Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there everyone
i was just wondering if anyone is going through treatment at the QE (BIRMINGHAM WOMENS HOSPITAL) as i had my first icsi treatment there and i am now thinking of getting my second attempt at the qe  but was wondering if there was anyone else who is currently going through treatment at the same hospital as we can share our experience and help each other
thank you
x x x x x
write back and let me know

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi

Just replied on the priory thread. I am just waiting to start. This will be my 3rd treatment. 1st 2 were at the priory.

Michelle x

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Michelle
they are lovely at the womens hospital i really liked the way they cared and they understood you you feel very welcome hope you enjoy your care at the womens. what treatment are you going through and when is it starting?
n.k x

·
Registered
642 Posts
We are having ICSI. Drugs arrived yesterday, just waiting for start date now. I have irregular cycles so they want to scan me before i start the buserelin as i dont get a period while down regging like you would normally. When do you start?

Michelle x

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im thinking of starting treatment next month i had 1 cycle of icsi but it was a BFN  :(
i was all new to everything as i am very young and didnt know what to expect but this time i wil be preparing myself for eveything i was very scared but the staff was so friendly and helped me step by step whenever i needed them the doctors at the womens told me that my next cycle i wil be on 4amps of menopour as on my last cycle iwas on 2amps and i had 5 embryos
speak to you soon

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi

I have had 2 previous treatments, both BFN. This 3rd go is my NHS attempt, which is why i'm now at the womens hospital. I am being kept on 2 powders, but they are thinking of alternating so i have only 1 one day then 2 the next etc. I usually over respond with even just 2!!

There are a couple of people who are at Bham Womens that talk on this thread here-----> http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=135764.0 if you want to chat to some more people. Come and join us, the more the merrier!! :)

Michelle x

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi michele

just wanted to ask did you have your 2 cycles of icsi by the nhs or did you
fund it yourself please let me know as im thinking wil istil be able to go on the nhs after my 2 atemps of icsi funded by myself thanks
n.k x x

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi NK

Yes 2 previous were self funded at the priory. You can have 2 private treatments and still keep your free go. If you have a 3rd go though you forfeit the NHS cycle. Luckily we had reached the top of the waiting list by the time we finished our 2nd cycle.

michelle x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts