Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home  ;)

Lots of love and luck to you all  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thanks rachel  :) :) :)

Hi All,

Stina I'm sorry to hear you have mumps, how awful for you  :( I hope you aren't feeling to down in the dumps, this awful weather certainly isn't going to help matters either!

Little wolf- thanks for the welcome, i hope you have a lovely time in Peebles, are you staying at the hydro? Also thanks for posting your dates as it helps me to plan when i will be starting d/r etc. Af is due on the 4th for me so its almost the same as you. Looks like I get  an extra couple of weeks feeling 'normal' than i was expecting,  ;D

Jane - oh you poor thing theres nothing worse than a nasty cold metal thing, they could at least have warmed it up for you :( Still at least you can start with the drugs now. When is your first injection? if it's today i hope you are feeling ok, if you need to rant or cry you know where we are :)

yoda, thanks for the link, lots of things make more sense now! I blew you some bubbles!

Twiggy - hope your scan goes well today. Let us know how you get on.

well I'm typing this at work whilst waiting for a program to run on reverse female sterilisataion, how appropriate! I have a very quiet weekend planned , we got a cat from lothian cat rescue this week so we are planning on spending a lot of time at home 'bonding' (it's actually just an excuse to drink some wine, eat some chocolate and watch movies on the sofa, how lazy!!!)

Hope you all have a great day :)

Tracey.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Good morning ladies,

Stina thats terrible about the mumps, hope you feel better soon.

Jane cant believe they couldnt find your womb! at least it went well eventually good luck for your tx.

Little wolf - hope you have a great holiday, relax and enjoy time away.

Tracey, whats your cat like? sounds like a nice time drinking wine and eating chocolate.

I have a lunch out with work today and am then off for a week to get stuff done in the house, looking forward to it. Well i had my scan this morning dh came along for first time. I have one follicle am dead chuffed, the nurses were really nice and cheery this morning. Have to go back on friday for a blood test to see if i ovulated as they think it will happen over the weekend sometime!! fingers crossed.

Good luck everyone,
                            twiggy xxx

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi Edinburgh Girlies

Hope you are all well?  Poor Stina oh my goodness I hope you are looking after yourself what a nightmare! and I thought my cold was bad! ^eyes^  Get Well Soon.

Little Wolf  - enjoy your wee holiday -  :)  I hope you have nice weather.

Hows your cold Gill C, has it shifted yet?  ^eyes^     Also a question for you - did you take baby asprin during previous tx?  i've read about it and was curious as I may take it.  Dont worry if you would prefer not to answer.  Thanks.

Camsmum have a nice bonding session with your new cat - it's so sweet you are rescuing it.awhhe ^cat^ I think I'll have a lazy night tonight entertaining the inlaws 2 morrow so that should be fun  ^chef^
Have a lovely week off work.

Jane I know what you mean with the metal one I have to get this one too.  They said I had a mobile and tilted womb!!!  ^roflmao^ Maybe its just me but I feel quite queazy getting this done.  I felt like I was going to throw up getting my dye tube test, only when they inserted and moving around to find my bloomin womb.  The actual dye bit I found fine. 

Good luck with tx twiggy hope you get on well on Friday again.  ;D

Hello to anyone I may have missed and Good Luck to everyone trying naturally or having tx (I'm still trying naturally clearly no joy).  I like to think just maybe, just maybe it could happen naturally  ^reiki^

Take Care
Luv Yodaxx ^sperm^

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hiya, Ladies,

just quickly "subscribing" to this thread so I will find you all after my trip away!! :)

Tracey - we are not staying at the Hydro (hope to have a day there though) but at Kingsmeadows - DH is working for Standard Life and they own a big house (divided into 2 bedroom flats) and some cottages. Last year we were in a flat, this year we will be in a cottage.

Really looking forward to that... :)

Hope you all have a great weekend + week ... and hope that Gill C shrugs her cold and Stina is getting rid of her mumps... you poor ladies!!!  ^eyes^

Hugs!

Little Wolf

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hi everyone,
              yoda you never know it may happen naturally, i know someone who was having iui and miscarried that baby but then she was still pregnant as she had released an egg just after this treatment and got pregnant naturally in same cycle. They say if you relax and dont think about it you have a higher chance but i know this is not easy. I couldnt get preg natuarally anyway as not ovulating on my own.

Hope you other ladies are all ok and stina hope the mumps are getting better.

Take care, fingers crossed,
                                          twiggy x

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hello Ladies

How are you's all?

Well I'm still pretty much the same, feeling very sorry for myself justnow, lol. :'(

Hope to speak to yous soon properly when i have more energy.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
^zombie^ Get Well Soon Stina

xx

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks Yoda.    ^Cuddle^

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ok, I have a new update, lol

I have to laugh or I'm gonna cry.

I finally got to see my own GP this morning and its Glandular Fever I have and not Mumps, I had been thinking this through the weekend as they way the symptoms are.  He's taken blood to back up his theory, buts he adament thats what I have.  I wont get the results back until thursday at least he said. 

How are you's all doing today?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
oh Stina the kissing disease what have you been up to?  At least not mumps you will probably be immune to mumps anyway if you have had the Rubella jag.

I had Glandular Fever when I was about 18 - it took about 6 weeks to fully get rid of it.  I never though I would feel normal again and to top it off I was allergic to the medicine which gave me spots from head to toe they were bloody sore! Oh you poor thing that is terrible for you.

Hope you feel much better sooner than I did

Take Care  ^zombie^

Yoda xx

hope everyone else is good

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi,
We have just found out that our first IVF cycle hasn't worked and at the moment feeling extremely sad and fragile. I just wanted to say that all the staff at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary have been amazing and brilliant. They are always realistic without sounding harsh and they explain everything really thoroughly so you aren't left confused. We asked to go back on the self funding waiting list and have been told July 2006. It seems like such a long time off, especially since I had thought it would be 4 months. I also appreciate that 9 months isn't long compared to some people's experiences. As I say though, the staff are first rate and they certainly made the whole experience much easier for us.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hi Ladies,
            Moira am so sorry ivf didnt work it must be so hard. I am still on clomid but have been told to think about ivf. If the ivf doesnt work do you have to go back to the end of the waiting list again? july does seem a long time away, will keep my fingers crossed that it happens for you next try(or before).

stina hope you are feeling better gland fever not nice!

hope everyone else is ok, keep your chins up,
                                                                twiggy x

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi Guys,

A quick scribble. Off on hols tomorrow. In middle of an ironing, packing, house tidying frenzy !! Back in two weeks. Yippee !!

Anyway, hope you are all well, take care and catch up soon,

Gill xx

P.S. Armed with drugs, needles, doctor's note, airline permission sheet - only hope AF arrives as expected.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Have a fab time Gill.

Sorry to hear about your failed treatment.  Hopefully the next 9 months wont take long in coming around for you.  I've got 2-3 years before I reach the top of the list seemingly.

Hope everyone else is well. 

Love from a very sickly Stina, xoxox

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hi everyone,
                  have a nice time gill, stina hope you are feeling better. I got a positive opk yesterday and temp is up today so fingers crossed clomid has induced ovulation this month. take care.
                                twiggy x

·
Registered
222 Posts
Twiggy fingers crossed for you.

How is everyone this week?  What you's been upto?

Well I'm finally starting to feel slightly better, fever has gone and the lymphnodes are reducing slowly.  Still feel terrible but not quite as bad. 

Have a good weekend everyone!!!

^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hello Everyone

Gill C hope you and Little Wolf r having a nice holiday. Weather has been pretty poor here.

Twiggy hope ovulation is going to happen for you - good luck

Stina glad you are a wee bit better. What about the studies are you trying to teach yourself or are you going in? I had GF while I was at college - nightmare!

Anyway Takecare all

Love Yoda

some bu88er has been bursting my bubbles ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^ :'( ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yoda, I've just blown you a bubble.  I've not done anything this week other than stay put to the couch or my bed.  I'm hoping to go in next week, but if I can't manage it I will arrange for some sort of work to be done at home if possible.  I've not picked one book up this week.  Couldnt take anything in if I tried.

^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi Everyone  :) :) :) :)

Well, I am getting very excited and very very nervous now! AF is die on |Sunday/Monday and as soon as she arives I am to ring the hospital for an appontment to start thetreatmemt (and pay...eek!)

Hope you all had a great week! Mine was very busy at work but this afternoon weall took the afternoon off and went out for lunch at the ritz (the one atthe gyle, not theposh one in london!), which was yummy :) :)

Hooray for fridays! I love thewekends, apart from all the housework I have been avoiding all week and which I will have to do tomorrow morning that is  :-[

Stina- how awful that you have glandular fever! I do jpe you startto feel better soon. Are you starting toget bored staying the house all day? At least youhave the internet to keep you company until OH comes home!

Twiggy- good luck with the ovulation, let us know if anything comes of it. Our cat is a dark tortoiseshell. the y said it would be difficult to find her a home as lots of people think they look evil and I have to admit she is not the prettiest cat in the world but she definately makes up for it in the affection stakes! She is settling in really well now and is definately part of the family.

Little wolf, the cottage sounds fab, I hope you had a really good relaxing week! I am very jealous.

Yoda- how did it go with the inlaws? you are very brave cooking dinner for them! I am off to go blow you some bubbles, how dare someone burst them  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

Tracey. xx

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.