Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I’m totally new to this so not really sure where to start. We’re starting IVF the cycle after next. I’ve recently had a MMC. Had a chemical over a year ago. We’ve been ttc for 21 months. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of IVF at my age (38, 39 in Nov). I’ve been told it may take a few cycles. My AMH is 6, AFC was 10 when tested last time. Is there much hope of IVF? Good luck to everyone xxx

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Hi,

I started my second cycle of ICSI when I was 38 1/2 and had my son when I was 39 yrs of age. Good luck x

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Hi, myself I know many ladies 40+ with 1st and 2nd time success via IVF. Remain positive x

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had egg collection 3 days before my 39th birthday, we got 6 eggs all mature & suitable for icsi. 3 fertilised & 1 made it to day 5 for transfer (other 2 stopped dividing at day 3 - really common, especially if you have male factor infertility) & I’m now 37 weeks pregnant so just waiting for her arrival in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@ellieh17 thanks for that .. really encouraging. We don’t have male factor. Fingers crossed though. Congratulations to you xxx

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am 38 and about to start a cycle, sending you lots of baby dust x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts