Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^hello^

Has anyone had IVF at St James's hospital in Leeds?  I went for my 1st consultation yesterday.  :) Hubby and I are going to pay for our treatment as the waiting list is 2-3 years.  We've been given the option of either going privately and seeing Mrs Sharma all the time or self funding which means we will be treated as an NHS patient and see any of the many doctors and nurses there. We have been told there is no difference in the fee. So just wondered what option anybody else has took and how you found it.

Regards

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi sunflower

i have had 2 ivf cycles at jimmy's. i was nhs so never got to see mrs sharma but i have a friend who went private there and she found mrs sharma a little abrupt (she got a bfp though) i would say there are advantages and disadvantages seeing the same cons everytime i suppose its all down to personal choice

i personally didn't mind seeing different doctors although Dr Ray was my favourite by far she was always so happy  ;D ;D

i can't believe the waiting time has got so long i was refered in around may /june 2003 and started my first tx in jan 04 maybe it's because i was under my gynae dept at my local hospital for about 3 years before they finally refered me for ivf

good luck, i'm sure whatever you decide will be the right decision for you

pam xx

P.s. if you have any questions about leeds/ ivf don't hesitate to ask

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi
I am being treated foro 1st ICSI at Jimmy's on NHS - start my cycle in May, went for nurse consultation on weds and got all my drugs etc.
From what I am told you get treated at the ACU whether NHS or private and like you said only difference is that you see Mrs Sharma always if you are private.  Apparently, she even does her own scans.
So far I have found all the Drs and Nurses to be really nice - the only complaint I have is that the Gynae clinic is always running about 1 -2 hrs late.  If you have any problems with timing for work etc I would go privately because I would expect you can pick and choose the times of your appts more - better ask first though.
Good luck
Dee x

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi deidre

i know what you mean about the gynae clinic running late, one time we waited almost 4 hours  ;D ;D but the acu usually isn't too bad although we did have to wait almost an hour for et as the theatres were busy

good luck

pam xx

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi there
have just started clomid with jimmys and am on 100mg. we have opted for nhs and r getting it free 1st time. i am 33 and partner is 31. been trying for 5 yrs. daughter from previous relationship aged 14. found acu friendly but slow. have discovered that i have pco and he has antibodies.
not sure how long the waiting list is but we have been on it from march so just keeping fingers crossed.  ::)
am so anxious all the time that i keep stopping my periods . so badly want a baby.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.