Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dino has an appointment at a Botox clinic tomorrow to start an exercise programme prior to recieiving Botox injections in both ankles.  :(

I know he'll be sedated (which is terrifing enough), or will be knocked out if neccessary but it all sounds terribly traumatic and painful.  :'( 

He's worn splints before, had physio and spent a month with both legs in plaster trying to improve his muscle tone so this is a last resort before surgery.

Has anyone had any experience of Botox use in children?

Thanks
Bx

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Sorry I haven't replied sooner. 

^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  to Dino and to you for having to go through all those difficult treatments.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Botox for low muscle tone, but I guess that by now you have seen the Cons and know more.  Sedation and surgery aren't pleasant, but at least once he is out, Dino won't know anything, and hopefully the treatment will help improve his mobility.  From what you have said elsewhere, he sounds like a little boy with a lively personality, and it must be very frustrating for him not to be able to get around as much as he would like.

Do let us know how he gets on

Ruth x

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya, thanks for your message  :)

I got a shock when we went for the consultation - I hadn't realised that they were actually going to do it then! I'd been told it he'd get an assessment and exercise programme but apparently he gets the botox then the exercises.  His physio didn't even know until I phoned him.

Dino was a wee star being sedated.  He was so funny, shouting at himself to wake up and saying "heeeeellllo mummmmmmmm" in a rather drunken way!  He coped really well, was a bit sore the next day but has been fab.  We should begin to notice a difference this week in his walking.  :)

All being well following the exercises and splints he shouldn't need it done again.  The botox last for around 4 months so the plan is to work intensely with him before it wears off.  It certainly doesn't stop him getting around, he just falls over a bit too much.

Thanks again
Bx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.