Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Although we live in Somerset, (I work in Yeovil) we decided to have all our fertility treatment in Dorchester.  Because we have done it all through the NHS, from January 2009 to June 2010 all the basic tests and 6 cycles of clomid was done through Dorchester County Hospital.  Once we had no success there we were set on the IVF route through the Winterbourne. Our first attempt at IVF started in October and unfortunately ended in failure 2 weeks ago.  :( As it was our first attempt I only know what we have been through at the Winterbourne.  Following the failure I asked when I could start our next attempt.  They gave me May 2011.  I said this was too long away considering my age (38 in March) so they said the earliest they could do it at Winterbourne would be April 2011 or I could have all scans, blood tests etc at Winterbourne and then have EC and ET at the London Fertility Clinic once I had had 2 AFs.

Has anyone had success at either of these 2 clinics?  If we are not successful at next attempt -  I am seriously considering changing clinics. 

Any advice, info, support would be really appreciated!  :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi,
I was under the Winterbourne - started my first round of IVF on the 24th of dec 2009 - 2 x 5 day blasts  ^BFN^ However, restarted my 2nd IVF in  March/april that resulted in a  ^BFP^ .  - am due twin boys on the 27th of Dec 2010, I'm 40 years old (well, nearly 41  :'( ) and had poor egg quality. I found The Winterbourne/Poundbury to be so helpful and supportive and if I decide to try again then I would definately go back to them. Its such an individual choice to make and everyone has their own experiences which can vary at the same clinic. Where ever you decide to go, I wish you all the best  ^pray^  xx
Sandy 39

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Hey,

I am currently 32 weeks pregnant after treatment at Poundbury and LFC on our 4th cycle (but first one at these clinics). We found the staff at Poundbury wonderful, very kind and helpful. We decided to go with LFC for EC/ET as they had slightly better success rates (only by a few % but for me it was worth the extra travel) and found the service there slightly more clinical but not unpleasant.

If you have any more questions just yell and I'll try my best to answer them  :)

Good luck

Sarah xxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts