Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Anyone having treatment at a polish clinic?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  miamiamo 
#1 ·
Hello,
I wonder if anyone has experienced the same thing, we are having treatment, donor eggs,  at a clinic in Poland and we have just  been told that the clinic can no longer send out medication because of new polish laws. This is a concern to us as we are hopefully undergoing a second fet transfer next month and would probably require more medication eventually. I know we can get similar medication here albeit with different brand name but I just feel more comfortable Carrying on with the same meds. Has anyone else experienced this or can give me any tips? Thank you for reading.

#2 ·
Hi Abacanto21

I did my tx with a cz clinic but I can answer in generality. Hopefully someone who has cycled or is cycling in Poland can also respond.

I was happy getting local equivalent drugs. The only main difference I recall was the Czech prescription I had for aspirin was 100iu whereas the formulation in UK for low dose is 75iu. The clinic were aware and unconcerned. Other meds they were able to suggest alternatives.

In essence I think your alternatives are either to fly to Poland low cost, perhaps as a day trip and buy there, else accept that you’ll have to work with their prescription at home and sometimes use different brands. I don’t think it will affect the outcome but I understand your disappointment at having to do something different and your preference for continuity.

I don’t know where you live but it might be cheaper buying in Poland. If buying at home, it’s often worth shopping around.

Good luck.

#4 ·
I bought drugs locally, and it was much cheaper. I have not heard about any changes in Polish law, but I will ask my friend who is the owner of pharmacy in Poland. The only thing that comes to mind is GDPR rules, that came into effect across the EU in May.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.