Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just having another one of my many wobbles.

In my last two pregnancies, I felt my bubs move around 15wks for first and 14 weeks for second. One both occasions it felt like bubbles popping very low down and happened every day from then on.

I am now 16+2wks and cant say I have felt any definate movements that I can definately say is bubs, no bubbles popping at all:( Ive felt like a 'rumble' but I have fairly bad trapped wind all over my abdomen at the mo so my tum is rumbling constantly (MMM-nice!!)

I heard the hb last week at 15+4wks but this movement thing is causing me to wobble as everyone I speak to, says with subsequent pregnancies you ALWAYS feel it sooner :(

Just need some reassurance that bubs is still ok. Have found it sooo difficult to believe Im pg this time, Im finding it really hard to think I can be this lucky. Its our dream come true and I guess Im just waiting for my bubble to burst :'(

Mae.x

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I've felt movement early in all my pregnancies, but this time it was 1/2 weeks later than last time so no, it's not ALWAYS earlier.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Hi

I can't say I felt any movements earlier in my 2nd pregnancy.  I'm sure with my 1st it was around 17 weeks, but later with my 2nd.  I'm sure the only reason they say you DO feel it earlier in your 2nd pregnancy is because you've experienced it before, you supposedly know what you're feeling - ie movements rather than wind.  There's also the theory that your stomach muscles aren't as resistant too, so that means movements may be felt but there's always an exception to the rule!

Love
Claire
x

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
hi Mae

Im having the same worry as you, not really gettin any "movements" as such but did hear the hb...think we got used to it and as have no1 to look after tend not to notice as much..well, I think thats defo true for me...maybe u have had those fluttery movements but dont notice as busy...I have not had any bigger movements /kicks tho!  :(  hope to soon!
:)
Ax

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I felt is from around 15/16 weeks but your bubs has LOTS of space to move around now Hun. I'm sure you will be fine but if your worrying then ring your MD

Take care Kelli

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
I felt my babies at 15wk+5 days  ::)( think thats cause i have two babies though,as i was told i would start feeling them earlier than ladies with a singleton) i even have a head sticking out of my tummy sometimes  :eek: :eek: my sonographer did say though not to panic if i dont feel them all the time as i have anterioir placentas which can cushion movement  ;) maybe you have an anterior placenta this time around  ???

^reiki^
Good luck
Emmaxxx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Amee has a very good point - with subsequent pregnancies you do tend to be busier and maybe not notice these things so much. I know with J I was the most precious thing in the world and expected the world to stop spinning while I had a rest, whereas second time I often forgot I was pregnant until I got a swift kick in the ribs!

Chux xx

·
Registered
381 Posts
With Joey i felt movement at 15 weeks. With Jimmy there was nothing definate till 17 weeks.
Collyx

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Hi,

I definately felt ds3 a few weeks later than ds2 but it was sooner than ds1  :)

S xxxx

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you sooo much for your replies. Im now 16+5 and still not SURE if Ive felt bubs. Last few days Ive had rumbles in lower tum, like little flutters but feels deep deep inside. Im sure with DD it felt nearer the surface if that makes sense. Last night I felt a few pops but again it felt higher than Id imagine at this stage ^idiot^
LAst time with dd it was low on the pubic line, this time it was half way between my pubic line and tummy button and off to one side!!??

Something I have felt and I wonder if any of you lovelies have felt is a hard lump stick out on one side. I could've swown it was a back but is it too early for that? If so, what the heck is it?!!! :eek:

Thanks again. Dont know what Id do without this marvellous site. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Oh gawd, I'm glad you asked about the hard lump as I've that a few times too. I did see the midwife this week when I was 15+4 and she wrote in my notes that she'd felt some fetal movements so I guess it is possible.

The other thing is don't forget the baby moves up out of your pelvis around the 12 week mark so the later you feel him/her, theoretically the higher up it should be. Plus the baby may be in a different position/facing a different way and the same with your placenta.

Chux xx

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chux - I definately had the hard lumpy thing with my other two and it was definately the back as it was more obvious as the bubs grew and remained the same feeling if you get my drift. BUT I was soooo surprised to feel this earlier than actual bubbles or  flutters. ::) Made me question what the heck it was!!!! Maybe there are rocks in there too! ^idiot^

1 - 13 of 13 Posts