Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I've been having treatment at MFS and have been advised to get an HSG test. They quoted me £380 to get it done at Bridgewater hospital. Wondering if anyone in the Manchester area has gone the NHS route recently and can advise how long the wait was? Alternatively are there any cheaper places to get the test privately?

Thanks very much.
Karen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Karen
In February I had an hsg done on the nhs. I had to wait until the first day of my period until I could ring the appointment line (Oldham hospital). At that point Oldham did not have the facilities to do it so I had to go to another hospital and for the life of me can not remember which one anyway they did not have any available appointments but I was told to ring back in a couple of days because they can get cancellations. Rang back to find the cancellations they had I could not fit in around work but the lady rang the hospital and the radiographer kindly agreed to fit me in at the end of a session so I got the hsg done really quickly. Hope you can get it done quickly on the nhs like I did.

Claire

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Claire

Thanks for you reply. It's good to hear that one can get treatment quickly on NHS.

Best wishes with your treatment.

Karen

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had my hsg last December at North Manchester General. I had to wait for the first day of my period too but they fit me in that same cycle so pretty quick :) I've had no problems with NHS so far. Xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts