how I knew it wasnt pregnancy related. ;) I just hadnt heard of it as a side effect. Not a nice one! I'd like to meet whoever invented these drugs, and ask why the only side effects they can come up with are pregnancy related ones! Seems very very cruel to me - its like giving you a taster, and then whipping it away.

Natalie - How long do you d/r for on an injectable cycle?

Jayne - Thank you for feeling so positive for me - I'm quite happy, but just have a feeling this one won't work. Would be a marvellous suprise if it did!

I woke up this am with my left boob hurting - this always happens a few days before AF shows - this is a little early, but I'm sure it means AF is on her merry way in the next week! :'( :'(

Marie xx

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Marie - I D/R'd for 11 days on medicated IUI starting on Day 2 and then stimmed for 9 days starting on Day 3 and then the trigger and final D/R injection on Day 12.

Don't give up just yet!!!! Sore boob could mean anything - could be the drugs?  Am keeping everything crossed for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Have just come back from a mamouth shopping expedition buying sofas and some furniture for our living room. Had my hair highlighted yesterday (first time!!) and eyebrows done today - decided it was time for me to have some nice things for a change.

Sun is shining  ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ - hope you are all out enjoying yourselves.

Natxx

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Opps sorry for the error HSG etc - no confusion meant - just having a blond day!

Marieloue - Nat is right, AF and pg symptoms are v similar so dont give up just yet honey.

Glad you had a nice time shopping nat, very theraputic indeed!!

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Abby, hope everything will be ok for you having your tx this month.  ^reiki^ I hadn't heard of HyCoSy and was wondering if you said 'HSG' quickly it could sound like that, so it was enlightening to get some info!

Marie, I know it's pointless saying 'try not to read into every little twinge' as I will be the same but, 'it ain't over til the  ^witch^ sings' (yes I know that's not the expression but you know what I mean).  Try to stay pos hunny, we're all rooting for you.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^  ^noAF2^

I had a scan yesterday - day 9 - and had follies of 10mm and 13mm which means very little to me at this stage!  Doc said he'll be away next weekend but not to worry as he reckons we'll be all set for Tues or Weds.  I still can't keep away from the Persona pee sticks and still had a green light today so I'm feeling doubtful but praying I ovulate before Friday.  I have another scan tomorrow morning so at least he is doing his best this weekend - he's obviously overpaid though as he has so many holidays! 

Ooh Nat, you took the highlight plunge!  What colour(s?) did you go for?  ^rainbow^ I must book an appt for next week as I certainly couldn't claim to be a natural blonde with these roots.

Hi to Alex, Hobbs, Wolla, Jayne, Katie and everyone else.  It's a lovely weekend here, we went sailing yesterday.  Hopefully bikeriding today and watching footie tomorrow (Guernsey v Jersey, an annual event).  Hope you're all having a good one.
love Caroline xxx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Morning girlies,

I've had a lovely lay-in this morning, reading the new Marian Keyes book in bed with a cup of tea.  :)    Isnt it sad what makes us feel happy?!  ;D ;D

Nats - Lovely - I'm planning on having highlights next week or the week after if its not good news - my roots are beginning to show  :-[  Theres nothing like a new haircut to make you feel better!  Did the eyebrows hurt?  I've always wanted to get them done, but am too wimpy!  ;D

Caroline - Good luck for your scan tomorrow  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ I'm sorry, I can't remember - is this a natural cycle?  Follies usually grow 2mm a day, so tomorrow your 13mm should be 17mm.  I bet you'll ovulate tues or weds as well!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Alex - Hope you don't think I was being *****y, saying you mixed up HSG/Hycosy - I only looked it up as I had no idea what a hycosy was, and was being nosey  ;D ;D  Oh, and I have so many blonde moments, there too hard to count  ;D

Hope everyone having a fab bank holiday weekend!

Marie xx

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Morning All,

Well its raining here in Wales - whats going on?????

DH is going off to Sainsburys and the Garden Centre for my window boxes and I am going to iron in the hope that this afternoon will bring lots of  ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ and our 'jobs' will be done.

Caroline - I have never been so scared sitting in the hairdressers as she peeled away the foils but its very natural and very few but enough to give my dark hair a boost. Am pleased. Fingers crossed for you for those follies - can't believe how close you are now!

Marie - eyebrows - always have them waxed - that way the pain is over and done with fairly quickly. We went straight out shopping after my eyebrows yesterday and DH couldn't stop laughing at the redness left behind from the waxing - am I putting you off yet??? I have mine done every 3 weeks, so its not that bad   ;) ;) ;) ;)  What your book like - I like Marian Keyes. I'm reading Robyn Sisman - Weekend in Paris at the moment which is quite good.

Alex, Hobbs, Wolla, Jayne and Katie - hope you are all okay and love to everyone as always.

Nat x

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
DD isn't feeling well so bike ride is off (for me anyway, DH and my brother have gone).  So I have done a clothes sort-out and filled 2 bags for Oxfam.. I seem to have been buying a few things recently, which I quickly sneaked upstairs so I was obviously feeling guilty!  :eek:

Your hair sounds lovely, Nat.  I've only had my eyebrows done once and I remember walking around town with bright red skin underneath them!  Only once.. makes me sound like Dennis Healy but I do pluck them myself!  I quite enjoy doing it actually  ??? !

Marie, yes I'm having a natural cycle.  The doc said they would check my progesterone again this month so I can have Clomid next time if I need it - he thought 26 was a bit low.  So I was right in thinking it was a waste of time having it checked this month, seeing as he was away.  I assume that if the level is low this time then I'll know it will be a BFN.. well that will reduce the 2ww I guess!  Thanks so much for the info on follie growth.  :) You cheered me up a lot by betting I'll ovulate by Weds, as I was fretting about missing this month!  Not long to go for you now, or Hobbs.. hope we'll have some more 'precious cargoes'.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Is your book called 'The other side of the story'?  I bought 3 books (3 for 2!) at the airport but lent that one to my Mum before I'd read it, I think it was Marian Keyes.  Is it good?  I'm reading 'Watching the English', which is an anthropological study of English behaviour..it sounds v boring but it's not, not quite the same as getting stuck into a good story though.  I'm the worst with Nicci French books, I want them to last but I read them in a day!

Blimey I'm waffling, just putting off jobs.. lots of love to everyone xoxo Caroline

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi

Abby I had Hycosy scan towards the end of my period and it was fine, they just want to check your tubes out.  Just may be alittle messy I would think.  It was not painful at all.

Hi to everyone, lots of hair and eyebrow advice going on.  Reminds me i need to do my roots can't face sitting in the hairdressers though, buy mine from boots.

Been doing the Puregon and Supecur injections for six days now.  A little bit leaked back out from the injection site today, do you think that will matter?  Scan on Tuesday to see if things are progressing. 

Had wicked headache yesterday probably because I am a bit stressed about the whole thing.  Snapped the head off poor DH yesterday when he asked me something.  Poor guy, he is so patient with me

Hi Nat, Caroline, Abby, Marie, Alex and everyone else. Good luck to everyone with their stabbing, scans, follies blood test and 2wws.  Have a good bank holiday

Sinny
x

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.